Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:36 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: thanks alot!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 11:35 pm 
Lady Scryer

I downloaded it and I can't get it to work!
Mhoram even tried to help me, and even with his help I couldn't get it to work!
He thinks it's because AOL is doing nonsharing type things, he said something to the effect that AOL will not let me sign out of it and sign on to trillion without getting off of my interent connection, and of course, if I sign off of AOL then I don't HAVE an internet connection. So for now, you guys are stuck reaching me at AOL/AIM. My address is on my profile. Good Lord, I am an idiot when it comes to computers!

enough sometimes to drive myself Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it, so long as it was there.~Terry Pratchett<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Trillion
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 7:12 pm 
Lady Scryer

Well, I messed with the Trillion some more this morning. The AIM/AOL part STILL won't work, no matter what I do. :comp But it seems to be working just fine with the Yahoo and MSN messengers. It's kind of funny, because those two little ball things that are down on my bar on the bottom of the screen? One is all lit up and one is dark as night. Trillion says it's "partially" signed on. Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 7/25/03 1:50 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 1:24 am 
Master Pilot

I used to have AOL and Trillian worked fine with it. You might need to dl a patch for it (they should link it off their main page) as AOL can be pretty proprietary and like to change their code every few months or so in order to screw people using other messaging platforms.

once the patch is done dl'ing, just open it and it should take care of the rest.
______________________ I wanna feel the metamorphosis and cleansing I've endured within my shadow. Change is coming. Now is my time. Listen to my muscle memory. Contemplate what I've been clinging to. -Tool, "Forty-Six & Two"<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Trillion
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 4:49 pm 
Lady Scryer

Actually, Syl, the last two times I signed onto the internet i got a message that Trillion has an AIM patch and asks me if I want to downloadit. I say yes and then...nothing happens. It tries to download, but eventually my computer tells me that it cannot. I'm thinking that either AOL is somehow blocking that patch, or that I should just consider myself lucky that Trillion halfway works and leave it at that. Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 6:31 pm 
Pilot

Goto www.ceruleanstudios.com and download the AIM patch on the site for .74.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
<i></i>

Post subject: bye bye Trillian!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 10:10 pm 
Master Pilot

I uninstalled my Trillian to make room for other programs on my computer, and I found it expendable. Plus, I only use MSN anymore, and I still have that. Further up, and further in! <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 11:10 pm 
Master Pilot

I still love my Trillian and got Turiya hooked on it 2day! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

Post subject: Re: bye bye Trillian!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:42 am 
Lady Scryer

I haven't signed on in ages, as AOL will not allow the AIM part to work. So I am still cruising along with AOL/AIM, Yahoo, and MSN. I DO very much like the sound affects Trillian has, though. None of the others can even begin to match them. Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
****Tavern Wench of DOGMA, the Defenders of George Martin's Art****<i></i>