Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:25 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: What kind of music DON'T u like???
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 8:57 pm 
Master Pilot

I didn't think anyone beside me still liked Gordon Lightfoot, DD!

Eminem (however he spells it) can go away. PUNK is the word. He's done well for himself, so I'll give credit, but I can't stand his music. Not a big rap fan to begin with (just don't get it I guess), but M&M is like fingernails on a chalk board to me.

Most country I can do without, but I do like bluegrass (Bill Monroe, Ricky Skaggs, Jerry Garcia, David Grisman)

Heavy metal/hard rock is not very appealling, although some older stuff is growing on me (Judas Priest, older Metallica)

Opera is not for me.

My 2 cents. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 5:02 pm 
Master Pilot

Who doesn't like Gordon Lightfoot,Earthy? <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 7:18 am 
Pilot

I hate tango and all kinds of schlager stuff. It's what older people listen in Finland instead of country.

I hate rap. Reasons should be obvious. This extends to nu metal too.

I'm really beginning to hate modern chart pop. It's so overproduced and soulless and force-fed us with the help of ignorant teenagers who don't know better. I was like that once but I have learned.

What I like tends to be somewhere on the guitar rock - black metal axis. Babylon Whores, Alice Cooper, Amorphis, Cradle of Filth, etc. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 2:50 pm 
Master Pilot

Interesting, do u like Garbage or Slipnot?
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.
Lyall Watson
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:10 pm 
Pilot

I sort of semi-like Garbage. It's nice enough but I wouldn't buy their CD.

Slipknot is not nearly melodic enough to me. I like melodies. For example Cradle of Filth is black metal and sounds like it but they always nice complex melodies under there. The situation is similar with their lyrics which are very literate and poetical, even romantic, despite talking about things like vampires, necrophilia, or the final triumph of the forces of evil. I guess I'm a romantic at heart, in the manner of such as Clark Ashton Smith. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:32 pm 
Master Pilot

I like Neil Young's metal guitar, Bush and Andy Latimer's, from Camel, guitar--but u guys already knew that--Hey mayb we shouls make a thread called What Music do U Like?...
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.
Lyall Watson
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:02 am 
Master Pilot

I just read an article on Blindside, what do u think of them, my lady?
Lyall Watson
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 8:18 am 
Pilot

Blindside? Never heard of them. I listen to very little radio anymore. There may also be some difference in their fame between countries. I know some of the bands I listen to are extremely obscure in the US. Earlier I didn't even bother mentioning CMX because they sing in Finnish. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 4:39 pm 
Master Pilot

Oh damm that's right they r Swedish, sorry! Close, but not really!
Lyall Watson
<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 11/3/02 8:15:14 am
</i>

Post subject: Re:What kind of music Don't you like?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 5:35 pm 
Pilot

I Hate country, rap, hip-hop, pop, and whatever the hell that slut Britany Spears is.

I like Incubus, Tool, Nine Inch Nails, and Disturbed. <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Re:What kind of music Don't you like?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 3:03 am 
Master Pilot

I heard a tune by Disturbed on the radio 2day..xtremly cool! I was out! And y'all already kno how much I love Tool! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Re:What kind of music Don't you like?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 6:13 am 
Lady Scryer

I'll listen to just about anything, but I have to admit I'm not very fond of "boy bands" or Britney Spears or other people like that. They're just too...overproduced.
I like a bit of passion in my music, be it classical, rock, jazz or whatever. Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it, so long as it was there.~Terry Pratchett<i></i>

Post subject: Tired of songs about evil!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 3:18 pm 
Master Pilot

Blame it on the radio station I've been listening at work--they say they'r a progressive rock station but the bulk of their stuff is Van Halen, Ozzy, AC/DC, Def Leppard, Judas Priesty type stuff. I swear Ozzy and AC/DC own the damm station! If they didn't play the occasional Audioslave, Satriani or Alice in Chains I would never listen 2 it.

Now 2 Ozzy: I used 2 b a Black Sabbath head back in the day...and Ozzy actually put an effort in2 his singing back then...on songs like War Pigs and The Wizard...After that Ozzy really technically sucks and all of his songwritting (if u really analyze them) is nothing but sheer formula pap...but the majority seem 2 like him and he is a multi-millionaire...

I'm more in2 positive progressive rock--and stating 2 get really tired of "who's doing the most drugs and how many grunge band members r on heroin type thingy." Time 2 change the station.

(I wonder what people in Australia really think about AC/DC? They really r pretty talentless--just fun formula elevator party punks--but face it even the Beatie Boys in the US r alot more progressive than them...) And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 2/1/03 8:22:33 am
</i>