Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Baseball 2006
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:30 pm 
Lady Scryer

Well, it should be a good season. It will be hard for any team to beat the Chicago White Sox if their fantastic pitching staff stays healthy.

Therefore my poll will be on who the worst team in big leagues will be.

We haven't gotten any Tigers tickets yet, though we will be sure to at some point. We're sort of waiting to see how the summer's schedule shakes out with Bigredbulldog's college orientation, and then both his college and Mr. Sunshine's school will start about the same time in mid August. We will be including some baseball games on our vacation, however - Cleveland vs. White Sox in Chicago and (oddly enough) the Cubbies vs. the Tigers at Wrigley.

Anyone else have any fun baseball plans?

And does anyone think the leagues will finally take action on Bonds and the other steriod monsters? KC RoyalsDetroit TigersBaltimore OriolesThe Rockiesother (please specify)Show results ******************************************************

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Baseball 2006
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:09 am 
Lady Scryer

Our baseball adventures in Chicago will be coming up next week. We have gotten tickets to two games in Detroit - against St. Louis and against Cleveland. Detroit is actually having a decent season, and this week they picked up the kid who is supposedly the best prospect in the draft (a very good young college pitcher) - the teams that picked ahead of the Tiggies passed on him because they thought he would ask for too many greenies.

So he will be ours. ******************************************************

<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:46 pm 
Lady Scryer

Had a lot of fun in Chicago. A huge contrast in the two stadiums and the fans in them!

US Cellular Field is very modern, high tech, and glitzy. I hope the fans we were surrounded by are not typical Sox fans, because we were surrounded by a lot of loud mouthed rude drunks. The people sitting right in front of us were a nice couple from Iowa who had come just to watch a big league baseball game, and were not particularly fans of either the Sox or the Indians. By the end of the game they were cheering for the Indians because they could not deal with the drunken, nasty Sox fans sitting around us!

The game at Wrigley Field was relaxed and fun, in huge contrast to the Sox game. There were a lot more children there, and while people were drinking, it was because it was a hot day and the beer was cold - it was light social drinking, not drinking to get drunk! I loved the old fashioned organ music - it reminded me of listening to Tigers games and Red Wings hockey games on the radio when I was a little girl. Rather than being nasty to the visting fans, the Cubbies fans gave us Tigers fans more good natured ribbing (along the lines of "Well, your Lions still suck!"). We had lunch before the game at this great sports bar called the Cubby Bear Lounge, across the street from the stadium. Huge portions of simple, well prepared food, and they even had their own house brand of Cubby Bear Root Beer!

I truly hate to say this, being an American League girl and always rooting for the American League team in the World Series and the All Star Game (yes, even the Yankees!) - but if I lived in Chicago I think I would be a Cubbies fan, at least going by the inital visits to the two stadiums and seeing the two groups of fans in action. ******************************************************

<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:05 am 
Lady Scryer

A few days after getting back from Chicago we went to a Tigers game at Comerica. We laughed our butts off at this squirrel which somehow made it out onto the field and was running around like a little demented fluffy thing. When that inning was over we had a good laugh at the groundkeepers chasing it - it ended running into the Tigers bullpen!

And the Tiggers beat the Cardinals, which made things even better. ******************************************************

<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:48 am 
Master Pilot

Well, we're on a two game winning streak-but my team LA Angels are sucking it up folks! *****
Before, you are wise; after, you are wise. In between you are otherwise.
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:13 pm 
Lady Scryer

The Tiggies are still playing well. They just took 2 out of 3 in a series against the dreaded ChiSox, and increased their lead in our division. ******************************************************

<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:53 am 
Lady Scryer

Well, the Tigers are still playing well, though the Twins are trying to roar up from behind. The dreaded White Sox have really fallen apart lately, though their awful slump probably won't last long...they're much too good a team to keep playing so badly for much longer. As it stands now, the World Champs won't even make the playoffs. The Yankees have the wild card spot, and the Twins and the ChiSox are tied up right behind the Yanks... ******************************************************

<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:05 pm 
Master Pilot

Go Angels! Stomp Bosox in Beantown! *****

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:44 pm 
Lady Scryer

The Tiggies have a very important series against the red hot Twins in the Twin Cities this weekend. So far so good, they took the first game in extra innings last night. ******************************************************

<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:38 am 
Lady Scryer

The Tigers took 2 out of three games against the red hot Twins. Helped the White Sox get back ahead of the Twins in the race for the wild card slot. The Tigers already have 70 wins this season. ******************************************************

<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:47 am 
Master Pilot

Angels took 2 outof 3 from Boston! Rock on boyz! *****
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 7/30/06 8:54 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:11 am 
Master Pilot

How 'bout those Marlins?

Doin' pretty good for a bunch of rookies, dontcha think? "Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:16 am 
Master Pilot

Very good considering most of them used to be Albq. Isotopes! *****

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:24 am 
Master Pilot

Which is a pretty darn funny name for a baseball team, when you think about it. "Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:11 pm 
Master Pilot

Well it did come from The Simpsons originally so thank these guys> (I hate Oakland!:"> ) *****
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 8/5/06 8:25 pm
</i>