Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Take the Neverness Quiz!!! (don't look at the Glossary!)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 11:39 pm 
Master Pilot

35.10.40.62/wotmania/otherfantasyquiz.asp?ID=421Neverness Quiz And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Take the Neverness Quiz!!! (don't look at the Glossary!)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 5:37 pm 
Master Pilot

I got a 0! Further up, and further in!<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 5:39 pm 
Master Pilot

Now...read Neverness and get all the answers right! (...don't cry...) And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 7:12 pm 
Lady Scryer

Don't feel bad Mhoram -- I got a 1! Winter is Coming
Blood and Fire
Unbowed,Unbent,Unbroken<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 5:20 am 
Lady Scryer

I did MUCH better this time!! I missed the question about which character pops up in all four books -- I said Danlo, but other than thta I did fine. Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it, so long as it was there.~Terry Pratchett<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 7:09 pm 
Master Pilot

(I think I screwed up on the quiz! I don't think Bardo was actually present in The Wild! I think The Sonderval is that only character that is consistenly present in all 4 books! ) And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 8:04 pm 
Lady Scryer

Well, Danlo has been in all three that I've read -- but he was only a toddler waddler in Neverness...I have to stil lread War in Heaven, though... Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it, so long as it was there.~Terry Pratchett<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 9:03 pm 
Master Pilot

yes but he was never named in Neverness--so The Sonderval has 2 b the man! (The VERY tall man, but the man, nonetheless! ) And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 12:15 am 
Lady Scryer

Yeah, wish he could play for the Pistons!!
Isn't he over 8 feet tall?? Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it, so long as it was there.~Terry Pratchett<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 6:06 am 
Master Pilot

What planet is he from? And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 4:23 pm 
Lady Scryer

In the beginning of the Wild when he and Danlo are talking at the party it says that he was born Quote:an exemplar of Solsken
whatever that means! Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it, so long as it was there.~Terry Pratchett<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 5:28 pm 
Master Pilot

xactly--3 firestones!!! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 12:51 pm 
Master Pilot

Looks like the link might have been changed. This one should work. wotmania.com/otherfantasyquiz.asp?ID=421 .

Sadly, I need to read more before I take the quiz. ________________
I wanna feel the metamorphosis and cleansing I've endured within my shadow. Change is coming. Now is my time. Listen to my muscle memory. Contemplate what I've been clinging to. -Tool, "Forty-Six & Two"<i></i>

Post subject: 3
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:42 pm 
Pilot

The silicon god didnt have a human name, he wasnt ever a human, he was created by fostoran scientists experimenting with artificial intelligence, thats why he cant directly harm human beings because its part of his 'deep programing'. Otherwise i would have got 10 out of 10 <i></i>

Post subject: Re: 3
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:00 pm 
Master Pilot

You are quite right! I meant 2 say the Solid State Entity--please 4give me--will find a way 2 try 2 edit the quiz! (later: sorry no edit function available...)
And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 6/24/03 9:15 am
</i>