Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 5:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Animals--pets or otherwise
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 1:11 am 
Master Pilot

Must b that reading Narnia is making me more animal concious, or that I just love my kidz SO much I'll start bragging! So here goes: as many of u kno I have 5 pets; 2 tri-color collies, Lothlorien-Goldberry and Annabel Lee by the Sea who every1 calls Jamacia, 2 kitties, Sam and Chanel and Wanda the fish from hell.

Wanda got her name by killing or diseasing 2 death all my fish in the big tank, even my baby Molly the algae eater who was with me 4 a year. Being the only survivor I put her in a Beta tank and try 2 pay attention 2 her--oh how Tamara hates her! (I think she's secretly placing bets on when her little baby, Chanel, will eat her!)

Lori and Annie's dad was named Strider and their mom's name was Gaia--they r my babies, they r SO cute! Sometimes they woof 2 much, but I love them 2 death!

Sam is the greatest Siberian Tiger, Lynx Point Eared kitty, I would read much more in bed if he didn't always get on my chest and start ...

Chanel is a nut! (Kitten Pouncequick!) She's the welcoming committee and the roof kitty. She rolls on her back 4 tummy pets and is 1 year old--so u kno how frisky baby kitties can be--always chasing something.
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.
Lyall Watson
<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 3/17/03 5:19:42 am
</i>

Post subject: Re: Animals--pets or otherwise
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:17 am 
Lady Scryer

We have two kitties. One is about nine years old and very big. He weighs in about twenty pounds and has very long fur so he looks even bigger than that! His name is Tigger Too, but we call him all sorts of things, like Tiggly Wiggly. The other cat belongs to my younger son. He was given to us at age two when his previous owners moved in to a place where they couldn't keep him. He is also orange and white, but has soft, silky fur. his name is Bud. They are our fluff cat and our silk cat. We also call Bud "The Heat Seeking Missile" because he has this unerring ability to find the warmest possible place in the house and take it over. "What did you say to the Emperor about me?" "He wanted to know what I saw in you.I told him that you poured out honor like a fountain, all around you." "That's weird. I don't feel full of honor, or anything else, except maybe confusion." "Naturally not. Fountains keep nothing for themselves."<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 8:37 am 
Master Pilot

And Max will b back b4 u kno it!
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.
Lyall Watson
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 4:02 pm 
Lady Scryer

Oh, I hope, Lord Danlo!
I miss my doggy!
He was nine years old, and he was in love with me. And he was my little baby dog even though he was starting to turn all gray.
The kids even made up a little song about him:
Mommy had a great big lab
His fur was black as coal
To follow Mommy everywhere
Was his only goal. "What did you say to the Emperor about me?" "He wanted to know what I saw in you.I told him that you poured out honor like a fountain, all around you." "That's weird. I don't feel full of honor, or anything else, except maybe confusion." "Naturally not. Fountains keep nothing for themselves."<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 9:44 pm 
Master Pilot

That IS sad! Further up, and further in!<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 12:06 am 
Pilot

I have two rabbits. Sucio Nieve and Dakin. Better known as Fat Bun and Little One.

I have a dog Cari (pronounced Car EEEE) whom I left at my parents house.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 12:06 am 
Lady Scryer

Our Max puppy came back today after being lost for awhile. Poor doggy has open bleeding wounds on all four paws and the lower part of all four legs. He's physically exhausted, can barely limp to his water and food bowls, and just wags the tip of his tail at us. He's lost about twenty pounds! I guess I'll just have to pamper him back into health!!
It's so good to have him home where he belongs!! Winter is Coming
Blood and Fire
Unbowed,Unbent,Unbroken<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 12:24 am 
Master Pilot

Welcome back Max! Much love coming at ya' to heal u faster!!! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 6:38 am 
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I guess my wife forgot to tell you about our younger son's new pet snail that he brought home from school in a plastic cup filled with algae, water, and weeds. We got him a goldfish bowl, and it goes all over the place, I never knew snails move around so much. It doesn't have a name yet. Have you hugged your cat today?<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 10:51 am 
Master Pilot

That's great--call him Crunchy! That's my generic name 4 all snails. I also call all cockroaches, policemen and UPS drivers, "Herb"--don't ask me y, y'all already knew I was And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 6:01 am 
Master Pilot

I'm a cat lover .. comes from being star sign Leo I guess and just loving kitties

We have had heaps of pets .. sleepy lizard called Izzy .. cat called Dizzy [after fav character in STarship Troopers] other cat called Monty [Montgomery Lister Given to be precise] [after BRit Field Marshall Bernard Montgomery and Lister from REd Dwarf]

We have had loads of cats and dogs .. DOGS: we used to breed great danes - beautiful dogs! I had an Afghan when I was a kid .. and mutts Snowy .. pEPI .. being the most recent .. RIP Pepi .. Snowy is now residing on a farm in SA .. peace Snow!!

Dizzy was the only pet we could bring from SA .. and Izzy died of pneumonia even after several nights snuggled in bed with us!!!!@

We have cared for many injured native animals .. when they die it is always tragic cos you get so attached!!

I would never have a snake .. dont do it for me 't all ..

love kitties .. cos for us it is cruel to have dogs .. we dont have enuff time to walk em and stuff .. and cats are great .. they are very independant and eat less :P

health and healing<i></i>

Post subject: Introducing: Matty the orange Catty
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 6:53 pm 
Lady Scryer

We added another big old boy orange and white kitty to our home today. he was in a situation where his old owners had to find him a new home or put him to sleep. He's 1 1/2 years old and seems very very sweet! This one will be bigredbulldog's kitty! Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Introducing: Matty the orange Catty
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 12:02 pm 
Master Pilot

I have eight cats-
Mustard Head is insane and likes chewing on people's toes.
Socks is stupid and likes noodles.
Fluffy thinks he's a dog.
Goldie likes licking people's heads like they were kittens.
Pookie is strange.
Smudgie is Siamese and likes tuna.
Yen-Yang, her face is like a yen-yang sign.
Whiskers, he's wilder than a tornado.

I have two dogs-
Razor W. Blades likes chewing on people.
Rusty Hinges recently had to have his leg amputated and smells really, really bad.

As you can see, I named the dogs so they would seem funnier. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 12:16 pm 
Master Pilot

poor baby! I hope Rusty gets around ok!

The beautiful Goldberry had 2 b put 2 sleep a couple of months ago--but led a wonderful and fufilling life--Jam was very sad but is adjusting well and walking her little black but off. In the meantime we have taken in Stretch turtle and may soon b adopting ranofwithgypsies' huge, slobbery, cutiepie Molly, the Newfoundland pup! , Chanel: And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 3/17/03 5:39:00 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 12:03 am 
Master Pilot

I've got 2 labrador dogs. Bear is 11, he's a 120 lb black lab and hates thunderstorms. Baby is 7 she's a chocolate colored lab.

I have one cat, Ariel, who will be 1 year old on April 15. Ariel was named from a character in Shakespeare's Tempest. She's the color of without the white. <i></i>