Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: First Cloned Human?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 9:05 pm 
Master Pilot

What do you think what these people are saying--they cloned the first ever child, her name is Eve. If its true....ugh! Further up, and further in!<i></i>

Post subject: Re: First Cloned Human?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 11:23 pm 
Master Pilot

I think they'r nuts until proven otherwise...if it's true, who knows, poor "Eve". If it's not it's just some moneymaking hoax 4 their cult... And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 5:40 am 
Master Pilot

I think its a hoax .. there has been some very basic cloning of embryo's (sp?) .. we have the technology to clone humans but there is a strong hit and miss ratio .. with all cloning ..

and if by some weird stroke of weirdness it is real .. its illegal in most countries .. so where was this done??

how do you feel about the legality and ethics of cloning? human cloning ..

they have cloned cats, cows, rabbits mice .. heaps of species .. then theres cloning and there's cloning .. there are different techniques .. some are more advanced .. In the 150's 60's there were relatively primative forms of cloning around then .. health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 9:42 am 
Master Pilot

Poor "Daisy" the little Scottish Sheep! Consider Davies Hyland in Donaldson's Gap Saga, forced growth, forced assimilation of non-inherent memories--xtremely scary! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 5:53 pm 
Master Pilot

I am sure that this is a hoax and nothing more than a publicity stunt.

Now they are talking about making themselves "immortal" through cloning. It shows a total misunderstanding of cloning. It's not as though you could clone yourself and the clone would be "you." It would be another individual with your genes, just as identical twins are two individuals with identical genes.

~MsMary~

"Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 3:03 am 
Master Pilot

And did u hear at the Watch that the alien race this cult is supposed 2 b in contact w/is called Elohim!? And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 3:34 pm 
Master Pilot

O yea Hearthcoal showed us that! Hello, and good-bye, as always.

Further up, and further in<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:36 pm 
Master Pilot

cult?

ok now I know this is just nonsense! 'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!

'health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 10:04 pm 
Master Pilot

Yes, the cult was a definite fake, but it may actually be happening soon. There was a documentary on Channel 4 last week (couldn't remember the time or date so I missed it) but on the advert it says a lot - They were following an Italian scientist as he worked to produce the first human clone - showing his work, talking to the proposed surrogate mother, that sort of stuff. Missed the show though, so I don't know whether he was near to getting it done or not (obviously hasn't happened yet or it would've been on the news, but he was supposedly very close). <i></i>