[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - NCAA Football 2006 season

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 12:23 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: NCAA Football 2006 season
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:55 pm 
Lady Scryer

Talk about your favorite college football teams here!

The two I am following this year are my old college, University of Michigan (Big 10) and my son's current college, Ball State University (MAC).

So far UM is doing OK. They are 2-0 thus far for the season. But the teams they beat are weak (Vandy and Central Michigan). They will be playing Notre Dame soon, and should have their butts kicked.

Ball State is 1-1. They slaughtered the humiliatingly bad Eastern Michigan University Eagles, and lost by one point to Indiana. It is widely thought on campus thay they might not win any more games this season. BUT the kids have a lot of fun at the games and tailgating - and where else do the cheerleaders and crowd get a chance to cheer "Ball U!!!" ******************************************************

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
<i>Edited by: Duchess of Malfi at: 9/11/06 10:56 am
</i>

Post subject: Re: NCAA Football 2006 season
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:43 pm 
Master Pilot

Well lost their first game at home to Division 1A Portland State so: so much for college football--go Vols! *****
Before, you are wise; after, you are wise. In between you are otherwise.
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:30 am 
Lady Scryer

Well, as expected, Ball State lost its second straight game to a Big 10 team this afternoon.

But Michigan pulled off a huge upset in South Bend today - clobbering the second ranked Irish of Notre Dame!

Quote:
Now for a cheer they are here, triumphant!

Here they come with banners flying.

In stalwart step they're nighing.

With shouts of vict'ry crying.

We hurrah, hurrah, we greet you now, Hail!

Far we their praises sing

For the glory and fame they've bro't us,

Loud let the bells them ring,

For here they come with banners flying

Far we their praises tell

For the glory and fame they've bro't us,

Loud let the bells them ring

For here they come with banners flying

Here they come, Hurrah!

Hail! To the victors, valiant,

Hail! To the conqu'ring heroes

Hail! Hail! To Michigan the leaders and best

Hail! To the victors, valiant,

Hail! To the conqu'ring heroes

Hail! Hail! To Michigan the champions of the West!

Quote:
Song Lyrics to "Yellow and Blue"

Sing to the colors that float in the light;
Hurrah for the Yellow and Blue!
Yellow the stars as they ride through the night
And the reel in a rollicking crew;
Yellow the fields where ripens the grain
And yellow the moon the harvest wain;
Hail!
Hail to the colors that float in the light

Blue are the billows that bow to the sun
When yellow robed morning is due.
Blue are the curtains that evening has spun
The slumbers of Phoebus to woo;
Blue are the blossoms to memory dear
And blue is the sapphire and gleams like a tear;
Hail!
Hail to the ribbons that nature has spun'

<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:57 pm 
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Have you hugged your cat today?<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:22 am 
Lady Scryer

Michigan beat Wisconsin for their fourth win for the young season.

Poor Ball State loses a very close one again, this time to North Dakota State. ******************************************************

<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:36 pm 
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Have you hugged your cat today?<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:38 pm 
Master Pilot

I need tro find my cat! *****
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:58 am 
Lady Scryer

Is one of your kitties missing?

This week poor Ball State got blown out for the first time.

Michigan beat Minnesota, though! ******************************************************

<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:05 am 
Lady Scryer

Both Ball State and Michigan won this week! :um

Good day for Detroit sports fans today. The Red Wings and Tigers won today, too. ******************************************************

<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:47 pm 
Master Pilot

Lobos go to nasty chilly rocky (mtns) Ft. Collins, Kenny Byrd kicks a 33 yd FG with 1 second left-Lobos 20 Colorado St. 19. Red-shirt freshman QB, Donovan (Mr. Comeback) Porterie wins his third straight start-bring on TCU in the Chili Bowl after the bye!!!! *****
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 10/31/06 9:51 am
</i>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:27 pm 
Master Pilot

We're going to happy valley, Beaver Stadium to see Penn State play Michigan State in 2 weeks.
Should be fun, college football, especially at Penn State is awesome!
When you have 110,000 screaming fans - it's loud!
I've been to see the Bills play Miami in the AFC championship game, and I don't think it was quite a crazy an atmosphere as the college game.

We are.......Penn State!!!!!!

Cripple but free; I was blind all the time I was learning to see<i></i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:23 pm 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
Well, this season is over and done, but it's never too late to express pride in my local team, where Paul (DH) is pursuing his Ph.D...

GO Gators!!!

Men's 2006 NCAA National Football Champions and Men's NCAA DUAL National Basketball Champions!!!

::: of course, next year will probably be an entirely different story...:::

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:29 pm 
Lady Scryer

I cannot tell you how happy I was when Florida beat O-How-I-Hate-Ohio-State. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:50 pm 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix