[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - NHL 2006

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 11:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: NHL 2006
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:15 pm 
Master Pilot

Figured I would start the hockey topic again, seems as my Sabres (new yellow slug et al) are undefeated!!!!!!!

We in Buffalo still can't fathom what possesed the powers that be to change the logo. It started with the fan base wanting the old blue & gold back, which was supposed to mean the crossed "sabres" (hence the name....). Unfortunately it morphed into some godawful merger of the stanic bull in black & red & the blue & gold color scheme...., well, it's just ugly.

I won't complain too much, the boys are playing well - maybe the other teams are mocking the new jerseys and they are playing mad, I don't know.....

Brindamour: Hey Chris, nice jersey...
Drury: Thanks Rod, they're starting to grow on us...
Brindamour: is that a slug or just a big snot smear???
Drury: Shut up Rod!
Brindamour: Are you changing your name too? Maybe the B-lo slugs?
Drury: Here - take this Rod.......SCORE!!!!!! top shelf where momma hides the cookies!!!!!!! Cripple but free; I was blind all the time I was learning to see<i></i>

Post subject: Hockey
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:25 pm 
Master Pilot

Well I toughth these guys were starting to get it together until last night when we got a serious beat down... <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Hockey
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:28 am 
Master Pilot

ohhh yeahhhh!!!!!!!

10 in a row - going for the record book on Sat!!!!!

*looks around for Sabres icon*

ahh - it's ugly anyhow - GO SABRES!!!!!!!!! Cripple but free; I was blind all the time I was learning to see<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:15 pm 
Master Pilot

Well, my Ssabres could quite get it done, but they are still sitting pretty atop the league.
Play the Bruins tonite, should be another 'W'

See if Max can fake someone out of thier skates!!!

Thanks for the logo Danlo!!

Cripple but free; I was blind all the time I was learning to see<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:00 pm 
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Hockey just isn't the same around here without Yzerman. Have you hugged your cat today?<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:57 am 
Lady Scryer

Your Sabres are kicking some butt this season, Earthy! ******************************************************

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:02 am 
Master Pilot

HEY!!! The are now in a 3 way tie for 1st place in the crappiest division in the conference!!!! Wooo Hooo!! *****
Before, you are wise; after, you are wise. In between you are otherwise.
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 12/28/06 12:03 am
</i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:32 am 
Lady Scryer

Earthy's Sabres have been having some interesting times lately along with the Sens! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:21 pm 
The Timekeeper

The Avalance seriously suck this year! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:54 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:02 pm 
Master Pilot

Well, now that the reg season is almost over, I just want to pipe in with my Sabres being on top!!!! Ohhhhh Yeahhhh!!!!!!

Hopefully they can carry thru into the playoffs - they seem to have the talent & drive to take it all this year, but they do have quite a young team.

Earthy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:12 am 
Lady Scryer

Congrats on your Sabres winning the President's Trophy for the best regular season record, Earthy! :D

I am expecting my Wings to get knocked out of the playoffs by Calgary in the first round of the playoffs - I hope that your Sabres go far!! :D 8)

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:54 pm 
Lady Scryer

Your Sabres are looking good so far in the playoffs, Earthy! 8) :D

I just watched game 5 between the Wings and the Flames. That has got to be one of the ugliest hockey games I have seen in years. The Flames backup goalie was put into the game with a short time left and a very high score in favor of the Wings. He was in for maybe a minute (at most) and made one of the dirtiest slashes I have seen in years. I hope the league has the cajones to suspend him for quite a few games for that abdominal slash. Image It had to be done with the intent to injure. There could be no other explanation for something like that. Image

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:37 am 
Lady Scryer

The Wings eliminated the Flames this morning. My mind is still boggling over how ugly game 5 was. :shock:

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:01 pm 
The Timekeeper

I watched that game at the bar--as I was banned from Elora's 2nd birthday (ladies only) tea party--yes it was ugly!

With the Penguins out I don't know who to root for--so go Redwings!