Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:12 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Comicbook Super Heroes filmed: Spiderman 2, Ironman?
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 8:29 pm 
Master Pilot

We've seen some great renderings of some comicbook super heroes in the movies lately like Superman, Batman and The X-men. I am almost more xcited about Spiderman (w/Wilhelm daFoe, btw) coming out than I was about LOTR/FOTR, but I'm even more xicted about The Two Towers and, as Sky reminded me, the next Star Wars installment: Attack of the Clones (almost sounds like Revenge of the Nerds!). Who is ur fav comic book hero or character, 4 that matter--who would u like 2 c next turned in2 a movie? We've got 2 get aminbahavin over 2 the Hangar cause I know he loves Dr. Strange! My hero is Davedevil, the man w/o fear. I've heard there were a couple attempts 2 make a DD movie and that a new 1 is now in the works--I also love The Silver Surfer! I've also heard that a full screen Hulk is about 2 come out. Here r some of my favs:
1. Daredevil
2. Silver Surfer
3. X-Men
4. Batman
5. Black Panther
6. The Flash
7. Spidey
8. The Hulk
9. The Green Hornet
10. The Green Lantern
gettin' a little green @ the end there--I like Thor, Dr. Strange and Moonknight alot 2--u can also chat about the TV shows and made 4 TV movies--there was an awful Spiderman and Capt. America TV movie. My fav TV comic book show was The Green Hornet (w/Bruce Lee) and they also had: the old Superman and Flash Gordon, the silly old Batman, The Hulk and WonderWoman wasn't 2 hard on the eyes either! Do Xena and Hercules count as comicbooks? They might as well.... Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 3/31/04 10:04 am
</i>

Post subject: Re: Comicbook Super Heroes! Spiderman the Movie!
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 11:07 pm 
Master Pilot

I noticed a lot of Marvel comics there, Danlo! Marvel was so successful with creating super heroes with problems. I don't know if I can come up with 10 (some of my likes are the same as yours, Danlo!)
1. Silver Surfer
2. Thor
3. Fantastic Four
4. Metal Men (really old comic there!)
5. Spiderman
6. Green Lantern
7. The Defenders (original group with Submariner, Dr. Strange, The Hulk, was there another?)
8. Green Arrow
9. Batman
10. Superman (in the later years) Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 3:50 am 
Master Pilot

Wow u took me way back--I think my older sister introduced me 2 Metal Men--Mercury was weird and the girl--can't remember her element--was pretty foxy! I don't remember the Green Arrow unless he was the guy w/blond hair, dressed sorta like Robin Hood and wore a mask like the Green Lantern--Hawkeye was another archer and may b the 4th Defender. It might have been Iron Man or Capt. America? The original Iron Man, millionaire Tony Stark developed a serious drinking prob and had 2 find a replacement--is that serious social relavence or what!? Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 11/18/02 1:46:42 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 11:01 pm 
Master Pilot

Just got back from Spiderman--awesomely cool, very, very cool, effects not as cool as LOTR/FOTR but they did the job--DaFoe much more convincing than the reviewers made him out 2 b--very real life, for a comic book, it really captured the "new" comicbook-movie style:I was xpecting the X-men 2 pop in @ any minute and 4 a while there I almost thought the guy in the wheelchair was Prof. X! Ranks up there with the 1st Batman and X-men. Very, very enjoyable--Kristin Dirst is almost as foxy as the comic book Mary Jane. They left out the WTC scenes, btw, mayb when I saw that preview I was in a "test-market" 4 that scene... Does the same justice 4 comic books that LOTR did 4 the book! Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 2:05 am 
Master Pilot

Can't believe I forgot about Iron Man. Used to have the #3 issue. You are so right about relevance. Marvel was so good at that. The lady in the Metal Men (my favorite too) was Platinum. Remember the Tin guy was always getting beaten badly every issue? Hope to see the Spidey movie really soon! Oh, you're correct in your description of Green Arrow!
[Hey, getting off topic a little, but I always thought of one of Spidey's many enemies (or was it the Fantastic Four); the guy that had battering rams for fist, looked to be made out of sand, reminds me of what sandgorgons must've looked like.] Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 3:35 am 
Master Pilot

Yeah The Sandman was was one of Spideys main enemies, Daredevil battled him 2, as was The Green Goblin (the villian in the movie) and his son Harry who became The Gremlin--Mephisto, Doc Octopus and The Owl were a couple of his old rivals and he fought The Kingpin w/DD a couple of times. Wasn't there a round headed guy w/rivets in Metal Men was he Steel? yea Tin was pitiful! ha,ha! Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 9/3/02 5:47:18 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 5:56 pm 
Pilot

Took my kids to see "Spidey" yesterday. Younger Daughter had already seen it, and I agree with her assessment: "Good special effects. Bad ending." Fer cryin' out loud, could the movie have screamed "SEQUEL!!!" any louder?

Anyhow...now looking forward to seeing "Attack of the Dweebs" -- oh, sorry, "Attack of the Clones" -- at the midnight showing on Wednesday. (Where did George Lucas get the idea that he could name a movie "Attack of the Clones" with a straight face?) <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Comicbook Super Heroes! Daredevil the Movie!
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 5:01 am 
Master Pilot

I'm so psyched!! Just found out the Daredevil movie is for real starring Ben Afleck as DD and Matt Murdoch his blind Atty, alter-ego--should come out in the Fall--just priced comic books DAMM r they ever xpensive now!!!I don't really care 4 the artwork in the new "Marvel Knights" Daredevil...I like the mutants in Fantastic Four but never really cared 4 Reed, or "stretch" that much--tough he was a wiener...Plasticman def cooler!!!I also dug Ant-man he was very cool!! How far do you fall Pilot?<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 11/18/02 1:48:21 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 11:37 pm 
Master Pilot

I personally cant wait to see the Kingpin! Best villain EVER! <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 12:42 am 
Master Pilot

I have heard rumors that the Kingpin will be played by the huge black guy in The Green Mile: Michael Clarke Duncan. Jennifer (Alias) Garner will play Electra, Colin Farrell will play Bullseye & Jon Favreau: Foggy Nelson. Release date, is Valentine's Day 2003. The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 2/23/03 4:11:36 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 10:08 pm 
Master Pilot

In the comics, the Kingpin is now a blind, white man. I guess he could be back......but does anyone know the stroyline behind DD the Movie(got a nice ring to it!)? <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 10:11 pm 
Master Pilot

I do not kno the story line...How did Kingpin go blind? The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:21 am 
Master Pilot

He got in a car accident, making him like his nemesis.... <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 8:51 pm 
Master Pilot

The trailer 2 DD the movie is now available! I'll b back w/the website later! Comic books r getting 2 xpensive, btw!
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.
Lyall Watson
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 2:09 pm 
Master Pilot

It's coming! And the commercials look awesome! Opens around Valentine's Day!
And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>