Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The Lightstone Read-Along (spoilers everywhere!)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:05 pm 
Master Pilot

Wow that was fast! Just received the Lightstone in the mail from Bristol, England-I thought it was going to take 3 weeks, but it only took 5 days! What's interesting, though, is I thought I was ordering a paperback from and got a hardbound from the UK. Oh well, I was so desperate to find a copy and now I'm very psyched. So I'm putting down my huge paperback of Tigana, before I get to into it, and picking up this humongous Lightstone.

This isn't going to be a group read-unless you want to read along with me-but please feel free to enter your thoughts or memories. I'll probably put down my take on the book and let you know where I am in the story every 3 chapters or so. DON'T WORRY I'm a notoriously slow reader so it'll be easy for you to catch up (duchess ). I'll probably start a favorite quotes thread fairly soon, as well. Look for my first entry by this coming Friday. *****
Before, you are wise; after, you are wise. In between you are otherwise.
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 4/5/04 3:08 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: The Lightstone Read-Along (spoilers everywhere!)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:35 am 
Lady Scryer

I would be happy to read along if I could find a copy of the darned book!
Dies anyone know if it is available in Canada? I wouldn't mind crossing the River to find it, as long as I knew it was there...I know they have those Erickson books over there that you can't get here in the States... ******************************************************

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
<i></i>

Post subject: Re: The Lightstone Read-Along (spoilers everywhere!)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:17 pm 
Master Pilot

Just read the first ten pages and even tho Val bears a resemblence to Danlo: anti-violence and flute playing and Maram to Bardo I really have no problem with it. There's so much to soak up and get used to it's nice to have some familiarity. One of the Mountians is called Arakel and there is a location on the map called Yarkona, but that's about it, so far.
Before, you are wise; after, you are wise. In between you are otherwise.
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 4/7/04 5:47 pm
</i>