Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: What's Your Favorite Soundtrack?
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 2:08 am 
Master Pilot

We all have our favorite movies. What is your favorite soundtrack from the movies, and is it the same as your favorite movie (not necessarily so)?
My favorite movie and soundtrack is still Ladyhawke (music is basically by The Alan Parsons Project). Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

Post subject: Re: What's Your Favorite Soundtrack?
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 4:53 am 
Master Pilot

Well, 4 now, I'll do instrumental soundtracks-Neil Young doing the guitar 4 Dead Man (Johnny Depp) very cool movie, btw, and 2 by Eric Clapton: Rush and Homeboy (Mickey Rourke) Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 1/5/03 1:28:25 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 1:37 pm 
Master Pilot

Neil Young has one of the most recognizable guitar styles around. Super musician and writer. Eric Clapton needs no compliments from me--just outstanding. Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 2:04 pm 
Master Pilot

For more instrumentals, Titanic aside, I really like James Horner's stuff like Braveheart and Legends of the Fall--probably like Legends a little better as Braveheart tends 2 get very intense @ certain places--especially in the scene where Wallace comes crashing through the door on a huge black horse w/that big iron ball! Right now I am listening 2 Heat by Eric Serra which is from The Fifth Element--it's on a compilation album I HEARTILY recommend called: Instrumental Moods from Virgin--It's 1 of the only CDs I've ever ordered from TV I also got Celtic Moods thrown in for free, that's a fantastic record (er, CD), as well. Intrumental Moods also has Neal Schon (Journey, Santana) doing the theme from Midnight Express and Ennio Morricone doing Gabriel's Oboe from The Mission (De Niro). My fav song is Cliffs of Dover by Eric Johnson--also contains offerings from Ottmar Liebert (the classic, Barcelona Nights), Craig Chaquico (acoustic stuff from the lead guitarist of Jefferson Starship), Santana doing the great Samba Pa Ti, Enigma, Cusco, Sacred Spirits and 3rd Force (who do very cool electric jazz, btw King!). Another GREAT soundtrack I also recommend is The Hi-Lo Country, my favorite western--filmed in NM, btw, (Cudrup, Harrelson, Cruz, Eliot & Arquette) by Carter Burwell--the theme is repeated throughout, in differing versions, and will stay w/u 4ever--I LOVE that theme! Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 1/1/03 1:58:45 am
</i>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 2:41 am 
Pilot

Brahm Stokers Dracula. This is one of my favorite CD's let alone favorite soundtrack. I highly recommend it, it's superb
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 5:13 pm 
Master Pilot

3 CDs--City of Angels, A Walk on the Moon and Sweet November, and u're set!!! The power of ahimsa is not just the readiness to die. It is the willingness to live. To live utterly without fear - this is a fearsome thing. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:18 am 
Pilot

For me the music to Excaliber takes alot of beating - I know its been overused (Carl Orf - The Old Spice advert on T.V) but it just fits the (flawed / brilliant) film so well. I also loved the Tangerine Dream soundtract to the Fantasy/horror film The Keep (based on the book by F.Paul Wilson) Since I'm a big fan of the 80's I loved the sound track to Pretty In Pink - I think John Hughes was brilliant at picking the right obscure 'pop' song to go with a particular scene. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 2:26 pm 
Master Pilot

Tangerine Dream is great! I loved Excaliber--coolest suits of armor I've ever seen!! John Cusack films usually have great soundtracks--Grosse Point Blank, Serendipity and Hi-Fidelity (Jack Black was hilarious!!), in particular, had a killer soundtrack!!! The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 8:22 am 
Lady Scryer

Hmm. Prolly between Yellow Submarine, The Wall by Pink Floyd, and Prince's Purple Rain. Winter is Coming
Blood and Fire
Unbowed,Unbent,Unbroken<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 9:10 am 
Master Pilot

Like Sky and I did on the Old KW discussions, we seriously need 2 start a Pink Floyd thread here. The Wall, however, like Tommy & Yellow Submarine, perhaps (2 many commas), could b veiwed as a film set around a soundtrack, but a great film nonetheless...an incredibly mindbending vision both in sound and film by Ser Waters. Bob Geldorf never gets enuf recognition 4 his protrayal of "Pink". Brownie pts, galore, if u can name his band and their most famous hit! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 6:31 am 
Lady Scryer

Was Geldorf in the Boomtown Rats? Or am I thinking of some other guy? Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it, so long as it was there.~Terry Pratchett<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 2:12 pm 
Master Pilot

50pts 4 the Duchess!! 50 more if u can name that song! (Dark humor hint It is a song that should never b played on the Columbine H.S. radio station... And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 7:40 pm 
Lady Scryer

would that be a song with a name something like "I hate Mondays" or "I don't like Mondays" or something along those lines? Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it, so long as it was there.~Terry Pratchett<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 8:30 pm 
Master Pilot

"I Don't Like Mondays" prophetic and scary song! many brownies 4 the Duchess! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 1/5/03 1:31:54 pm
</i>

Post subject: no, no brownie points
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 10:41 pm 
Lady Scryer

I just like music...that's all! <i></i>