Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Zip drive and XP
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 11:52 pm 
Pilot

I reformatted the computer last night and now my zip drive doesn't work. Of course there are things on there I need! My whole "My Documents" are in there ! I'm actually talking online with a tech agent right now at Iomega. But he of course only gives me that stupid script they give everyone. I'm waiting for his next bright idea to come.....
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Zip drive and XP
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 1:22 am 
Master Pilot

I'm dying here... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The power of ahimsa is not just the readiness to die. It is the willingness to live. To live utterly without fear - this is a fearsome thing. <i></i>

Post subject: zip drive
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 6:46 pm 
Pilot

i want my zip drive to work <i></i>

Post subject: Re: zip drive
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:50 pm 
Master Pilot

what's wrong w/it? Perhaps some1 here could help u... And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

Post subject: Re: zip drive
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:50 pm 
Master Pilot

I would guess that if you reformatted the HD and now it doesn't work, it means that you probably need the driver for the zip drive, either from the disc that came with it or online. Then check the configurations to make sure it's set for the right port. ________________
I wanna feel the metamorphosis and cleansing I've endured within my shadow. Change is coming. Now is my time. Listen to my muscle memory. Contemplate what I've been clinging to. -Tool, "Forty-Six & Two"<i></i>