Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:06 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Who is this person?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:52 am 
Master Pilot

I got an email from someone with the address abettis@teamalias.com . She calls herself Angela and says she got my name from an SRD site, although she doesn't specify which one. I don't know if she's actually someone from here or KW, or if it's just clever interest-oriented spam, so I'm hesitant to reply. Anyone have any clue who this person is?

~Foamy~ <i></i>

Post subject: WHO?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:02 pm 
Master Pilot

I have no idea. But strange things r happening...after we stopped talking yesterday some kid named Packersfan4QB popped on 2 my Trillian. We had a nice conversation..but where did this guy come from? He said he was from Sterling Hgts, Michigan, but didn't answer when when I asked if he knew the Duchess' family.

note: this is not the only strange communique I've had from Sterling Htgs, MI. And I've also added some1 I have no idea of on my IM named Critical Fantasy--but the Lord Necromancer hints that I kno this person--I think it might b caamora, but I really have no idea--he's really messing w/my head! <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 1/17/03 11:25:12 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: WHO?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 5:21 pm 
Lady Scryer

I don't know anyone in Sterling Heights, Danlo. That's about an hour or so from here, way on the other side of the big Detroit glom. I live kind of where the Ann Arbor area, the Detroit area, and the Monroe area overlap. If you look at a map of Michigan and draw one line straight south of Ann Arbor, and another straight west of Amherstberg, Ontario, there I'd be right at the intersection. And I wouldn't give out your address, anyway.

You know, I'm seriously thinking about nuking my AIM into outer space. When I only had AOL going, the only people who ever sent me IM's were my buddies and Mhoram and Sky. Ever since I downloaded AIM a week or so ago, EVERY time I sign on to the internet I've been deluged with requests to chat by unknown people. It's sort of creeping me out. And I can't even get trillion to work, even with Mhoram's help...so I think I'm going to have to nuke that, too. I wanted to be able to talk to Danlo, but I don't think I'll be able to.

Foamy, I have no idea who your person is. Seems like if they belong to Watch or Hangar, they should tell you who they are?? I have no clue as to who Critical Fantasy is, either.

And I've been thinking of wiping all of my profiles clean. I've been getting way too much nasty spam lately and I was wondering if my profiles here at Ezboard and at the Watch might be the reason why? How do people get on those spam lists, anyway?? Because I want off of them. And the sad thing is, I know that AOL is probably shielding me from the worst of it, cause one of my best friends has Yahoo, and she gets stuff a million times worse than I do, and my stuff is pretty bad! And just because you read books (all of the boards I belong to are book boards), why would they send you between ten and twenty emails EVERY day about permanently increasing the size of a certain organ that I don't even have?? It's enough to drive me
Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it, so long as it was there.~Terry Pratchett<i>Edited by: Duchess of Malfi  at: 1/17/03 10:38:26 am
</i>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 4:18 pm 
Master Pilot

Duchess, on AIM do you have a Directory Profile? If you do, wipe it clean and no more mysterious contacts will IM you. Ill try and find out who these people are...although I dont want any trouble.

Foamy, I checked out teamalias.com, its some kind of multimedia site. Further up, and further in! <i>Edited by: mhoram6910 at: 1/18/03 9:19:35 am
</i>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 4:57 pm 
Lady Scryer

Mhoram, I turned off AIM and trillion. It was hard to turn off AIM. I had to click on lots of buttons to find the off switch. I am also planning on uninstalling both, the one because it wouldn't work, the other because it works all too well. Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it, so long as it was there.~Terry Pratchett<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 9:26 pm 
Lady Scryer

Does anyone at the Watch of the Hangar have an aol screen neme with Kink as part of it? Everytime I get on the internet these days someone with Kink as part of his/her sign on name tries to chat with me...I keep saying no because I have no idea who this person might be... Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
****Tavern Wench of DOGMA, the Defenders of George Martin's Art****<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:01 pm 
Lady Scryer

Today I wrote his/her name down. Are any of you Kink58234? Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
****Tavern Wench of DOGMA, the Defenders of George Martin's Art****<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:54 am 
Master Pilot

I have no idea who that is, Duchess. Sorry.

~Foamy~ <i></i>

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]