[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - NHL 2003: Quest 4 the CUP!!!!

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: NHL 2003: Quest 4 the CUP!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 2:58 am 
Master Pilot

Series tied 2 - 2
Game 5: Thu., 7:30 p.m. ET
ESPN2, CBC
The Dallas Stars triumphed in Game 4 and tied up their series with Edmonton. ...more
Also: Dvorak injured

OTT leads 3 - 1
Game 5: Thu., 7 p.m. ET
CBC, RDS
The Senators took a commanding lead in their series with a victory in Game 4. ...more

ANA leads 3 - 0
Game 4: Wed., 10:30 p.m. ET
ESPN2, TSN
The defending champion Red Wings need to stave off elimination tonight in Anaheim. ...more

NJ leads 3 - 1
Game 5: Thu., 7 p.m. ET
ESPN, TSN
In Game 4, Dan McGillis helped Boston avoid elimination by scoring two goals. ...more

COL leads 3 - 1
Game 5: Sat., 3 p.m. ET
ABC, TSN
In Game 4, the Avs took a 3-1 series lead which was fueled by Patrick Roy and Joe Sakic. ...more

Series tied 2 - 2
Game 5: Fri., 7 p.m. ET
ESPN, TSN
Martin St. Louis' two goals in Game 4 helped Tampa Bay even their series against the Caps. ...more

STL leads 2 - 1
Game 5: Fri., 9 p.m. ET
CBC, ESPN2
The St. Louis Blues look to win two games in a row tonight in the Gateway City. ...more
Notes - Stats: VAN | STL |

TOR leads 2 - 1
Game 5: Sat., 3 p.m. ET
The Flyers can reclaim home-ice advantage with a victory tonight in Toronto. ...more

Duchess! What is up w/ur Wings? The Defending Champs r being plucked by a bunch of DUCKS!!!! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 4/19/03 11:25:21 am
</i>

Post subject: Re: NHL 2003: Quest 4 the CUP!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 7:14 pm 
Master Pilot

The Champs 4 dead! Just like that! How in the heck did that happen? And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 8:39 pm 
Master Pilot

Good God! Even the Bruins weren't swept! Further up, and further in! <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 9:00 pm 
Master Pilot

Dare I say it....You needed the Dominator, Duchess!!! Cripple but free; I was blind all the time I was learning to see<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 9:16 pm 
Master Pilot

What's going on right now:
East
Toronto/Philly tied 2-2 Philly leads 3-1 in 3rd period
Wash/TB TB leads series 3-2 next game Sunday
Ottowa wins series over Islanders 4-1
New Jersey wins series over Boston 4-1 (sorry mhoram!)
West
Colorado/Minn Avs lead series 3-1 but r losing 3-1 in 3rd period
Edmonton/Dallas Dallas leads sries 3-2 next game 2nite
St. L/Vancouver Blues lead series 3-2 next game Sunday
Det/Anahiem Ducks sweep defending champs (sorry Duchess!) And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 4/19/03 2:17:05 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 7:17 pm 
Master Pilot

Philly won last night 4-1 so they now lead Toronto in the series 3-2. Avs lost of course, boo! 3-2 so now they lead Minnesota 3-2. Dallas beat Oilers 3-2 and won the series 4-2 (that will prob give mhoram something 2 root 4!) And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:09 pm 
Master Pilot

Ya, since the Bruins got shut out by Brodeur!!! Avs or Stars as far as I can tell... Further up, and further in! <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:24 pm 
Master Pilot

Avs/Wild
SERIES: TIED 3-3

NEXT: Tue., ESPN, 10:00 PM

Frei: Playing with (Wild) fire
Even if the Avalanche eliminate the Wild in Game 7, there are repercussions down the road.

ST. LOUIS VS. VANCOUVER
NEXT: Tue., ESPN2, 10:30

Leafs/Flyers

NEXT: In Progress, ESPN

Cox: Costly consequence
Either the Leafs or the Flyers will win Game 7. But will they have anything left for Ottawa?

