[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - Sports that should b done away with!

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sports that should b done away with!
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 3:58 pm 
Master Pilot

Here's my top 5 list of Sports I feel have NO redemming value and should b done away w/:
1. Boxing-stop the violence-2 many belts-Tyson ruined the sport!
2. Auto Racing-while I collect "Hotwhells" and love Formula 1 racing-I think it is just a waste of precious fossil fuels
3. WWF-not a real sport-idiot fans should b doing something esle w/their time--like getting an education, i.e.
4. Field Hockey-y does it exist?
5. Curling-yes I'm mainly Scottish and we invented it-but come on what's the use?
What do u think??? please discuss here...any other sport u feel make no sense?BoxingAuto RacingWorld Westling FederationField HockeyCurlingShow results How far do you fall Pilot?<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Sports that should b done away with!
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 5:56 am 
Master Pilot

Can I vote twice?

I voted for auto racing, but also would vote for boxing if I could. I see no sense in either sport.

As for wrestling, as carried out by the WWF, it's not really a sport, but a performance, or a play, if you will.

I object to your inclusion of field hockey, however. That was one of my favorite sports to play when I was in middle and high school. I just loved it.

~MsMary~ "Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 4:11 pm 
Master Pilot

<b> I would be in favor of removing all racing (except people). As much as I love westerns, when I see the movie is about a horse, you can be sure that the horse is going to be in a race in which every conceivable dirty trick will be done, and the horse will win anyway. Same with auto racing. I voted for eliminating wrestling, but it's not even worth a comment. A lot of high-brow sports should go the way of wrestling.</b> Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 7:17 pm 
Master Pilot

I'm beginning 2 think I should have put Ice Hockey on the list! How far do you fall Pilot?<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 9:59 pm 
Master Pilot

Why is that? "Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 2:29 pm 
Master Pilot

ummm ... soccer!!

hahahaha .. just kidding eh? .. well maybe .. maybe just do away with those elements that to me ruin soccer!! health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 2:58 am 
Master Pilot

OMG I hate NASCAR sooooooo much. Horse Racing ain't so bad, you jus should only watch the race and thats it, not the pre and post race coverage they show on TV. What crazy person watches soccer at four in the mornin?<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 4:48 pm 
Master Pilot

ummm ...

... not me!!! health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 5:42 pm 
Master Pilot

Well I do. Its my sig. My dad asked me that when he found me in the den at 4:30 watchng soccer. What crazy person watches soccer at four in the mornin?<i>Edited by: King Mudd at: 7/2/02 10:43:03 am
</i>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 10:27 pm 
Master Pilot

The worst thing 2 b watching @ 4:30 in the morning imho would b bowling, next golf--I mean modern golf has got very cool but it would just put me 2 sleep, at that time (even the British Open)-3rd would b tennis, unless it's a live feed from an major international tournament...like Wimbelton or the French and (yes Sky!) the OZtralian Open. Mathematics is a game. It's pieces are the axioms we create, and it's rules our logic. That mathematics is occasionally useful to mechanics and pilots is accidental -Mahavira Lal, third Lord Cantor<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 7/4/02 10:05:34 am
</i>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 2:31 am 
Master Pilot

<b> ARRRRRGGGHHHHHH! Bowling and Golf! I think the players should use the opposite balls; then it'd be interesting (knocking down pins with a golf ball and hitting bowling balls with golf clubs). Those sports define boredom (to me). </b> Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 5:51 am 
Master Pilot

I couldnt agree more!! I loathe watching golf .. never actually watched bowls on tv .. but .. ugghh .. couldnt think of anything more boring ..

I dont mind playing golf .. its less boring .. but I only played it once before health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 1:34 pm 
Master Pilot

<b> And I like to bowl, but to watch others do it... Is there an emoticom for gagging? </b> Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 10:37 pm 
Master Pilot

I think this: is about as close as we get! Mathematics is a game. It's pieces are the axioms we create, and it's rules our logic. That mathematics is occasionally useful to mechanics and pilots is accidental -Mahavira Lal, third Lord Cantor<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 1:59 am 
Master Pilot

<b> LOL Close enough! Must not have seen that one, Danlo! </b> Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>