Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:07 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: What kind of music DON'T u like???
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 4:36 am 
Master Pilot

A few names come 2 mind easily, the 1st on my list would b Snoop Dogg--any1 who's a convicted murderer should NEVER b allowed 2 steal millions of $s from our children--good role model? worst role model possible!!! 2nd on my list is Eminem-I won't bother 2 list the reasons y I can't stand this "person" all I can say is punk, idiot and pretty damm talentless. I also, personally have no use for the likes of Barry Manilow--any1 who writes a song about a drug is demented, imho, the song Mandy was about the drug Manadril that he used 2 get over severe depression. "U kissed me and stopped me from shaking, and I need u today.." Oh come on Barry! <i> I</i> "deserve a break today". I can also easily do w/out Tom Jones, Engelbert Humperdink and Wayne Newton. Maybe the "Buick Crowd" can't do w/out them, but I can. What can U do w/out? Mathematics is a game. It's pieces are the axioms we create, and it's rules our logic. That mathematics is occasionally useful to mechanics and pilots is accidental -Mahavira Lal, third Lord Cantor<i></i>

Post subject: Re: What kind of music DON'T u like???
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 1:56 pm 
Master Pilot

<b> Hey, I really like Barry Manilow! As for the song <i> Mandy</i> being about drugs, Manilow has said many times in interviews that the song was supposed to be <i> Brandy</i>, but Looking Glass had a song out at the same time called <i> Brandy</i>, and he had to go with <i> Mandy</i>. I even have some outakes, and one is with Manilow saying Brandy instead of Mandy: it was a hard habit for him to change. Manilow backed Bette Midler on piano before becoming famous. Very talented guy (IMHO)
Now, getting back to the topic:
I don't like rap in any form (including Christian rap). Most of it really gets vulgar, and to me it's talking, not singing. The background is usually monotonous and the drums electronic.
I can't listen to opera. I can appreciate the talent it takes, but (aside from <i> Phantom of the Opera</i>) it sounds like a lot of noise to me (even when sung in English).
Most of country and western really depresses me. There were a few people who crossed into pop: Glen Campbell, Kenny Rogers that I really enjoy, but too often, I hear some great music sung with a nasal whiny voice. I still remember hearing the guy who sang, <i> Don't Take the Girl</i> say on TV one night, "I really thank the Lord. He's been a hell of a friend." I don't think I've ever heard someone thank the Lord and use hell in the same sentence.
The rest of the kinds of music, I really like: from bluegrass to hard rock. </b> Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 2:36 am 
Pilot

Country. I listen anything else on this planet before I'd choose something country
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 5:00 am 
Master Pilot

Ew gross! I agree! Ur emoticon 2--I had 1 like that up b4 but it was SO rude the members made me take it off! This is, sorta, how it starts --u get the idea! The power of ahimsa is not just the readiness to die. It is the willingness to live. To live utterly without fear - this is a fearsome thing. <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 7/30/02 10:01:39 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 1:03 pm 
Pilot

Ahhhh.....that is one of my favorite smilies
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 11:58 pm 
Master Pilot

, don't b sad--personal emoticons r perfectly permissible--2 a point--but u take the heat, not me! The power of ahimsa is not just the readiness to die. It is the willingness to live. To live utterly without fear - this is a fearsome thing. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 11:35 pm 
Master Pilot

I agree w/Danlo, I hate rap, especially Eminem. What a loser! <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 7:20 am 
Master Pilot

HEY I like rap AND Eminem AND Snoop Dogg.

I hate country, it isn't well city enough for me. *Heckle Heckle*<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 2:04 pm 
Master Pilot

10 Reasons why I like Country music:
Shania Twain
Jo Dee Messina
Martina McBride
Faith Hill
The Dixie Chicks (especially Marty the fiddle player)
Lorrie Anderson
Lee Ann Rimes
Lee Ann Womack
Jamie O'Neal
Patty Loveless
(Oh really???They sing 2??? ) The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 9/1/02 12:01:21 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 1:38 am 
Master Pilot

Green Day is my favorite band! Theyre not rap, and not too poppy. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 1:57 am 
Master Pilot

GD is my nephew's fav band, 2 cool! Right now I'm listening 2 alot of Bush, System of a Down and Camel! The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 10/24/02 2:57:14 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 3:30 am 
Master Pilot

I hate Sysem of a Down, and Longview is THE best song, every guy should love a song about masturbation *Heckle Heckle*<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 5:08 pm 
Master Pilot

LOL, Longview is a good song. And,yea, its a guy song! <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 7:38 pm 
Master Pilot

I like to listen 2 Break Stuff, Sugar, Fire, White Zombie, Would?, Everclear, Everything's Zen, STP-Tripping on a Hole in a Paper Heart, Linkin Park, Machine Head, Pantera, My Wave, Deftones, Pull Me Under, Metallica, Motorhead, Joe Satriani, 2112, well that's enuf 4 now..out of quarters... The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 9/2/02 12:40:03 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 2:40 am 
Master Pilot

danlo; I can't believe you 'dissed Tom Jones in the first post in this topic! He's cool! In his time and place he was IT!
(A little off topic)- I Never cared much for Karaoke UNTIL --my favorite watering hole started it one nite. I have a decent singing voice and when I do "She's A Lady" the house comes down! Also do--
Sundown-Gordon Lightfoot
Wreck of the Edmond Fitzgerald-GL (the crowd loves it!)
Touch Me-The Doors
Summer in the City-Lovin' Spoonful
(I'll stop there, I think I just embarrassed myself)

OH,YEAH!! I almost forgot-My stopper! Walk on the Wild Side-Lou Reed-The whole crowd sings along! <i>Edited by: diamondraught at: 10/25/02 7:45:16 pm
</i>