Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:22 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Veronica Mars on UPN
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 11:39 pm 
Master Pilot

Veronica Mars. This freshman series created by Rob Thomas (not the singer guy, a writer of juvenile fiction and previously the TV series Cupid) has been renewed for next season. This show is kinda a cross between Beverly Hills 90210, Nancy Drew and CSI. Series airs on Tuesday nites.

Veronica (Kirsten Bell) is a student at Neptune HS, her father Keith (Enrico Colantani) was Neptune's sheriff, but now he runs his own PI agency, and Veronica is officially his part time assistant. Veronica's year at school before the present one was way different, her best friend (Lilly Kane) and her bf (Duncan Kane) were the kids of the Neptune's number one businessman (a software mogul Jake Kane). This gave Veronica an entry into the HS's coolest groups. Well, Lilly was brutally murdered (mysterious circumstances) Duncan broke up with her and Jake might be her biological father. Additionally, V was dosed at a party with a date rape drug and came to with her underware around her ankles. So now she is no longer hanging with the HS 'in crowd' but she still works on the school newspaper. And she helps Keith and solves cases of her own, while searching for her Mom, Lianne Mars, who ran off around the time of Lilly's death and the party incident, and trying to get to the bottom of Lilly's murder, because V just does not believe the official story and neither does Keith, since that was the last case he worked on as official top LEO in Neptune. BTW, did you know V has started intense makeout sessions with Logan Echolls, Lilly's old bf, who really does not get along with anyone, his father is Aaron (Harry Hamlin, the LA Law guy), a formerly big time actor, and Logan's half sister Trina (Alyson Hannigan , recurring character) is an aspiring actress. Logan's mom disappeared somewhat mysteriously, maybe jumped off a bridge and regardless Logan blames dad. Up to the last few episodes Logan put some blame on V for Lilly's death since he and Lilly had broken up, Lilly and Logan broke up because V ratted him out to Lilly cause he was 'sucking face' with other girls, shortly before Lilly's murder and if they had been together he could have protected her from the killer.

I know this probably sounds real stupid and silly, but the characters are compelling and grow on you. The first season finale is on May10, and I've heard through the grapevine that UPN will be repeating all episodes this summer. taraswizard
Allan Rosewarne N9SQT/WDX6HQV
Chicago area
W/T forever, always
Plan C - http://planc.bravepages.com/main.html<i>Edited by: taraswizard at: 5/3/05 4:41 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: Veronica Mars on UPN
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:11 pm 
Master Pilot

Ok, guys and gals, I'm a little surprised no-one commented on this. But, maybe not since this show is on the smallest of the netlets and it made no ratings records this last season. However, I believe CBS is rerunning some of the episodes, CBS and UPN are owned by the same parent corporation.

I've really gotten to this love this show, and it is not my new BtVS. But I do like it lots.

Now Joss Whedon (Serenity, Firefly, BtVS and Angel) has the following to say Quote:Joss Luvs Veronica.

This is my attempt at posting my own thread. My peeps and I just finished a crazed Veronica Marsathon, and I can no longer restrain myself. Best. Show. Ever. Seriously, I've never gotten more wrapped up in a show I wasn't making, and maybe even more than those. Crazy crisp dialogue. Incredibly tight plotting. Big emotion, I mean BIG, and charsimatic actors and I was just DYING from the mystery and the relationships and PAIN, this show knows from pain and no, I don't care, laugh all you want, I had to share this. These guys know what they're doing on a level that intimidates me. It's the Harry Potter of shows. There. I said it. People should do whatever they can to check out this first season so the second won't be a spoiler fest. I'm nutty.

I'm a little calmer now. Oh God, no I'm not! Wait. Wait. Okay. Some of you may already be all up on this, and some may disagree, but I'm urging peeps to check it out, 'cause there is great TV afoot, and who doesn't want that? Thank you for your time.

Still not calm! Wait... wait...
joss

FWIW, the first season DVD set is due out in October.

taraswizard
Chicago area
W/T forever, always
Plan C - http://planc.bravepages.com/main.html<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Veronica Mars on UPN
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:19 am 
Master Pilot

What is the BEST show you're not watching?? It is Veronica Mars on Wednesdays, changed from last seasons air day of Tuesday, on UPN. However, in most areas the local UPN stations are repeating the episodes on Weekends. And to further entice you the November 9 episode had a special guest star, Joss Whedon (creator of BtVS, Angel, Firefly/Serenity). And over the next few episodes Kevin Smith will be a guest star as a convenience store clerk (can you say type casting).

See earlier posts for rundown of first season and some the series premises. taraswizard
Chicago area
W/T forever, always
Plan C - http://planc.bravepages.com/main.html<i>Edited by: taraswizard at: 11/9/05 9:21 pm
</i>