[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - ear worms

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: ear worms
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:35 pm 
Lady Scryer

For me today it is Rage Against the Machine's Bulls on Parade. :oops:

Rally Round Your Family with a Pocket Full of Shells :johnny:

Image Image Image

Post subject: Re: ear worms
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:36 am 
Lady Scryer

Someone at work a couple of weeks infected me with a commercial jingle for Good N Plenty candy. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I am so freaking sick of that particular ear worm! :evil: :td: :razz:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:08 pm 
Master Pilot

Okay! Who remembers the mid-1960s version of the Good N Plenty jingle?

Once upon a time there was an engineer
Choo-Choo Charlie was his name, we hear
He had an engine and he sure had fun
He used Good N Plenty candy to make his train run.

Charlie says --
"Love my Good N Plenty!"
Charlie says --
"Really rings the bell!" (ding)
Charlie says --
"Love my Good N Plenty
Don't know any other candy that I love so well."

(Ah, my misspent youth! :lol: )

My books:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:39 am 
Lady Scryer

NO!!!! NO!!!!!! NO!!!!!! THAT'S THE SAME FREAKING ONE!!!!!!! NO!!!!! NO!!!! :faint:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:20 pm 
Master Pilot

Don't think I've ever heard it. Nah, you don't have to link to it, I'll stay blissfully ignorant, thanks. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:12 pm 
Master Pilot

Accompanied by cheesy mid-'60s animation, yet. "Plenty good, Charlie!" :lol: Sorry, Duchess, please don't hurt me!

Seriously, is it up on YouTube? I may have to go and check. And I wonder if somebody's dredged up the old Mr. Bubble ad that haunts my memories. It was hysterical. Okay, it was hysterical when I was five....

My books:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:10 pm 
Master Pilot

well, just so you know the original version (played many times by the Dead):
Written by Jesse Fuller http://monkeyandtheengineer.com/lyricist-bio_269.html

Once upon a time there was an engineer.
Drove a locomotive both far and near.
Accompanied by a monkey that would sit on a stool
Watching everything the engineer would do
One day the engineer wanted a bite to eat,
He left the monkey sitting on the driver's seat,
The monkey pulled the throttle, the locomotive jumped the gun
And did 80 miles an hour down the mainline run.

Big locomotive right on time, big locomotive coming down the line.
Big locomotive No. 99, left the engineer with a worried mind.

The engineer called up the dispatcher on the phone,
To tell him all about his locomotive was gone.
Dispatcher got on the wire, switch operator to the right,
Cause the monkey's got the main line sewed up tight.
The switch operator got the message on time,
Said there's a Northbound livin' on the same main line,
Open up the switch I'm gonna let him through the hole,
Cause the monkey's got the locomotive under control.

Big locomotive right on time, big locomotive coming down the line.
Big locomotive No. 99, left the engineer with a worried mind.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:01 am 
Master Pilot

Dunno if that's the predecessor or not, Earthy. Doesn't sound like the same tune to me.

My books: