[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - Current news flashes--any sport!!!

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:39 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Current news flashes--any sport!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 11:32 pm 
Master Pilot

enter any hot new sports news from any sport, anywhere in the world, it can just b a little blurb if u want like: "Entire Dallas Cowboy team thrown in jail!" or "Manchester United goalie seen on dinner date w/George Michael"...or real 1s that happened 2day or recently like: "Tiger falls apart in 3rd round of British Open", "Looks like Armstong is about 2 wrap up another Tour de France" or "Crying Ryan" Leaf retires from NFL today! Will anybody miss him? NOT!!!" (just realized new topic and poll button r completely missing--will work 2 remedy!) The power of ahimsa is not just the readiness to die. It is the willingness to live. To live utterly without fear - this is a fearsome thing. <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Current news flashes--any sport!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 3:25 am 
Master Pilot

Damn did anyone see Vladdy Guerrerro's throw against the Marlins?? Gawd was that awesome! "I say the right things but act the wrong way, I like it right here but I can not stay. I watch the tv forget what I'm told, well I am to young and they are too old. I'll make it you see, I'm never so pleased, pretend to be nice tho I can be mean. I missd the last bus, I'll take the next train. I'll try but you see, its hard to explain." Hard to Explain, The Strokes<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 4:21 am 
Master Pilot

2 cool! Vlad the Impaler is 1 of my fav ballplayers, I shook hands once w/Henry Rodriguez who played w/Vald 4 a couple of years--2 bad they traded him--they made an awesome pair! The power of ahimsa is not just the readiness to die. It is the willingness to live. To live utterly without fear - this is a fearsome thing. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 9:55 pm 
Master Pilot

Sampras beating Agassi 2-0, Agassi wins the 3rd set, Sampras battles back in the 4th 2 win the Open Men's Finals. The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 9/8/02 5:57:25 pm
</i>

Post subject: cowboys lose
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 10:57 pm 
Master Pilot

danlo; I'm aghast you haven't mentioned the Cowboys losing to a team that never played a game ! <i></i>

Post subject: Re: cowboys lose
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 11:42 pm 
Master Pilot

Oh how I love it! Go Houston!!! ! I mentioned it in the NFL prediction game topic...And speaking of that r u going 2 join the game in week 2 DD? I'm posting the schedule right now! The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i></i>

Post subject: Re: cowboys lose
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 2:23 am 
Master Pilot

Yes! I'll have my predictions posted soon! BTW, am I the only one who thinks the Houston Texans' logo is a ripoff of the Patriots? <i></i>

Post subject: News flash
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 10:04 pm 
Master Pilot

Anyone watching Michigan / Notre Dame? A sloppy first half by both teams, but 2nd half is great! ND is up 2 because Mich. failed 2 pt. attempt with 2 1/2 min. left. Looks like a great finish! <i></i>

Post subject: Re: News flash
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 10:28 pm 
Master Pilot

I was listening 2 it on the radio--we usually put this in College Football thread. ND upsets Mich 25-22!!! The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 9/14/02 3:39:42 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 10:47 pm 
Master Pilot

Radio? What's that? I'll be more aware of topics in the future. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:32 pm 
Master Pilot

Jaded cynicism--coincidence--or conspiracy?

<Editorial>

Now u r going 2 hear some real jaded cyncism on my part re: "The Kobe Bryant Situation":

Let me 1st say that I do not take rape of any kind lighty, if Kobe truly is quilty he should b prosecuted 2 the full extent of the law.

However I feel the entire "situation" reeks of some really curious coincidence...I listen 2 alot of sports radio talk shows and b4 this incident broke all of them were talking, 4 about 2 months straight, about how the "bad-boy" image in basketball has been shown 2 generate much better commercial sales than a clean cut image. All the talking heads kept rambling on that the majority of shoe sales, 4 instance, r made to tons of would be streetwise, rapster wannabe 12 to 25 year olds who much prefer the "bad-boy" image of someone like Allen Iverson (among 3 to 4 other players mentioned) to, then, picture perfect Kobe Bryant.

Now Kobe is a "bad-boy" and even tho they say that some of his sponsors r pulling away from Bryant--curious things r emerging everywhere that really make me wonder if this "situation" isn't some well orchestrated money making conspiracy. Legal "experts" r now saying that a civil settlement
may be immanent and that if a settlement is reached in civil court and Kobe is found quilty on a lesser charge it will knock a serious hole in the Eagle, Colorado DA's case. Kobe shows up 4 the "Teen Choice" (with his wife) awards before going 2 his arraignment and the thousands of kids there support and adore him. All sorts of stuff re: the character of his accuser r leaked 2 the media. McDonalds is now prominently showing a commercial where tons of "street-wise" kids are scarfing down death-burgers and showing off their b-ball shoes. And what is up with the 4 million $ ring he bought 4 his wife?

Call me jaded but this is all a little 2 convienent 4 my taste. There's just been 2 much crap that corporations and politicians have tryed 2 pull over the public's eyes in the past 2 decades in the US. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong but if I'm right then the American public is as stupid as the fat cats think... And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 8/4/03 7:54 am
</i>

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:32 pm 
Master Pilot

Good points, Danlo. However, there are other ways to promote a bad boy image without being accused of rape. Which not only creates a bad boy image: but also creates a criminal image! Which I don't think even an idiot like Bryant would want. Further up, and further in!

"Come to Elfhand," the troll said.
The child thought for a while....
"N-no" said the child
"Why not?" said the troll.
"Mother made a jam roll this morning," said the child.
-the King of Elfhand's Daughter<i></i>