Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:46 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: What You Are Listening To Now
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 1:07 am 
Master Pilot

Listen Y'all! I don't mean 2 sound dpressed w/my baby o/o town so long...but it is wintertime (@least in the US) and we can get in2 deep thought... here's more Neil, this is The Losing End (When You're On) from Everybody Knows this is Nowhere 1969, his 2nd solo album: beautiful, very sad song,

I went into town to see you
yesterday
but you were not at home.
So I talked to some old friends
for a while
before I wandered off alone.

It's so hard for me now
But I'll make it somehow,
Though I know I'll never be the same.
Won't you ever change your ways,
It's so hard to make love pay
When you're on the losing end,
And I feel that way again.

Well, I miss you more than ever,
since you've gone
I can hardly maintain.
Things are different round here
every night,
my tears fall down like rain.

It's so hard for me now
But I'll make it somehow,
Though I know I'll never be the same.
Won't you ever change your ways,
It's so hard to make love pay
When you're on the losing end,
And I feel that way again. And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 12/29/02 6:25:18 pm
</i>

Post subject: Vollenwieder
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 2:55 am 
Master Pilot

I am listening 2 1 of my fav albums Cosmopoly by Andress Vollenwieder and it's blowing my mind! Any1 else kno of this great electric harpist and composer. Carly Simon guest stars on 1 song, and it's incredible--a fantasy story! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 6:16 am 
Lady Scryer

For some reason this week, I am having a very strong ZZ Topp craving.
Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it, so long as it was there.~Terry Pratchett<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Vollenwieder
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 6:28 am 
Master Pilot

O thanks alot! Now I can't get La Grange out of my head!
...and the air is fine, most of the time, but now, I might be mis-taken...a har har har har har... And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 7:08 pm 
Lady Scryer

the song that keeps running around in my head is the one about won't you slip into my sleeping bag? Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it, so long as it was there.~Terry Pratchett<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 1:10 am 
Master Pilot

hey, we're both married! Oh I c what u're saying! Do u have Fandango Live? That CD kicks!
Jesus just left Chicago, and he's bound for New Orleans... And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 1/31/03 6:59:33 am
</i>

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 3:59 am 
Lady Scryer

Some recent acquisitions:
TT soundtrack
Now 11
Smashing Pumpkins greatest hits
The Walkmen - Everyine who Pretended to Like Me is Gone
The Strokes
Verve Remixed -- jazz compilation album Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it, so long as it was there.~Terry Pratchett<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 2:21 am 
Master Pilot

I picked up Paul McCartny 2002 (something like that) Like cd of 2002 American tour 'Blackbird' has got to be one of my all time favorite tunes - Beatles or not. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 6:01 am 
Master Pilot

I heard a weird song on the radio 2day that went: I'm living with this leprosy, do you wanna hold my hand? The TC implications were mindblowing (I wonder if it was Holocaust?)--I have 2 find out who does that song!!! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 6:28 pm 
Lady Scryer

Please do, and let us know! Sounds like perfect TC music!

My latest listens:
Saliva --Back into Your System
Foo Fighters -- One by One Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it, so long as it was there.~Terry Pratchett<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 2:56 pm 
Master Pilot

Well it is a cool song, but I was working real hard and only heard the last 3 stanzas and on my tiny little sports radio i couldn't totally make out the words. Sylvanus @ KW IDed the song:

Quote:That, my dear Danlo, is Anger Rising by Jerry Cantrell (who I've seen in concert... woo hoo) from the album Degredation Trip. didn't know the song was on the radio, tho. complete lyrics.

Quote:
Alabama trailer park they call home
Boy standing at attention in the corner his own
Terrified, scorpion crawling the wall
By the way father could you please beat me some more?

Anger rising up inside him yet again
Tell me you got a plan
Deaf and blind I'm living with the lepers and
You want to hold my hand

Cold Alaska, hiding, bundled up tight
Stretch aluminum foil 'cross the window at night
Mother crying, calling out up the stairs
By the way father do you even care that I'm scared?

Tell me you got a plan
You want to hold my hand

Devil rising up inside him yet again
Tell me you got a plan
You want to hold my hand

Generation three, solitary, alone
By the way father created hell on my own

Tell me you got a plan
You want to hold my hand

He said it was done with the "Alice in Chains" band, minus, of course, the late, great Lane Staley... And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 8/25/06 12:55 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 1:07 am 
Lady Scryer

This week I've been listening a lot to the Foo Fighters and Green Day's greatest hits. Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it, so long as it was there.~Terry Pratchett<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:20 pm 
Master Pilot

Have u heard their new 1 they r blaring all over the radio? Is it called: At Times Like This? It's very refreshing 2 hear a positive song among all these "I'm a loser, she hates me, suicidal, Number of the Beasty" songs they play on commercial Rock and Headbanger Alt stations! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 5:12 pm 
Lady Scryer

Last night at work one of my buds brought in the soundtrack to daredevil the movie, and it was an enjoyable listen! Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell<i>Edited by: Duchess of Malfi  at: 3/27/03 8:57:29 am
</i>

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 3:28 am 
Master Pilot

I'm listening to
1)Love and Affection, by Clannad
2)Keys to Imagination, by Yanni
3)Tango to Evora, by Loreena McKennitt <i></i>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next