[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - LHC: tell me we're not all going to die in 3 days

LHC: tell me we're not all going to die in 3 days

Science and Technology

Moderator: Damelon

LHC: tell me we're not all going to die in 3 days

Postby danlo » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:50 pm

I'm sorry guys but I don't have dying on my schedule for a long, long time... :| Nope, not in the mood tyvm :mrgreen:
Give me golf clubs, fresh air and a beautiful partner, and you can keep the clubs and the fresh air.-
Jack Benny
danlo
The Timekeeper

Re: LHC: tell me we're not all going to die in 3 days

Postby Menolly » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:00 pm

It was Hyperception's dream to work on this project as a physics major in community college over a decade ago...

I'll need to remind him start up is in three days. :mrgreen:

Thanks danlo.
Pam Image

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

Menolly
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern

Postby Moonwatcher » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:04 am

It all starts in 3 days, eh? I'll be very interested in the results.

(We better not all die in 3 days time, or I'll be severely annoyed.)
Moonwatcher
Master Pilot

Postby Avatar » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:38 am

This the thing they're going to use to create minature black holes or something?

--A
The UnTitled

Postby Moonwatcher » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:31 pm

Moonwatcher
Master Pilot

Postby Avatar » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:12 pm

I like it. :D

--A
The UnTitled

Postby Moonwatcher » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:37 pm

Well, today appears to be the day they actually start smashing some protons.

:aTOMic:
Moonwatcher
Master Pilot

Postby Avatar » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:01 pm

Bah, we should be so lucky. :lol:

--A
The UnTitled

Postby Moonwatcher » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:43 pm

Okay, so they still did not smash any protons together. Shot one around the ring, but they managed to guide it through 3 times, so they were pretty pleased. Quite amazing to be able to steer something as ridiculously small as an elementary particle around a 27 km circular path, when I think about it.
Moonwatcher
Master Pilot

Return to Pelablinka