Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:37 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: What You Are Listening To Now
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 1:56 am 
Master Pilot

not listening 2 much--being very quiet. Heard a Slipknot song in the car--pretty dang cool! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

Post subject: Re: One Slip
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:13 am 
Lady Scryer

I think we're corrupting Lord Mhoram -- he bought a CD and he's been watching hockey!!

Tonight my husband and I were taking turns cruising the internet and listening to some Vivaldi and Bach. It was nice. We work different shifts and have different days off, so it was nice that he waited up tonight to see me! Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 5:03 pm 
Lady Scryer

I'm sitting here watching the kittles watch the birds though the window (they lash their tails and make the funniest sounds!) and listening to Shakira's Laundry Service. Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
****Tavern Wench of DOGMA, the Defenders of George Martin's Art****<i>Edited by: Duchess of Malfi  at: 7/26/03 12:52 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 9:34 pm 
Master Pilot

Jamacia an I just came down from 4 and 1/2 hours in the Mts, hiking along the river, wading in the river, meditating along the river, reading 4 chapters of ASOS by the river..and going 2 Los Ojos, of course. Along the way we listened 2: Ottmar Liebert's Dreaming CD off Opium (truly the musica de Nuevo Mexico), Festival by Lee Ritenour and the Rhumba Collection by Ottmar--by the time we got back 2 town we were doing this: And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 5/3/03 2:39:11 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 11:22 pm 
Lady Scryer

Oh, that sounds like a perfect day!! Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
****Tavern Wench of DOGMA, the Defenders of George Martin's Art****<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 2:28 pm 
Master Pilot

My friend Irishize was telling me last night how great the Matchbox 20 concert was Friday night at the UC. (she's a big concert nut) I'm thinking of running to Borders today and get a cd of theirs. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 10:41 pm 
Master Pilot

They play @ The Journal Pavillion amphitheater in ABQ in early June. And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 5:36 pm 
Lady Scryer

One of my friends saw them in concert a while back and said they were really great!
On my CD player this week:
Matrix Reloaded soundtrack
Ottmar Liebert! (had to go to Borders and check him out after Danlo's high praise!) -- Luna Negra
Atomic Kitten
Zingaia -- Beneath the Veil
Cusco -- Inner Journeys, Myth + Legends
30 years of Disco Hits -- took that one into work last night and we danced to YMCA
Beethoven Adagios Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 12:11 pm 
Master Pilot

Niel Young Decade.

"Open up your tired eyes...." Cripple but free; I was blind all the time I was learning to see<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 5:03 pm 
Lady Scryer

Today I'm listening to some jazz piano compilation CD's. Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 5:59 pm 
Master Pilot

I may have busted my big toe--so am procrastinating going 2 ER by reading sports, puttering on and listening 2 Cycles by the Doobie Bros: South of the Border and The Doctor..."so listen to the Dr., makes you feel like you want to, you better listen to the Dr., yeah if you want to..., music is the the Dr. of my soul..." And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 1:57 am 
Pilot

Way too much Electronic... I appear to be stuck in XRMRadio. send... help... please <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 4:24 am 
Master Pilot

Here's help! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 6:09 am 
Pilot

*suspicious* that doesn't look much like help... but what the heck, might as well have a party while I wait to be rescued.

*listening to: Who Da Funk's "Shiny Disco Balls"... the pain, the pain!* <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 6:42 am 
Master Pilot

And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next