Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:41 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Baseball 2006
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:33 am 
Lady Scryer

We had a blast at the Tigers game tonight. They got way far behind early, and then they came back in the bottom of the eighth to win it! Yet another save for our closer, Jones - who has quietly and without fanfair become one of the finest closers in the majors this season, with thirty saves thus far.

And after every Friday and Saturday night after home games they have cool fireworks shows synchronized to Motown tunes!

Then we made the short walk over to Greektown, where we ate delicious food, including our beloved flaming cheese! OPA!!! ******************************************************

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:01 am 
Lady Scryer

We watched the Tiggies game tonight on the TV in between doing huge amounts of housework. They did it again! They got behind early, then came back to win it in the ninth inning!

I have explained to the kids several times this season that good Tigers teams come along about every twenty years and to really enjoy this season.

Though they did sign their great draft pick today - a fantastic young pitcher named Miller. He will be here in September to help out in the bullpen and get his feet wet - if he is as good as he is expected to be, he and Bonderman and Verlander should make the heart of one heckuva pitching staff for years to come! Verlander is unbelievable - 14 wins so far in his rookie year and a fastball that is consistently around 100MPH. ******************************************************

<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:28 am 
Master Pilot

Watched my "halos" light it up on national TV vs. Rangers. Stop hitting in these wild patches--start scoring runs consistently!! Because, other than this (and fricking A's eight game win streak), you're stinking up a storm!! *****
Before, you are wise; after, you are wise. In between you are otherwise.
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:13 pm 
Lady Scryer

My Tiggies are in a bit of a slump now, they have lost four straight, including two to the nasty White Sox. They have time to pull out of it before the end of the season, though.

<---what the White Sox (and some of their rude, arrogant, drunken fans) deserve for beating my Tigers! ******************************************************

<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:54 am 
Master Pilot

A great weekend for the sweeping the Tigers out of town! anana <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:23 am 
Lady Scryer

<--- what disgusting White Sox fans deserve ******************************************************

<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:28 pm 
Master Pilot

Still, smiling at the 9-3 record vs. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:05 am 
Master Pilot

Go Mets! (since Angels ain't doin' a damm thing:"> ) *****
Before, you are wise; after, you are wise. In between you are otherwise.
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:19 am 
Lady Scryer

Chicagoland Baseball:

<--- mean, arrogant, loud mouthed drunkard White Sox fans

<---- friendly & classy Cubbies fans

Detroit Baseball:

<--- Tigers fans, usually 19 years out of any given 20

<--- Tigers fans about every twentieth year when we get a good team

What Should Be Done to Truly Mean White Sox Fans Who Go Out of Their Way to Pee On Detroit Fans in Their Magical Twentieth Year:

<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:33 pm 
Lady Scryer

The Tigers have been playing well again, since their meltdown in Chicago. I just hope we do not have to play the White Sox if both teams make it to the play offs. Snotty teasing on my part aside (sorry about that, Damelon - you caught me in the midst of a pretty rough week ), the Sox are much too good a team to want to face in the playoffs!

And yes, Danlo - since the Cubbies certainly won't be making it to the NL playoffs, I will gladly root along for the Mets with you! ******************************************************

<i></i>

Post subject: baseball 2006
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:00 pm 
Lady Scryer

The Tigers do seem to have possibly worked their way out of their slump. They played well against Boston, were a bit shakey against Texas, but are playing well again.

With their win last night, they have mathmatically ensured that they will have at least a 500 season, even if they lose every remaining game. And a 500 year is fantastic for the Tigers!!! And we have not had a winning team in so many years, no one is even sure what to do about it!

All eyes are now on the suddenly very tight AL wild card race! The White Sox and Twins are only a half game apart! <i></i>

Post subject: Re: baseball 2006
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:06 am 
Lady Scryer

Well, the Twins are really making a move; they have a growing lead over the White Sox for the wild card spot and are coming up fast to overtake the Tigers.

It wouldn't surprise me if both the Twins and the White Sox catch the Tigers by the end of the season and prevent the Tiggies from making the playoffs.

But we have had such a bad team for so long in this town, just having a winning record is a triumph for us. ******************************************************

<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:45 am 
Lady Scryer

The Tigers are hanging on to first place for now, though I do think that the White Sox and Twins will both catch them by the end. That doesn't matter - we will have the first winning season in so many years this year!!!

They called up our great pitching prospect from AA and had him pitch an inning against the Yankees. Miller (and doesn't he have a cute little babyface???) had a scoreless inning. So now we have three rookie pitchers with 100MPH fast balls!! If we can keep them in our system and keep them healthy, we might have a really good team in a year or two, as some of our other starters like Bonderman are also fairly young.

<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:01 pm 
Lady Scryer

The Tigers bats have been asleep for quite some time now. I think it will be only a short time before the Twins catch them. The Twins are only a couple of games back, the White Sox only a couple of games behind the Twins.

But we will win more games than lose this year. So that makes this one of the best Tigers teams in years and years and years. They do not have to make the playoffs to be triumphant to us fans.

And with their strong young pitchers, they should be a force to reckon with for the next few years, provided everyone stays healthy.

We might even have two or more winning seasons in a row! The world might be ending!

Naw - the world will only end if the Lions start winning football games!!! ******************************************************

<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:34 am 
Lady Scryer

The Tigers are somehow still managing to hang on to first place in the Al Central, though they still have both the Twins and the White Sox glued to their butts!

They have been playing bit better lately - though that is against teams like the Orioles. They need to find a way to play tougher against the better treams in both the division and the league! And they'd better find it fast!!!

<i></i>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next