[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - What's Your Favorite Pink Floyd Album

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: What's Your Favorite Pink Floyd Album
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:34 am 
Lady Scryer

Pink Floyd is one of the greatest rock bands of all time, IMHO.

Which is your favorite Pink Floyd album? (sorry I could not include such favorites as Piper at the Gates of Dawn and Atom Heart Mother, but I was only allowed five choices in the poll).

Mine would be The Wall, which came out when I was in high school (more than 20 years ago) but has many songs that are still staples on the radio.

The WallDark Side of the MoonAnimalsWish You Were Here OtherShow results ******************************************************

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
<i></i>

Post subject: Re: What's Your Favorite Pink Floyd Album
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:12 pm 
Master Pilot

Animals is my all time fav, The Wall 2nd and Meddle 3rd. Sorry but Atom Heart Mother is prob my least fav. (what I sound like I got whacked on the head? actually I did! )

Animals
The Wall
Meddle
The Final Cut
Wish You Were Here
The Division Bell
Dark Side of the Moon
A Momentary Lapse of Reason
Ummagumma

Fav song titles:
10,000 Spieces of Furry Animals Groving in a Cave with a Pict
Careful With That Axe Eugene
Astronomie/Domainie
Two Suns in the Sunset
Anyone for Tennis?
Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun

Fav songs:
Run Like Hell (live)
Dogs
Sheep
A Momentary Lapse of Reason
Comfortably Numb (live)
Expecting to Fly
Breathe
Wish You Were Here
High Hopes
The Final Cut
St. Tropei

Before, you are wise; after, you are wise. In between you are otherwise.
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 12/11/06 12:28 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:18 am 
Master Pilot

The Wall, closely followed by Animals.

But Wish You Were Here and Dark Side are great too.

Oh, and so is The Final Cut.

Anyone else have The Wall: Live? Great album. "If we lived in a State where virtue was profitable, common sense would make us good, and greed would make us saintly. And we'd live like animals or angels in the happy land that needs no heroes. But since in fact we see that avarice, anger, envy, pride, sloth, lust, and stupidity commonly profit far beyond humility, chastity, fortitude, justice and thought, and have to choose, to be human at all...why then perhaps we must stand fast a little - even at the risk of being heroes." - Sir Thomas More, "A Man For All Seasons," by Robert Bolt<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:33 am 
Lady Scryer

My graduating class in high school voted a rather well known Pink Floyd song as our class song.

Quote:
We don’t need no education.
We don’t need no thought control.
No dark sarcasm in the classroom.
Teacher, leave those kids alone.
Hey, teacher, leave those kids alone!
All in all it’s just another brick in the wall.
All in all you’re just another brick in the wall.

We don’t need no education.
We don’t need no thought control.
No dark sarcasm in the classroom.
Teachers, leave those kids alone.
Hey, teacher, leave those kids alone!

The school made us change it!!! We eventually ended up with Lynnard Skynnard's Free Bird instead. ******************************************************

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:34 pm 
Master Pilot

I was art editor of my HS yearbook in '74 and since the yearbook was known as The Spectrum--I bet you can guess what the cover was... *****
Before, you are wise; after, you are wise. In between you are otherwise.
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i></i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:05 pm 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
:::catching up on some old threads, sorry:::

For me, Meddle is my favorite Floyd album, and Echoes is my favorite piece. My meditative/calming routine is listening to Jon Anderson's Olias of Sunhillow, Echoes, and side two of Yes' Going for the One (Wondrous Stories/Awaken). After that, I generally feel I can deal with anything...

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:41 pm 
The Timekeeper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:27 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:30 pm 
Master Pilot

I guess The Final Cut and Wish You Were Here are tied for my favorite album.

Highdrake's mastery of spells and sorcery was not much greater than his pupil's, but he had clear in his mind the idea of something very much greater, the wholeness of knowledge. And that made him a mage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:42 pm 
Master Pilot

Wish You Were Here, The Wall, and Animals, in that order.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:09 am 
Master Pilot

Caveat: I'm not a hardcore Floyd fan, and I have not heard every one of the albums...but I'd still say The Division Bell is my favorite. I don't have a concrete reason why; maybe because when it came out in 1994, I felt in tune with the band's music - more so than at any other time before or since. The Division Bell was the Pink Floyd album that "spoke" to me the most.

It's basically a tie between The Wall and The Piper at the Gates of Dawn as runner-up favorites.

Piper is certainly the easier one to listen to, and a lot of FUN! Its unabashed psychedelic weirdness is part of its charm. Mind you, I listen to it as one who has never ingested any...recreational substances, so I'm possibly missing half the fun. But I like to think I can still appreciate the music's cosmic groove even without any chemical assistance.

The Wall is such a complete contrast: it's quite a powerful, sobering piece of work. It contains possibly the greatest anthem and rallying cry for all put-upon schoolchildren everywhere: The Wall - Part 2. I remember the song's video actually giving me a nightmare. The Wall leaves me in awe, but it's not what I'd call "everyday listening" kind of music.

I admire The Dark Side of the Moon as well, but mostly from a technical standpoint. Emotionally, it doesn't engage me as the other albums have. To go back to vinyl LP speak, I love Side One of DSotM. It is one of the finest album sides I've ever heard, not to mention that it features perhaps my most favorite Floyd song - "Time." Side Two is where the music loses me. Still, I can't help but be impressed by the total package. (Including the iconic album cover, of course.)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:05 pm 
Master Pilot

Animals fav album

Pigs 3 different ones fav tune

so there :razz:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:59 am 
Master Pilot

That's too damn hard!!

My favourite album is:

Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall, The Final Cut, Wish you were here.

My second fav is:

Animals, The Division Bell, Piper at the Gates of Dawn, Saucerfull of Secrets, Meddle

My third is:

Momentary Lapse of Reason, Obscured by Clouds.

Fouth Favourite:

Atom Heart Mother, Ummagumma.

The rest are crap :lol: