Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: About this forum--What is Pelablinka?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 9:57 pm 
Master Pilot

This forum can be very useful--but it can be very controversial as well! Before you look at the words "Science" and "Technology" and run away, please stop for a sec--cause it's people like you that this forum desperately needs to keep it in check. Probably the most useful direct aspect of the forum is to trouble-shoot computer probs and share cool tips & tricks--we can also talk about viruses, hacks, spam and scream @ Bill Gates, Stephen Jobs, Earthlink, Google, AOL, Netscape--your local server, etc... Now comes the controversy when we get into hard science catagories such as: Astro-physics, biology, genetic engineering, nano and bio technology, quantum theory, chemistry, evolution, terraforming--that kinda stuff. Ok, 1st of all to y'all ready to run away--we need your thoughts, oppositions and concerns. I, for one, really see no difference between quantum theory and spirituality--but you may...we need that imput! Some subjects like astromomy (which I love!), geography, geology (to some extent), generic biology, oceanography, architecture, spaceflight and meteorology are basically harmless and fun. Other aspects of Science and Technology-such as; genetic engineering, stem cell research, biological warfare, cloning, evolution, id chip implants, terraforming, asteriod mining, etc..can be VERY controvesial and upsetting to some...I, for one (evolution aside) am VERY scared and concerned about all the issues just stated above. But please, please try to keep to the issues at hand--and if you're opposed: let us know--just please do it in a civilized and educational manner. I realize some of these issues can lead to VERY heated debate. I also know I don't have to tell you this but this site is dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge--flaming, backstabbing, name calling, etc...cannot be tolerated. I feel this can b a very interesting and informative forum--but if it does get out of hand in any way I will shut it down w/o hesitation. (If you have any futher questions or concerns about this forum please email me only!, thanks)

Pelablinka: Using the title Pelablinka is ironic and hopeful at the same time. Pelablinka is one of the planet Icefall's two moons in the Neverness series. Ironic in the fact that millions of "moons" created by the "galactic entities" or "computer/gods", in the series, are artificial and serve as gigantic data-processing auxilleries while Pelablinka is natural. to me, Pelablinka stands for hope as not only did it avoid Hanuman li Tosh's possible corruption, but it is one of the Alaloi's main spirit guides. And even tho..this forum is about Science & Technology (which is coming at us all the time, whether we like it or not) I prefer to go natural, anyday...:duh The power of ahimsa is not just the readiness to die. It is the willingness to live. To live utterly without fear - this is a fearsome thing. <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 8/4/06 5:58 pm
</i>

Post subject: Improving Pelablinka?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 5:30 pm 
Master Pilot

How do y'all like the new look?? Suggestions? The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Improving Pelablinka?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 4:02 am 
Master Pilot

love it .. love it all!!

health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 3:19 am 
Master Pilot

Ok I'm starting 2 get impatient! I've only waited 3 months 4 this. In the effort--and it has been massive--2 get y'all interested in Neverness I've purposely made a mistake that involves something in this forum. If u r the 1st 2 discover the mistake (ok I admit it! I watched Blue's Clues 2day ) I will personally come 2 ur houz and u!
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.
Lyall Watson
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:55 am 
Master Pilot

The beautiful Silver Tightrope with great Hubble captures *****
Before, you are wise; after, you are wise. In between you are otherwise.
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i></i>