Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:37 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Theater :)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 5:44 pm 
Lady Scryer

I know that I love the theater, and I have a sneaky suspician that Danlo and Damelon do, too.
My favorite play would probably be the Tempest, and my favorite musicals would include Les Mis, Caberet, and Rent.
I also have a fondness for many of Shakespeare's tragedies. Anyone else have any favorites?
Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell<i></i>

Post subject: Re: The Theater :)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 6:42 pm 
Master Pilot

I agree with you, Dutchess, about the Tempest. After all I named my cat Ariel, after seeing the play last year . Did you know that the Tempest was the only play that Shakespeare wrote that was entirely his alone. There were no previous plays of that name.

Of the tragedies, and histories; I'd like to see Hamlet and Macbeth. I'd recommend, if you get a chance to rent it, Ian McKlellan's screen version of Richard III.

<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 11:33 pm 
Master Pilot

My high school drama club didn't do much, but we did put together a show every year for the Shakespeare Festival in Reno. I've played Laertes, the three witches (all three at once), Father Francis, and Petruchio. The Scottish Play is probably my favorite. ________________
I wanna feel the metamorphosis and cleansing I've endured within my shadow. Change is coming. Now is my time. Listen to my muscle memory. Contemplate what I've been clinging to. -Tool, "Forty-Six & Two"<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 7:21 am 
Master Pilot

I was an actor in H.S. and College and used 2 go 2 the theater all the time..now I can't remember the last play I saw! I think it was Miller's The Crucible. When I was in H.S. I was a season ticket holder 2 The Long Wharf Theater (Yale Univ.) where I met John Cassavettes (the Las Vegas cousin in The Godfather and Pacino's ultra-nervous brother in Dog Day Afternoon) and saw (a then svelte) Stacey Keach playing an awesome Hamlet and Fritz Weaver doing Mark Medoff's When You Coming Back Red Rider?

My acting Credits:
the Footman in A Game of Chess
Theophines in The Doctor in Spite of Himself
Mr Einstien in Arsenic and Old Lace
Mrs Murphy in Rags to Riches (and yes I was in drag! )
Lysander in A Midsummer Night's Dream
The Dying Old Man in Taxi
Mr Smith in The Bald Soprano
Mephistopheles in Dr. Faustus
Old Vic in A Requiem for Sargents
Ensign Pulver in The Caine Mutiny

I've also written a play called Sukiaki
And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

Post subject: plays :)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 3:53 am 
Lady Scryer

The one play I've never gotten a chnace to see is the I read in college about this certain spunky duchess... <i></i>

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]