Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 5:13 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Farscape, gone but not forgotten
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:26 am 
Master Pilot

For a few years the series Farscape was on the SciFi cable channel. It had more than a few fans, Jim Hansens organization created it. Many fans are still smarting about the cancellation. I was never a fan nor a regular watcher. But Scapers I am starting this thread for you talk about it. John Criton fans welcome here. taraswizard
Allan Rosewarne N9SQT/WDX6HQV
Chicago area
W/T forever, always
Plan C - http://planc.bravepages.com/main.html<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Farscape, gone but not forgotten
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:16 pm 
Pilot

Ah, Farscape! Great series, shame they chopped it. Once you get over the puppets, it was easily the best space opera that's been on TV for a while. Funny, sexy, lots of action, and not a little thought too, what more can you ask for?

Still, I've heard they are going to do a TV movie to try to tie up the threads from the last series, so hope that pans out.

Quote:Crackers? I don't want those frelling crackers! <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:42 pm 
Master Pilot

Best...
...show
...ever.

I started watching it day one, and I was hooked (ok, technically, day 3, since it was a re-air on Sunday of the premiere). It was almost a religious scene at my house every friday night. I still get depressed on Fridays thinking that there used to be something worth watching on that night. I-Man was pretty good, too.

I used to spend a lot of time on IRC in #farscape off of sci-fi's site, even posted to the message board once in a while. I think it was the cancellation and the flood of people that came with it that led me to search out KW in the first place.

The good news is that the crew is working on a four hour wrap-up of the show. I don't know if they found a network for it, but my bitter side is hoping it's not sci-fi. Article here...
www.savefarscape.com/stor...226802.php

I wanna feel the metamorphosis and cleansing I've endured within my shadow. Change is coming. Now is my time. Listen to my muscle memory. Contemplate what I've been clinging to. -Tool, "Forty-Six & Two" <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:14 pm 
Master Pilot

Sylvanus, this one is for you. In a press release on Monday, April 5, SciFi cable announced the following.Quote: SCI FI Brings Back Farscape

SCI FI announced it will be bringing back Farscape with an all-new miniseries — called Farscape: Peacekeeper War — slated to air in the fourth quarter of this year. The four-hour miniseries picks up where the cliffhanger series finale left off and will reunite John Crichton (Ben Browder), Aeryn Sun (Claudia Black) and the rest of the Moya crew.

Farscape creator Rockne O'Bannon and executive producer David Kemper wrote the miniseries, which was directed by Brian Henson. Peacekeeper War was produced by the Jim Henson Company and Hallmark Entertainment, and executive produced by Robert Halmi Jr.

SCI FI will make the official announcement at noon on Monday, April 5, during the channel's advertising sales "upfront" presentation.

taraswizard
Allan Rosewarne N9SQT/WDX6HQV
Chicago area
W/T forever, always
Plan C - http://planc.bravepages.com/main.html<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:18 pm 
Master Pilot

Thanks. Yeah, I saw that. I'm just a little upset that it's going to be on Sci-Fi. They don't deserve it... though, hey, maybe they'll actually show Farscape eps at an hour that people are awake now.

Heh. Mini-series and other channels' cancelled shows. That's all Sci-Fi is these days. ________________
I wanna feel the metamorphosis and cleansing I've endured within my shadow. Change is coming. Now is my time. Listen to my muscle memory. Contemplate what I've been clinging to. -Tool, "Forty-Six & Two" <i></i>