Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Why The Strokes bother me.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 6:05 am 
Pilot

If you want a true breath of fresh air, then I'll take The Fugue or hell, even The D4. They were on Jimmy Kimmel and they weren't that bad to be honest. I sort of assumed they were going to be horrible but they were more than decent and the album is pretty swank stuff. I heard they're going to be on David Letterman too! What is in everyone's stereo right now?

My three-disc changer:

The D4 - 6Twenty

White Light Motorcade - Thank You, Goodnight! (I found a promo copy of this gem at my record store. I can't wait for the real thing to come out so I can get the artwork!)

The Fugue - Three Songs EP (This is really rare and really fantastic American music. They're the best thing I've heard come out of the U.S. since Sleater-Kinney. It’s a pretty decent listen if you like D.C. post punk circa 1993. I think they have an mp3 on their site www.the-fugue.com) <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 11/16/03 3:31 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: Why The Strokes bother me.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:12 pm 
Lady Scryer

Guess no one has looked in this thread in a long time -- it has Merr emoticons in it! LOL!!!!!
I like the Strokes, have both of their albums, in fact. ******************************************************

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell

Perhaps I'll come for you myself some night. You ought to see me...my fur is white now, pale as snow,but the stature, the majesty, the power, those have not left me...We are the direwolves, the nightmares who haunt your racial memories, the dark shapes circling endlessly beyond the light of your fires.~George R.R. Martin<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 9:44 pm 
Master Pilot

I have Room on Fire now. Awesome, I'd say. Further up, and further in!

I'm from Boston. I dont pronounce my R's. I call a garbage can a barrel, a liquor store a packie, a water fountain a bubbla, a milkshake a frappe. I root for a team who has not won a World Series since 1918. To me Cape Cod is a little piece of Heaven down here on Earth. The best place to be on a summer night is Fenway. I ride on the T. I know better than to swim in the Charles River. I yell YANKEES SUCK! when the Red Sox are playing the Tigers. I am a Bostonian and I'm wicked proud of it.<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:12 pm 
Master Pilot

Never heard of them - shame on me..... Cripple but free; I was blind all the time I was learning to see<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:14 pm 
Lady Scryer

I think they only came out in the last year or so, Earthy.

And thanks, Danlo, for getting rid of the Merr emoticons. ******************************************************

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 6:03 pm 
Master Pilot

Their hyped up debut album, appropriately named Is This It, came out in 2001 after they went on a tour in the UK (and US also I believe). Further up, and further in!

I'm from Boston. I dont pronounce my R's. I call a garbage can a barrel, a liquor store a packie, a water fountain a bubbla, a milkshake a frappe. I root for a team who has not won a World Series since 1918. To me Cape Cod is a little piece of Heaven down here on Earth. The best place to be on a summer night is Fenway. I ride on the T. I know better than to swim in the Charles River. I yell YANKEES SUCK! when the Red Sox are playing the Tigers. I am a Bostonian and I'm wicked proud of it.<i></i>

Post subject: 24142
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:35 am 
Pilot

Seen the strokes the other week at the auckland big day out, julian casablanca was drunk, it was hilarious, it was a brilliant day, brilliant new zealand line up: d4, datsuns, goodshirt plus international ones i was looking forward to: MUSE! the darkness, kings of leon, FLAMING LIPS! amongst others, the best part of the day was not going to metallica <i></i>