Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:42 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hobbies & Collections
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 8:10 pm 
Master Pilot

I collect Hotwheels, frisbees and trouble! Do u have any collections u r especially proud of? What r ur hobbies? Want 2 discuss them w/others? This is the place! Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 7/30/02 9:00:26 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: Hobbies & Collections
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 6:54 am 
Master Pilot

I am really not a collector as such .. but I do collect movies/videos .. and books naturally .. I am equally proud of both of my libraries ..

mmm .. hobbies .. life is a hobby of mine at the mo' being mortal and all .. health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 8:34 pm 
Master Pilot

I love 2 go camping in the Mts and I love 2 garden and xeriscape (kinda rock gardening combined w/natural terrain SW US plants--cactus, yucca, tarragon, sage, etc..) I guess I'm just a little kid: I like 2 get dirty--now don't u go anywhere w/that Sky! Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 10:55 pm 
Master Pilot

Interesting topic! I collect much the same as Skyweir does: books, movies, and I'll add music (CDs, records, tapes).

I go a little further in collecting stuff from certain books:
I collect things from Watership Down (oh, what a book!): includes figurines, tapes, diffrerent cover versions of the book, even a little 1/2" copy of the book, snowglobe, washcloth (?!).

I actually sold most of my Tolkien stuff when the prices got right on EBAY. Now, I mostly collect Tolkien things to sell later.

Signed copies of Mary Stewart and Stephen Donaldson books are high in my collection.

I have a few Star Trek things that I want to sell, but can't get the price I want.

Had a Dune board game that went pretty high in EBAY. Never played it (couyldn't figure it out!).

I also collect John Wayne westerns (video); think I have all of them now. That's about it. Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 3:29 pm 
Master Pilot

I collect...books! (Big surprise! )

And my favorite activity is dancing. I love dancing of any kind.

~MsMary~

Last edited by MsMary on Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 3:36 pm 
Master Pilot

Yea! I saw a movie about Israeli folkdancing in Hawaii in the 40s it was called Hora!Hora!Hora!, oh god! that was bad! very bad! I think I'll go now..<slinks off w/tail btween legs...> Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 11:33 pm 
Master Pilot

Yeah, you better run, danlo...:">

I forgot to mention another thing I collect: refrigerator magnets! It started out by accident, with me bringing back magnets from places I'd been. At first my husband was really annoyed, then he found himself looking for souvenir magnets on every trip, too. We have quite a large and interesting collection now.

~MsMary~ <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 5:05 pm 
Master Pilot

Well, my sister and her sons came to visit last weekend, and she brought me a present that reminded me of something else I collect. She brought me a bottle of wine in a <b> blue glass</b> bottle!

So guess what else I collect? (No, it's not wine. ). That's right, I collect blue glass. This started with a collection of blue glass dishes that my mom had - they used to give them away for free at the movies when she was young. The most interesting pieces of the collection are leaf-shaped blue plates, veined like real leaves and everything. I also have divided plates (like paper plates with dividers for different foods), candy dishes, water goblets, and a variety of bottles. The bottles sit on my kitchen windowsill, and look very pretty when the sun shines through them.

~MsMary~ "Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 5:09 pm 
Master Pilot

Tarama collects antiques, ANYTHING 2 do w/hummingbirds AND Blue bottles--u'r right MsM they do look beautiful w/the sun shining through them--she has about 20+ of them! Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 6:13 pm 
Master Pilot

I dont really like stuff much .. just my books and movies .. and yeah music too ..

I hate clutter .. and when things start to pile up that in any way remotely resemble a collection of things .. they gotta go!!

I think I might start a money collection though .. havent had much success with that in the past .. but I may give it another go .. health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 2:24 am 
Pilot

I collect otters and books.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
<i></i>

Post subject: Re:Hobbies&Collections
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 5:07 pm 
Pilot

Hmmmm..... Let's see. I collect books, wind chimes, dragon statues, and fantasy clothes. No, I'm not kidding. I have everything from sorceress' robes to she-warriors' armor.
As far as hobbies go, I can dance the celtic dance if I'm drunk enough. <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Re:Hobbies&Collections
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 3:28 am 
Master Pilot

Cool! (hey register! ) And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:19 am 
Pilot

I collect books (1000 at last count.. last year.. so there's more now.. :| ), anime, swords, comics, and sundry other items.. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 4:01 pm 
Master Pilot

I think it could safely be said that we all collect books, to a certain extent.

~MsMary~ "Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"<i></i>