Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Who is Bardo?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 10:18 pm 
Master Pilot

Brado is, probably, THE most entertaining charater in the Neverness series. He was Mallory's best friend and roomate 4 12 years and befriends Danlo in weird and mysterious ways. Known 4 his copius love of beer, women and tolache Bardo is a massive hulk of a man with simple wants and humongous appetites. Born Pesheval Lal, a Prince of Summerworld, Bardo renounced his ascendancy 2 come 2 Neverness and become a Pilot. If any 1 can "ground" Mallory it's Bardo--but it seems as if no 1 can. Bardo still has extremely expensive tastes w/jeweled rings on 9 fingers (it used 2 b 10 but, of course, the Pilot's ring must go on the right hand's pinky) and when he returned from Yarkona, Catava and Simoom loaded down w/blue diamonds, firestones and tons of exotic alien art his house became 1 of the best galleries in Neverness--Hence the title of the Forum: Bardo's Collections on this website! Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 4/30/02 2:19:46 pm
</i>

Post subject: mmm
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 6:31 pm 
Master Pilot

I like Bardo and who wouldnt after a description like that ..

now Danlo .. what happened to your homepage 'Danlo's Universe'?? I tried to go there and see if you posted any new pics and its a bunch of links to folders and strange search engines ..

wassup with that?? <i></i>

Post subject: Re: mmm
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 9:26 pm 
Master Pilot

Don't b sad Lord Pilot! It's temp shut down--I'll get it back up and running soon--it just took up a whole bunch of memory space 4 me on the Internet and slowed me down 2 a crawl--especially w/The Hangar running @ all--I will confer w/the Black Forrest my comp genius friend 2 c how we can speed it up! Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 6/11/02 10:38:30 am
</i>

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 5:48 am 
Master Pilot

I am relieved noble and good Time Keeper .. then I will persevere .. and check in from time to time .. so did you post any new stuff??

health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 6:26 am 
Master Pilot

It's back up--not much new xcept 4 foto of my houz and banner images...but something new might pop up! Will try 2 get pic of the beautiful Tamara up there...soon How far do you fall Pilot?<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 8:23 pm 
Lady Scryer

Bardo is a very interesting person. A man of (ahem) huge sensual appetites , he is also a true friend to Mallory, and I bet a romantic heart beats in that massive chest... Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it, so long as it was there.~Terry Pratchett<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 11:54 pm 
Master Pilot

and the moral of that story is, Piss-all, never piss off a cutter on the ice or something "huge" may never come down again! (inside joke, read the book y'all!) "Too bad! Ohhh! too bad!" And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>