[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - What You Are Listening To Now?

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: What You Are Listening To Now?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:02 pm 
Lady Scryer

Later today I plan on curling up in bed and listening to the new U2 CD. :hearts:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:09 am 
Master Pilot

Still haven't bought the new U2...

Earlier listened to the remastered edition of Hall and Oates's Big Bam Boom. It's a CD I can't help but crank up to listen to - the production has that huge, ambient 80's sound that I love to wallow in. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:32 am 
The Timekeeper

...smooth...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:33 pm 
Master Pilot

Looking for something to listen to in my van this m orning and I came across the Hysteria deleuxe version I bought a few years ago - by whom you should ask -Def Leppard of course. Always liked their stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:19 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:38 pm 
Master Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:36 am 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:44 am 
Master Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:21 am 
Master Pilot

In the middle of Keith Jarrett's 1989 harpsichord recording of J.S. Bach's Goldberg Variations. Fabulous! I didn't know the harpsichord could sound so good.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:11 pm 
The Timekeeper

I've heard some of Jarrett's harpsicord work, he's such an amazing artist!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:57 am 
Master Pilot

Just finished listening to Mahler's 3rd Symphony, with Riccardo Chailly conducting the Royal Concertgebouw. I caught it on the digital music channel on my TV. I hold Mahler's 3rd close to my heart, so I always pay attention to any performance of it. Chailly's doesn't scale the heights of my favorite version - Bernstein's transcendent live recording with the New York Philharmonic in the late 80's. It's the difference between a merely decent interpretation of Mahler's music and a truly visionary one. But Chailly does handle the last three movements fairly well, bringing this great symphony to a heartfelt conclusion.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:01 pm 
Master Pilot

Purchased and listening to Chris Cornell album "Scream" which aint bad but at the same time not fantastic but he has a great voice and some of the tracks are cool.
Sorry Moonwatcher I didn,t comment on your classical music , but I,ve never really got into that genre of music to date , maybe in time I will , I suppose I don,t know what I,m missing . :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:49 pm 
Master Pilot

No worries, Cleburne. I agree about Cornell's voice: one of the most distinctive in rock. However, I'm afraid I haven't followed his post-Soundgarden career, except for his brief stint with Audioslave. How many solo albums has Cornell done so far? I know his first one was Euphoria Morning. What did you think of that one?

Currently have my digital music channel set to Rave. On this dreary day, I want music with an intense beat and hyper energy. (Or I could've gone for some melancholy music, too, but whatever.)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:29 pm 
Master Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:33 am 
Master Pilot

Nope, I haven't heard Euphoria Morning. While I liked Cornell as a singer, I didn't have enough interest in him as a solo act to buy his debut release. (I recall it got mixed reviews in music mags.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next