[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - Everything that's happening...(sporadic general) updates

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Everything that's happening...(sporadic general) updates
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:20 pm 
Master Pilot

After last years hack and everybody being so busy not much has happened in this forum, but that's kinda the way it always happens here after football season. But there's usually a little blurb here and there about the NBA, NHL and baseball. So in a effort to bring y'all up to speed here's, sorta, what's been going on in the meantime in the wide-world of sports that I'm sure you're all aware of, unless you've been living under a rock or ing too much.

NFL: Draft-Mario Williams was picked by the Texans which still has everyone baffled. Saints lucked out by taking Reggie Bush 2nd, and picked up Drew Brees from the Chargers and Chris Horn (WR) from the Chiefs-so along with Duece McCallister, Joe Horn and Dante Stallworth they suddenly have all these amazing weapons on offense. The did very well with their 2 1st round picks, including signing the potentially awesome TE, Vernon Davis. The probably had the best overall draft. Matt Lienart's on Phoenix and Vince Young is being groomed to replace Steve McNair on the Titans. Rumor has it that McNair might move to Baltimore, TO's a Cowboy, Arron Brooks is a Raider, LaVarr Arrington's a Giant and (WR-GB) Jevon Walker's on the Broncos.

NHL: Seems to have survived and appears more exciting with it's new rule changes, but it's very hard to track where alot of well known players actually are right now. The Edmonton Oilers crushed the Anahiem Mighty Ducks and are now in the Stanely Cup Finals awaiting the winner of the Carolina Hurricane/Buffalo Sabres series: game 6 is tonight in Buffalo with Carolina leading 3-2.

NBA: Very exciting post season with Lebron James, Elton Brand and Kobe showing flashes of brilliance. Now it's down to the usual suspects-Except One!: The, dreaded, Spurs are out-yes Dallas (in a big seeding mixup) took them to the limit and outlasted them. Mav's lead (the Amare-less) Suns 2-1 in the Western Conf. Finals. Josh Howard's return seems to have reenergized them both on O and D. This year's MVP (2nd in a row, The Sun's), Steve Nash has been trying so hard it hurts-let's hope Marion gets aggressive and Raja Bell can return, cause Barbosa ain't going to save them. lead 3-1 and as the Eastern Conf. Finals head back to Detroit we find ourselves in the exact same position as last year. The difference is that Shaq is playing like a kid again and Dwanye Wade is...well...utterly amazing AND they have help this year with Gary Payton, Antoine Walker and a healthy Jason Williams-look out Pistons!

MBL: , and Mets have jumped out of the gates like gangbusters. Angels are sucking up a storm...Barry hit HR # 715, yesterday, eclisping the Babe. Player to watch: David Wright on NYM.

Assorted stuff: Federer is the #1 seed in the French Open (which he's never won) and alot of people think his clay nemesis Nadal will stop him flat. I think Mikelson won the Masters again. Barbero won the Kentucky Derby, but sadly factured his leg at the onset of The Preakness Stakes and is, hopefully, recovering well. Sam Hornish Jr. barely edged super-rookie Marco Andretti to win the Indy 500. Teams are gearing up for the World Cup all over the world. What else? You tell me... *****
Before, you are wise; after, you are wise. In between you are otherwise.
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 8/3/06 8:37 am
</i>

Post subject: Re: Everything that's happening, or has happened...
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:16 pm 
Lady Scryer

Thid year's Belmont will be one of the very few to feature neither the Derby or Preakness winners. The Derby winner is recovering (and retired because of) from a horrible injury, the Preakness winner is being rested in preparattion for late summer & fall classic races.

The Tigers are certainly a surprise. I am rooting for them to keep it up and claw up the for the rest of the season. ******************************************************

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:58 pm 
Master Pilot

Dallas and are in the NBA Championship-first time since '71 the two teams meet that have never been there before. I knew Phoenix would make it that far and then wilt without Amare Stoudemier, with Amare they would have destroyed the league. I hates Howard and Harris! Go Heat! Burn 'em up!!! *****
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:14 pm 
Lady Scryer

I am also hoping that the Heat will win the NBA. They sure made the Pistons look bad in the final game of the eastern finals. I won't feel as bad about that final game if the Heat win it all. ******************************************************

<i>Edited by: Duchess of Malfi at: 8/3/06 9:23 am
</i>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:45 pm 
Master Pilot

Well Floyd Landis won the Tour de France--but is now under a big drug investigation. Nadal did win the French Open but Federer got him back at Wimbeldon (even though he looks like a deer in the headlights afterwords: saying damm if this guy keeps improving like this I'm toast! ) US Open is just around the corner-Aggassi's final tourney. Barbosa has had a couple of scares and an infection, but it looks like he's doing well.

Italy won the World Cup-and France's Zindane won idiot of the year.

MBL, your current leaders:
Yankees
Boston
Tigers
Sox
Oakland
Angels

Mets
Cardinals
everybody in the West with a shot *****
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:26 pm 
Lady Scryer

Actually, Zindane has become a huge hero to many younger people, many of whom hate trash talking in sporting events, and think the guy he took out deserved it and more.

So many more doping scandals...the last Olympic sprinting champ...Barry Bonds...the Tour de France winner... ******************************************************

<i></i>