Tampa Bay beat Wash 2win the series 4-2 And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Post subject: sadly, all 1st round seires r now complete...
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 1:18 pm 
Master Pilot

needless 2 say Andrew Brunette is not my fav person in the world 2day...Good job Av's! Hell of a 1/2 half of the season...now who 2 root 4?

SERIES: WILD WON 4-3

Wild win stuns Avs
Minnesota shocked Colorado in overtime to earn its first playoff series win.

ST. LOUIS VS. VANCOUVER
SERIES: CANUCKS WON 4-3

EDMONTON VS. DALLAS
SERIES: STARS WON 4-2

ANAHEIM VS. DETROIT
SERIES: MIGHTY DUCKS WON 4-0

SERIES: FLYERS WON 4-3

Flyers let loose
The Flyers went unchallenged by the Leafs in Game 7, ending the grueling series witha 6-1 win.

WASHINGTON VS. TAMPA BAY
SERIES: LIGHTNING WON 4-2

N.Y. ISLANDERS AT OTTAWA
SERIES: SENATORS WON 4-1

BOSTON VS. NEW JERSEY
SERIES: DEVILS WON 4-1

Mayb I'll root 4 Canucks--they have such a cool name! ( **delayed response**)

And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Post subject: Re: sadly, all 1st round seires r now complete...
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 5:55 pm 
MOOOOOOOOOOOOO

the wings And may the best wrestler win!<i></i>

Post subject: Re: sadly, all 1st round seires r now complete...
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 7:23 pm 
Master Pilot

Bulldog--your Wings really surprised me! It's a good thing I didn't bet on THEM to win the Cup!!

What's up with the Avs!! They're out??!!! In the paper, I read an interesting article about how all the high-paying NHL teams (NYR, Wings, Avs) either didn't make the playoffs or didnt advance... Further up, and further in! <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 8:31 pm 
Master Pilot

SERIES: SENATORS LEAD 1-0
NEXT: Sun., ESPN2, 7:00 PM

Sens rally in Game 1
Marian Hossa had a goal and two assists as the Senators erased a two-goal deficit.

TAMPA BAY VS. NEW JERSEY
SERIES: DEVILS LEAD 1-0
NEXT: In Progress, ABC Further up, and further in! <i></i>

Post subject: 2nd round 2day!!!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 11:25 pm 
Master Pilot

Both hardhitting games were settled in OT as Ducks beat Dallas 3-2 2 go up 2-0 in the series. NJ 3 Tampa Bay 2 Devils lead series 2-0, last night Ottawa 4 Philly 2 Senators lead 1-0 and in OT Vancouver stops Wild 4-3 2 lead 1-0. And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 4/27/03 7:48:36 am
</i>

Post subject: Bamm, just like that Devils r in!!!
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 12:47 pm 
Master Pilot

I kno u guys don't like perennial winners--but w/R.Wings and Avs out The Jersey Devils r, quickly and quietly, making lunch o/o the League. W/"Lightning" speed they knock TB o/o series 4-1...as Martin Brodler made 38 saves....

So now I'm trying 2 root 4 the Canucks--and what pray tell is a Canuck? People ask this every season--well their jerseys have this thing coming o/o the water that kinda looks like a Shark--so is it French 4 shark? (If so leave it 2 the French 2 give, even the shark a silly name!) They lead the Wild 3-1

Modano is scoring up a storm and Dallas is roaring back from nowhere 2 try 2 catch Ducks... (wishes had duck emoticon...) Duck do lead tho! 3-2

The Ottawa/Philly series is 1 big brawl, but Senators, down 1-0 scored 5 straight goals 2 win last night and lead series 3-2

On Monday night all 3 series resume! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Post subject: Re: Bamm, just like that Devils r in!!!
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 4:00 pm 
Lady Scryer

A Canuck is just a nickname for a resident of Canada. Like you would say Yank for an American. I think that's supposed to be a stylized killer whale on their jerseys? Like the ones on totem polls? But it might be a shark, hard to tell. A definate sea creature of some sort, though.
Since the Wings were eliminated I haven't had the heart to watch any more games, but I was sort of hoping a new team or one that hasn't won in a long time will take it all. Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
****Tavern Wench of DOGMA, the Defenders of George Martin's Art****<i></i>