Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:05 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: about the covers on the bottom of the page
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 4:55 am 
Master Pilot

U really can't c how gorgeous the cover of Neverness is by looking @ the little image below--but the second I saw it, just the cover mind u, I was hooked on Zindell. The Lightship on Neverness is Mallory's Immanent Carnation, The (very akward representation of, btw) Lightship on The Broken God is <i> supposed</i> 2 b Bardo's Sword of Shiva and the lightship on The Wild is Danlo's Snowy Owl--my least fav cover is the Broken God--especially as that is <i> supposed</i> 2 b Danlo--I've never had short hair in my life! The cover of War in Heaven--is, however, xactly what I look like!!! Mathematics is a game. It's pieces are the axioms we create, and it's rules our logic. That mathematics is occasionally useful to mechanics and pilots is accidental -Mahavira Lal, third Lord Cantor<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 7/11/02 5:59:38 am
</i>

Post subject: Re: about the covers on the bottom of the page
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:41 pm 
Lady Scryer

Well, I can't wait to see them!! Winter is Coming
Blood and Fire
Unbowed,Unbent,Unbroken<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 10:27 pm 
Lady Scryer

Well, Danlo, the last two books just arrived at my house and they have different covers!! Neverness and War in Heaven, which came a long time ago, are identicle! But Broken God and The Wild are completely different! Now I know, too, why they took so long to get here! These two were imported from England! The Broken God has a picture of a person sitting in an archway with a backdrop of snow covered mountains and tower tops, playing a flute. Surrounding the archway is the blackness of star speckled space. The Wild is black background with a purple octogon frame, with a picture of a man standing next to a small gnarled tree (think bristle coned pine) and an ancient looking tower, on top of a hill overlooking a plain filled with river channels...its a night scene with an arm of the galaxy and a bunch of stars in the sky above him. If I ever figure out how to use my scanner, I will email them to you...
Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it, so long as it was there.~Terry Pratchett<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 11:48 pm 
Master Pilot

actually the Harper Collins version of Neverness, that Prince of Amber sent me from the UK is dark blue w/just a snowflake on it. If u click the opening banner and go 2 Seekers and then 2 Beyond Neverness u'll c 4 covers all by the same artist that did the flute player on The Broken God. That Neverness cover is just a mountian which I believe is Kweitkel. I love the animas of the Alalio very Native American. And the thallow is so cool!

Incidently the story of the old man in the cave is what got Zindell discovered in the 1st place. The short story Shanidar won a bunch of awards and Zindell developed the entire Neverness "concept" around that story. One of the folks who discovered Zindell, Foamy and MsMary r u listening?, is Orson Scott Card!!! C it all comes around.... And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>