Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:11 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: !!!!CARTOONS!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 2:01 am 
Master Pilot

Looney tunes is where it's at man, Buggs, Roadrunner, Daffy, Tweety,"ooooh it was a trewible trip; back and forth, back and forth..", Taz, Pepe, Foghorn, Marvin, Elmer, Slyvester, Speedy, "undale, undale, eeepha, eeepa!!", Yosemite Sam, Porky, and on and on. "I've come 2 bury the hatchet....not in your bonehead, boy!".... Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i></i>

Post subject: Re: !!!!CARTOONS!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 2:56 am 
Master Pilot

Well, you know my favorite: Long live Foghorn Leghorn! Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 2:00 pm 
Master Pilot

I too possess a personal liking for 'Foghorn Leghorn' as I do for the other Looney Tunes .. but when it comes to cartoons its hard to surpass the pure brilliance .. social commentary and wit of 'The Simpsons' .. <my life stops at 6.00pm for a half hour and I revel in the beauty that is found in Homey and in particular .. Mr Burns .. I just love this show!!

And as far Cartoon movies goes .. Animal Farm was good .. and Iron Giant is another personal fav. Infact there are sooo many it becomes really hard to choose between favs .. so I just have to go with saying I love 'em all ...

<am a kid at heart .. arent we all????>

<p.s ... if not .. just keep it to yourself> health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 12:49 am 
Master Pilot

Good post, Skywier! I didn't think about cartoon movies (I'd rather think of the better ones to be animated rather cartoons, but that may be for my own integrity! ).
Favorite animated/cartoon movies:
<i> Secret of NIMH
The Last Unicorn
The Rescuers (both movies)
Watership Down (all time favorite)
The Fox and the Hound
Charlie Brown (Halloween/Christmas) </i> <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 7:45 pm 
Pilot

Oh, yeah -- "The Last Unicorn" was good, and of course the Charlie Brown specials. My all-time favorite animated Christmas special, though, is "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" (even though it's by Rankin-Bass -- eeesh...). Then there are the Disney films, including "Snow White", the original "Fantasia" and, more recently, "Beauty & the Beast" and "The Little Mermaid". It's almost too bad that my kids are now too old to drag me to every new Disney movie. They're now into Japanese anime, which I can take or leave....

Danlo, you've got to give the Hanna-Barbera studio its due: Flintstones, Jetsons, Huckleberry Hound, the Hillbilly Bears. And what about Rocky & Bullwinkle? And George of the Jungle? ("Stay tuned for scenes from next 'George of Jungle' show, starring Tom Slick, Superchicken, and George of Bungle." "That's 'jungle', George." "I think he was right the first time!") OMG, Superchicken -- "So *you're* the brains behind the rubber ducky!" Man, this is like the Monty Python thread on the old KW board -- once you start, you can't stop! <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 8:09 pm 
Master Pilot

I love the Flintstones--even if it was a rip-off of The Honeymooners--Huckleberry Hound is the greatest--I even like Yogi Bear:<beavers buzz down a tree--Yogi running away from tree as BooBoo says,> "hey Yogi! watch out 4 that Elm tree!!" Yogi turns around and says, "looks more..<tree lands on Yogi's head "Bamm!!", bounces off as Yogi starts being beat in2 the ground>like a Sycamore<"Bamm!! only 1/2 of Yogi now visible, then in tiny squeaky voice:> to me!" <nothing left of Yogi, just tree lying on ground>. My personal HB fav is Quickdraw McGraw, "I'll do the thinnin aroud here BaBaLouie!" I also like Ricochet Rabbit, Yacky Doodle, Tom & Jerry, Dexter's Lab and Ed, Edd & Eddy! I like almost ALL cartoons--except 4 stuff like Scooby Doo and Josie and the Pussycats. Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i></i>

Post subject: favorite looney toones
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 4:01 am 
Pilot

I just could never get enough of Marvin the Martian and his dog,and those sort of chicken DoDo bird things.

But you got to love Bugs for being the ultimate cool guy. Especially his ablility to step off a girder without noticing and another just happens along at the right time. Kind of a fool on the hill. Very Zen Bugs. <i></i>

Post subject: Zen Bugs
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 7:06 pm 
Pilot

Exactly! Watching a Bugs Bunny cartoon is like a Zen koan!

Well, maybe not really.

Well, maybe not even a little bit like one.

Okay, I'm going home now. <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Zen Daffy
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 7:29 pm 
Master Pilot

ever c the Daffy Duck cartoon where he gets mad @ the animator--and the animator starts erasing him and turns him in2 other things and so 4th--that cartoon is priceless, one of my fav Buggs cartoon (other than all the Pete the Puma toons, eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww!) is the 1 where he's crewing 4 Yosemite sam, the pirate, yes the 1 where he sends him down 2 the powder-room and Sam blows his whole ship 2 smitherens. It contains 1 of my fav lines: Sam, "Batten down the hatches!" Buggs, "They are battened down captain", "Well batten them down again, we'll teach those hatches!" Speaking of animated movies any1 ever seen Wizards--I think that was done by Moibus, or 1 of those Heavy Metal Mag animators...btw: I so psyched 4 the Spiderman movie I'm going 2 start a Comic Superheros topic! Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Cartoons
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:54 am 
Master Pilot

Speed Racer. Go, Speed Racer go, speed racer, go, speed racer Gooooo!

For the classics from the 30s, 40s and 50s. Tex Avery's Droopy Dog, a cynical humor that has stood the test of time. And for pure zaniness, Walter Lantz's Woody Woodpecker. taraswizard
Allan Rosewarne N9SQT/WDX6HQV
Chicago area
W/T forever, always
Plan C - http://planc.bravepages.com/main.html<i></i>