Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 3:24 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: The opinions expressed here do not in any way....
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 10:13 pm 
Master Pilot

When are all these people going to wake up! Jihad vs Crusades--come on: been there, done that. Why can't we all just get along? You'd think that after all these years the human race would be a little bit smarter... Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 8/16/06 4:05 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: The opinions expressed here do not in any way....
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 11:42 pm 
Master Pilot

Some of the people fighting today have been fighting since the only weapons were rocks and clubs. Until Resurrection day, they are only going to keep fighting (using more and more advanced weaponry). It's one of the few constants in society. Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

Post subject: Wasn't this some prediction?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 6:32 pm 
Pilot

Not too good at references? Didn't the blue fairy(ur Virgin Mary) say something about all this Isreal/Palestine stuff and the 31st Pope or whatever Pope John Paul II is being the last one and the Mother church collapsing because of depravity???Or was it Nostradamus? My husband is put out,10 years in a Catholic orphanage and an alter boy all that time, and no one even came on to him?

Religion is stupid. Was in crusades still is. Celebrate life,live and let live. <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Wasn't this some prediction?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 4:07 pm 
Master Pilot

apathy worries me .. we cant just sit back and keep silent when ills such as this occur .. and accept it as business as usual .. even at the risk of not being able to change anything .. we must still speak out in opposition to these events .. and right now there seems to be so many to revile against!

and the answer that it was predicted seals our fate and sets our minds in apathy mode .. moreover .. fate means inevitabilty .. and very few things are inevitable ..

personally speaking what is happening between Israel and Palestine is a grave ill that must be spoken out against .. Israel and Palestine have a long and dirty history of conflict that does not condone the Israeli actions in Palestine currently. Both sides have there share of blood to recount .. and both see their individual fight as motivated by righteous intents .. one side has all the fire power .. and the other is left with freedom fighting tactics now called terrorism .. Israel are no strangers to 'freedom fighting'/ 'terrorist tactics' themselves .. as in their treatment of the British prior to their securing statehood ..

the war on terrorism .. or war of terrorism .. has become one of those very ills .. I do not suggest the perpetrators of the 9/11 bombings should not be brought to justice .. I fear the extent of US repraisals .. and where and what the US govt plans to do next .. health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 2:06 am 
Master Pilot

Well said, Skywier. I hope I didn't come across as apathetic. I really do care about what's happening around the world, but I have to divide my time into so many areas. There's not much time left for making a real difference in the fighting going on around the world. War times are usually good times for weapons dealers. There's so many opinions about who is at fault, and I'm not savvy enough to know. I'm not going to stand in the streets and burn flags like an Iraqian. I have no power in Congress. Money runs this world most of the time, and when it doesn't, there's usually some fanatic killing people in the name of God. My biggest weapon is prayer, and I use it daily. Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 7:09 am 
Master Pilot

nicely said King!

I wasnt pointing fingers re: apathy .. I am as apathetic as any .. I just hate it .. I do care about what goes down out there .. and inasmuch as I am powerless to change things .. I try to stand up for what I believe in anyway anywhere ..

I actively support peaceful demonstrations where the need arises .. During our last elections I organised and participated in a few demonstrations .. marched in the street and picketted infront of our local member of Parliament's office .. I wrote letters usually via email .. to local politicians and to networks of organisations that I hoped to secure support from ..

When motivated by a cause .. I can actually get up off my usual apathetic butt and make another voice heard .. mine.

Lately its not difficult to find one of them is it? Even on the internet on various discussion forums I feel compelled to speak out against imo cases of inhumanity or injustices. I realise this is small time stuff .. but you would be surprised at the level of influence one person can have.

I really think we need to recognise that our small independant voices can make a difference .. So often we feel powerless to effect change .. but sometimes it takes just one person to speak up .. There is always someone prepared to listen .. and many many share views you do. This is what I think .. hope and want to believe.

What is that great quote .. "for evil to triumph all it takes is for one good man to do nothing" .. paraphrased .. sorry ..

but I really believe this may be true!

We have to keep the powers that be .. honest! health and healing<i></i>

Post subject: Re: voting rights?
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 9:11 pm 
Master Pilot

boy I picked the right (correct) Moderator 4 this forum! Did u kno I'm not allowed 2 vote in primaries in this country (US)? I'm an independent (no not the Ross Parrot type of independent) I vote 4 whomever I choose. But in many states, in fact most of the states, 1 has 2 register dem or rep, and depending on the amounts of votes in the previous election (what is it 10%?) green. I hate the fact that if I like a green, dem or rep candidate I cannot vote 2 get this person as said party's candidate. But I refuse 2 EVER join a party--something's wrong w/that picture--it's got 2 change! Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 5/8/02 10:26:00 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: voting rights?
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 7:52 pm 
Master Pilot

mmm .. grievous indeed .. though I dont fully understand your voting system .. If you had the energy you could explain it and we could compare systems ..

However a discussion of this nature .. might see this thread deteriorate into a murky mire .. a bottomless state of boredom .. or something equally disinteresting ..

Though I will assert that 'our' system is bound to be better than your system .. and see where that gets me .. lol health and healing<i></i>