Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:47 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: who?
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 3:33 pm 
Master Pilot

Brigham Young's hitman? What was that about??

also I love the Shawshank Redemption with Tim Robbins <i></i>

Post subject: Re: who?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 10:49 pm 
Master Pilot

<b> <i> The Shawshank Redemption</i> is one of those movies that I watch in its entirety only once. After that, I just like the ending (which was fabulous). Don't want to sit through all the mistreatment again, but love that ending! Another good example of this is Michael Douglas's <i> Disclosure</i>. If I can ever catch the last 15 minutes of that movie, I go for it!
Does anyone else do this? </b> Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

Post subject: All of a sudden I HAVE 2 change my top ten list!!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 4:59 am 
Master Pilot

Just watched Vanilla Sky again--and it made sense this time--my mind is totally blown! Fantastic, killer, great movie--I'll have 2 put it up w/LOTRs: Fellowship of the Rings now! How far do you fall Pilot?<i></i>

Post subject: butting in again!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 11:31 pm 
Master Pilot

We just watched a really cool movie, scared the crap out of me, The Mothman Prophesies w/Richard Gere (no he didn't have his gerbil w/him this time! ) any1 else seen it??? I should put this in "C's Corner as well... How far do you fall Pilot?<i></i>

Post subject: Re: butting in again!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 10:47 am 
Master Pilot

yeah I watched it on Monday!! yeah it was good .. very tight story .. I liked it! I wasnt too keen on seeing it .. GEre is not a fav of mine .. but the movie was great .. health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 8:21 pm 
Master Pilot

Sky, and others, c my rebuttal (or agreement) on Richard Gere in the Actor's thread! How far do you fall Pilot?<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 2:33 pm 
Master Pilot

Sky I just watched a cool-ass movie from ur neck of the woods! Lantana w/Anthony Lapaglia, Geoffery Rush & Barbara Hershey--Kerry Armstrong & Rachael Blake were especially good! Tamara wants 2 kno 2 things: What esle has Rachael Blake been in, she looks SO familiar & y do u guys drive on the wrong side of the road? hahaha! Lantana won 7 Australian Film Festival Awards! Very cool music and refreshingly done: don't often c movies shot in that way or stories told in that way. Have u seen it? Where is it supposed 2 b in Oz-it kinda seems like a suburb of Sydney, but looks so tropical I figured it had 2 b up north. Also watched Glass House w/Lee Lee Sobreski--pretty taught thriller! How far do you fall Pilot?<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 6/17/02 6:37:19 am
</i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 5:47 am 
Master Pilot

I love Geoffrey Rush .. but I havent seen Lantana .. and to be honest I tend to be very wary of Australian made movies .. but I have wondered about Lantana .. and now I will go watch it thanx to your review ..

I had the impression that it was filmed in Sydney but will watch it and let you know.

I have wondered about Glass House too .. will check it out now too!

and oh yeah .. the wrong side????? .. since when is the left side the wrong side all of a sudden??? Its a hell of a lot safer I guarrentee .. than if I drove on the right side of the road!!! health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 1:40 pm 
Master Pilot

!!Danger!!Danger!! the Skyking approacheth!! How far do you fall Pilot?<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 6/17/02 2:23:20 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 2:21 pm 
Master Pilot

... *looks blankly at the Lord Pilot* .. is there danger afoot?? and if so .. who in Arthur's Court is the skyking???? health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 4:00 pm 
Master Pilot

<b> Sky King was a serial in the 50's that featured a man that owned a plane and had a daughter, Penny, who helped fly the plane sometimes. (I know this may not be what was meant, but it was so nostalgic that I couldn't resist). </b> Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 9:22 pm 
Master Pilot

I was calling U the skyking--Skyweir! **visions of u driving in the US** Yes I based the new nic on the old series King! Skyking was my CB handle, back in the day... How far do you fall Pilot?<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 2:25 pm 
Master Pilot

really danlo?? .. you were once the skyKing??!! .. and I am but a humble sky - weir .. and as some would deign to address me .. sky - weirdo : .. cant win 'em all?? .. I would probably get myself and any passengers in the vehicle with me .. all killed .. driving the US .. you guys have no sense of road rules!! .. and how is it that you insist on driving in the most dangerous lane of all??? .. well lucky for you that traffic heading in the opposite direction tend to avoid you and collision by having the decency to travel in the other lane!!

How is it that you even began to drive in this fashion .. ?? health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 3:24 pm 
Master Pilot

<b> I wish I knew, Sky! It had something to do with horses and meeting those who might draw a sword against you (or was that the reason for shaking hands? ). Don't really know. We seem to be opposites in the world: everyone else pretty much uses the metric system; drives on the left-hand side of the road; etc.</b> Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

Post subject: The Shipping News
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 2:57 pm 
Master Pilot

I HIGHLY recommened this film that just came out on video! Great story--adapted from a Pulitzer Prize winning book! Marvelous preformances from Kevin Spacey, Julianne Moore, Judy Dench, Scott Glenn and Cate Blancette--great music--I won't spoil @all, all I can say is SEE THIS MOVIE!!! How far do you fall Pilot?<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 6/20/02 7:58:15 am
</i>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next