Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:51 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Funny Movies:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 8:12 am 
Master Pilot

It's about time we got silly, loosened up and laughed! In no particular order I'll throw out some favs, but first a Bill Murray top ten:
1. Groundhog Day
2. What About Bob?
3. Caddyshack
4. Ghostbusters
5. Stripes
6. Tootsie
7. Where the Buffalo Roam
8. Scrooged
9. Space Jam
10. Meatballs

Liar, Lair, Nothing to Lose- A Bug's Life, Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstien, Life of Brian, MP & Holy Grail, Fast Times @ Ridgemont High, Two if by Sea, Mrs. Doubtfire, True Lies, Bananas, Sleeper, Cat Ballou, All of Me, The Gods Must be Crazy, Blind Date, A Fish Called Wanda, Innerspace, Toy Story, Ms. Congeniality, The Princess Bride, Raising Arizona, Fargo, O' Brother Where Art Thou?, Real Genius, Time Bandits, Tin Cup, The Great Outdoors, Beverly Hills Cop, 48 hours, Trading Places, Feeling Minnesota, Kindergarten Cop, Kelly's Heroes, Men at Work, Being There... How far do you fall Pilot?<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Funny Movies:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 6:58 pm 
Pilot

My all-time fave is "Young Frankenstein." I thought about the "yummy noises" scene the other day and cracked myself up.... And how can you top the Monster doing a soft-shoe to "Puttin' on the Ritz"?

"MP and the Holy Grail" is classic (one of my daughters is fond of quoting: "How can an eight-ounce bird carry a one-pound coconut?"), but I thought "Life of Brian" was *really* funny. The ex-leper scene always gets me!

Fargo: "Oh, for Pete's sake!" the nice police officer lady says as the killer drives away....

<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 7:06 pm 
Master Pilot

oh cool!! I love Monty Python .. especially The Life of Brian .. it is such a clever movie!! A lot of people see it as sacreligous but its a commentary on human nature more than anything else!! I love it!!

I love the Holy Grail too!! The Meaning of Life is funny too!

Something about Mary cracked me up .. I had to be carried out of the movie theatre .. I could harldy stand my stomach hurt so much ..

Dumb and Dumber is another fav .. always cracks me up!! I love the scene where Jim CArey is imagining scenarios .. and visualises himself the toast of the party .. and .. how he goes about to impress everyone .. I love the snowball fight GErard Depadue has with the girl!!

Galaxy Quest .. Tim Allen and Sigourney Weaver etc..

Shanghai Noon!! with Jackie Chan ..

Princess Bride .. very funny ..

The whole nine yards .. was fun ..

Never been kissed .. with Drew BArrymore ..

Groundhog day is a goody ..

oh god how could I forget!! Meet the Parents!! I love Robert D'Niro in comedy .. fab!! And I love Ben Stiller .. just not in Zoolander ..

Liar Liar was funny .. JIm Carey was great in this ..

oh there's so many favs ..

health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 8:03 pm 
Master Pilot

apparently, u haven't seen the new emoticon I've put up just 4 people like y'all: How far do you fall Pilot?<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 6/14/02 1:04:40 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 3:19 pm 
Master Pilot

<b> Hey, Danlo! A fellow <i> Meatballs</i> lover! I think Bill Murray is great in anything comical (didn't like <i> Razor's Edge</i>). <i> Groundhog Day</i> and <i> Ghostbusters</i> are my other favorites of his. </b> Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 3:35 pm 
Master Pilot

great emoticon!! health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 10:28 pm 
Pilot

It looks like I'm behind the times......I've only seen a couple of the movies listed..... At least now I know where to start....

My all-time favorite would have to be Andy Griffith's <i> No Time for Sergeants</i>, but another good but obscure one would be <i> If you Could See What I Hear</i>.

Coercri

<i>Edited by: Coercri2 at: 6/15/02 3:29:59 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 2:08 pm 
Master Pilot

<b> I love <i> No Time for Sergeants</i>! I always wanted to be the PLO! (Permanent Latrine Orderly)</b> Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 8:13 pm 
Pilot

Love Mel Brook's Spaceballs...also Blazing Saddles (esp. Madeline Kahn's Dietrich takeoff as Lily Von Stupp) and of course The Producers!!! <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 8:15 pm 
Master Pilot

"Springtime for Hitler and Germany!!!" lalalala! How far do you fall Pilot?<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 2:32 am 
Pilot

Ahhh King Theoden.....sometimes I think I am.......

-Coercri <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 5:42 am 
Master Pilot

LOL

<b><i>Quote:</i></b> I always wanted to be the PLO! (Permanent Latrine Orderly)

I guess you'd had to have seen the film to fully appreciate the attraction .. health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 2:34 pm 
Master Pilot

Just saw a very silly, touching, movie that's been out 4 awhile: Chasing Amy with Ben Affleck, Joey Lauren Adams and Jason Lee--very real, very funny--felt like I was back in my ol' stomping groungs of Jersey. Matt Damon does a very quick cameo--but had Tamara and I rolling on the floor! Affleck bears a very striking resemblance 2 Bruce Springsteen, in it--and it takes place in Red Bank--very close 2 Bruce's stomping ground: Asbury Park. Very, very cool music--I may buy the soundtrack--no Boss tho... It's a Jersey thing...Silent Bob and Jay got their start in this movie--they r very silly! How far do you fall Pilot?<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 7/30/02 9:07:30 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 9:20 pm 
Master Pilot

<b> Definitely, Sky! Have you seen <i> No Time for Sergeants</i>? </b> Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 4:01 pm 
Master Pilot

if I <b> had</b> I might be challenging you for the position of PLO!!!!

hard for me to imagine .. now however .. health and healing<i></i>