[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - Loser/s of the Day

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Loser/s of the Day
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:38 pm 
The UnTitled

Spammers again. :D

--A

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:49 pm 
Lady Scryer

Gross. :td: Not sure if the biggest loser was the guy transporting the stuff, or if it would have been his eventual customers.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:52 am 
Master Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:28 pm 
The UnTitled

I'm sure, (I hope) that it would have been sealed away from contamination. :lol:

--A

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:28 pm 
Lady Scryer

something even more dangerous than texting while driving? :o

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:11 pm 
The UnTitled

:lol: If she died, she'd be a Darwin candidate. :D

--A

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:21 pm 
Lady Scryer

It does boggle the mind, does it not? There are certain places I would not want a razor to be near if you hit a pothole while shaving while driving... :mhoram:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:14 am 
Master Pilot

It boggles the mind that she would do such a thing the day after she'd been convicted of numerous driving infractions, as the article said. Good grief. That tells me she really doesn't give a damn about driving safely. Suspend her license? Just rip it up and throw it away. A year behind bars would be the absolute minimum sentence she deserves. She's a menace on the road. I don't have the numbers for how many people are killed every year by reckless drivers, but I'll bet it's a grim total. Just yesterday, a co-worker returned after a week's absence: that week, a friend of his had been killed - hit by a car. I hate reckless drivers. :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:59 am 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:30 am 
Master Pilot

What pathetic behavior. It's a miracle your friend came away alive and whole from the accident, duchess. :shock:

My pick for loser of the day: the daytime security guard we hired just last week. Okay, our new reception desk is in the shape of a big C. We have it set up so that our receptionist sits at one side and security sits on the other side, monitoring the cameras. Well, the guard last week stationed himself at the very front of the desk and apparently refused to move aside as a simple courtesy for our receptionist so that she could do her job of greeting people when they came through the front door. I was busy with other tasks, so I did not witness this, I only heard it second hand after the whole ruckus. But it seems the guy was being a stubborn dick. Our receptionist had to go get our boss to come down to confront the guy.

Another co-worker later told me that he had been around the desk when our receptionist had gone to get our boss, and had asked the security guard what the problem was. Apparently the guard had said to him, "I don't like to be told what to do by women." Unbelievable. :roll:

Sure, that might be the kind of crass, off-the-cuff joke any guy could make, but this guard's bonehead behavior pretty much spoke for him.

I want to mention that the guard was an older man, maybe Indian or Pakistani descent. I don't know if that explains his attitude toward gender, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is something to that. And it wouldn't excuse his unprofessional behavior one bit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:47 pm 
Lady Scryer

He sounds like a woman hating and disrespecting pig, Moonwatcher!

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:07 pm 
Lady Scryer

what a dummy criminal :lol: :lol: :lol:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:03 am 
Lady Scryer

For the first time ever this week I went to a Black Friday sale. I went with two co-workers. Two of us needed specific items for our kitchens to replace worn out small kitchen appliances (I needed a food processor and my friend needed a crock pot). The third co-worker just wanted to hit the deals.

Anyway, we were very careful in picking out which store to go to - we got off work at midnight, so wanted to go to a place we could go to right after work. We also have heard so many horror stories about certain store chains we wanted to try to go a place that had kitchen stuff, but no electronics. So we chose Kohl's - kitchen appliances and clothes, no electronics or anything we thought would be in high demand.

Well, it was incredibly crowded - apparently a lot of other people also needed kitchen stuff - but we survived with no problems. Even with the two hour long check out line, everyone in the store - both staff and customers - were gracious and polite. Strangers were even helping people carry/hold/move larger items as the line slowly snaked its way up and down every aisle in the store.

But today I found out about all of the violence and disturbing behavior at other places. Danlo posted a story about a man who passed away at a store down south, and how most of the customers just ignored him as he was on the floor (!!!! :o !!!!!). A girl was trampled at a Wal Mart near Muskegon, MI (thankfully she will be OK) and there was a several way fist fight over towels at a Wal Mart in the Toledo OH suburbs. Out in California some crazy woman was walking around pepper spraying other customers so she could get the electronics first. There were shootings, robberies, etc. etc.

So my losers of the day are those people who think that $1.88 towels or cheaply priced electronics are worth hurting other people - or being hurt themselves - to obtain. That's just nuts.

And heaven help us all if civilization ever collapses and people need food and clean water. Can you imagine the poor behavior that will bring out in people if they are willing to beat each other up over $2 towels??? :faint: What will they do for handouts of rice or bread???

Image Image Image