Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: me 2, me 2!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 12:34 am 
Master Pilot

Hang in there pitch! Welcome 2 the Hangar Pilot! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 1/14/03 6:54:50 am
</i>

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 7:17 am 
Lady Scryer

This is supposed to be the week, Lord Danlo! Amazon says they're shipping me the middle two books this week! I have about twenty pages left in the Dragonbone Chair and when I'm done, I'm going to start Neverness! (Don't worry Earthblood! When I'm done with Zindell, I'll be back to Williams and Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn!) Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it, so long as it was there.~Terry Pratchett<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 6:11 am 
Lady Scryer

Well, I started reading Neverness tonight on my breaks at work. I am so glad I read the good Lady's posts, because the first couple of chapters are rather testosterone driven! It's a bit hard to read because of all of the unfamiliar terminology --but at least here at home, I can look up things in the glossary! It's a well written book, but it's not quite grabbed me yet...but I'm sure it will from what you're all saying! I can't wait to get to this quest you are all referring to!

Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it, so long as it was there.~Terry Pratchett<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 6:25 am 
Master Pilot

It tis a world, a galaxy, a universe, a desolate cold/eerie future we cannot even begin 2 imagine... And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 1/15/03 10:27:00 am
</i>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 6:56 am 
Lady Scryer

Well, if I disappear for a few days, you guys will know that Zindell grabbed me! Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it, so long as it was there.~Terry Pratchett<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 6:02 am 
Lady Scryer

HOLY COW!!!!

I had to stay home from work today with the flu, and he got me all right!!
Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it, so long as it was there.~Terry Pratchett<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 6:15 am 
Master Pilot

cool! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 8:14 am 
Pilot

so that's what they call it these days, the flu... *searches emoti icons for plain old :wink, can't find it..* LOL and HaH(Health & Healing).
I just read the part when Mallory meets the old man in the cave. *no gagging emoti icon either?*
i'll be back time to
-pitch <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 2:04 pm 
Master Pilot

And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 4:50 pm 
Lady Scryer

Well, yes, Pitch, last I heard, blowing out the plumbing from both ends of the digestive tract IS called the flu!
But I did get to finish Neverness, too!
And I feel better today, thank God. Actually, I DID make it to work last night, but the supervisor sent me home in less than an hour because I was in the bathroom so much.
Unfortunately, still no books 2 & 3 from Amazon , so I guess I'll go back to Earthy and Williams... Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it, so long as it was there.~Terry Pratchett<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 7:04 pm 
Lady Scryer

I'm really bummed I can't read about Danlo yet. Over at ASOIAF they have this thread about which fantasy character you most identify wih and so many guys were saying that they wish they were like Danlo. I figure he must be really really cool! Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it, so long as it was there.~Terry Pratchett<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:36 pm 
Master Pilot

Wow, hes that good? Further up, and further in! <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 12:57 am 
Master Pilot

How cool can u get!? hypersensitive and tuff as nails! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 6:37 am 
Lady Scryer

Mhoram, I don't know if you were referring to the character of Danlo, or to Zindell's writing, but in case it was Zindell, here is a quote I like:Quote:Some say Neverness is the true Eternal City, the city that will never die. For three thousand years she has stood as a testament to man's ability to endure. In her granite spires and towers, in her gleaming domes, her streets of fire, in the eyes of her pilots and the farsiders burns the cold flame of our immortality, the soul of mankind. I do not know if she will last for thirty thousand more years, as the scryers prophecy, or for thirty million years. Will the planets last that long? Will the stars? As a child of the City, I have always believed her fate is intertwined with man's fate. She is the topological nexus of this brilliant galaxy, and she is also the City of Light to which all seekers someday come. There are secrets buried here; there are wonders; there are glories. Neverness, I believe, is eternal in the way our dreams are eternal; she will endure as long as the race who made her.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 2:29 pm 
Master Pilot

Wow. That was VERY good! Touching, very touching!! Further up, and further in! <i></i>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next