[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - Favorite NHL Team and why?

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Favorite NHL Team and why?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:01 pm 
Master Pilot

We've got that reg. season Hockey thread--And on the 1st post there I make it fairly clear y I root 4 the Avalance. But here I'd like u 2 state, during this long, long season, who's ur fav NHL team is and why? B a little lenghty about it so we all can learn more about dif teams. Like how they did last year, how u xpect them 2 do this year--key players, coaches etc...I agree I need 2 come back here 2, 2 talk more about CO. because 1 goalie doesn't make a team (or does he ?) The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 10/23/02 8:12:25 am
</i>

Post subject: Re: What's ur fav NHL Team & why?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:09 pm 
Master Pilot

I copied my post fron the Neverness/NHL thread:

Being from the Buffalo NY area, I know all about cold weather sports. I'm a sucker for my Sabres (and Bills) - we in Buffalo love to root for the underdog - well, that's what we tell ourselves so we don't feel like such big LOOOOOSERS when our teams never win the championship! You know, we're a small market team, in an economically depressed area.

The Sabres are literally fighting for their NHL life (such as it is in Buffalo), so they may end up being fairly dangerous this year. Biron has shown promise in net and if Satan (I LOVE having him on my team!) can get some pucks sent his way, he could score 40+ this year. Of course, we'll then handily bow out in the first round of playoffs as usual, but hey - you never know! *earthy puts on his eternal optomist hat*

I'll let you know when we get our first 24" snowfall - should be about mid-November.... <i></i>

Post subject: Re: What's ur fav NHL Team & why?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:27 pm 
Master Pilot

brrrrrrrrr....(this is 1 of the main reasons y I live in NM--everytime 1 remember planing the outdoor hockey rink @ 3am at -24 wind-chill degrees in HS in NW Connecticut I bless the fact that I live where I do!) The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 10/23/02 8:29:53 am
</i>

Post subject: DA WINGS!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 1:56 am 
Lady Scryer

I grew up in Michigan and like many people from here, I grew up adoring the Wings back in the days when they were called the Dead Wings and the Dead Things. hehehehehe. How times change
And there is no one classier in any sport than our Good Captain, Steve Yzerman.
In my older son's first baby picture from the hospital he has on a Red Wings shirt and a little red winter hat. It's a really cool picture. If I can ever figure out how to get a real picture on my webpage I'll have to post it.
And Danlo, as an Av's fan, I have to tease you with the magic words Darren McCarty. <i></i>

Post subject: Re: DA WINGS!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 3:24 am 
Master Pilot

If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.
Lyall Watson
<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 6:35 pm 
Master Pilot

I said I'd tell you when we got our first 24" snow fall...we got 22" Sun 12/1-Mon 12/2. been snowing all week, so we now have about 26" on ground!!!

I still like my Sabres - even tho they suck this year. I hope the new owner changes thier uni's back to the original crossed sabres & blue & gold colors. The raging bull was a good movie, but makes a crappy uniform... <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 7:40 pm 
Lady Scryer

oooh, we only have about six inches on the ground right now -- but it's been hovering around zero every night for about a week. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
I'm glad we're in a little protected corner of the state and don't get all of that Lake Effect stuff like you guys do...

I've always wondered why the Sabres changed their logo. I like the old one better, too...but I was glad when the Leafs went back to their "antique" maple leaf look a while back... my sister, o my sister! There's the cause on 't. Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, Like diamonds we are cut with our own dust -- John Webster's "The Duchess of Malfi", first performed in England in 1614<i>Edited by: Duchess of Malfi  at: 12/6/02 12:42:36 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 8:30 pm 
Lady Scryer

By the way, have I ever told you guys about how nice the Wings are? Over the summer most of them get together on Sunday afternoons and play softball for charity (they play against various firefighters or police teams or radio station teams, teams like that). And after the game they'll stand along the outfield fences and sign autographs for little kids for hours.
And the guys look great in those red and white pinstipe pants! Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 8:34 pm 
Lady Scryer

And did I mention that they sometimes open up the Joe and let the fans come in and watch them practice and scrimage against each other? the price of admission is a couple of cans or boxes of food for the local soup kitchens. Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 5:52 pm 
MOOOOOOOOOOOOO

My Mom always tells about how when I was about two she'd get home from work in the middle of the night and turn on the replay of the Wings games. She'd settle down in the lazy-boy and I'd hear her and come toddling out and sit in her lap and we'd watch the game together and then both go to bed. how could I not have the Wings as my favorite team? And may the best wrestler win!<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 7:26 pm 
Master Pilot

Too bad about those Wings, huh Bulldog? Further up, and further in! <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 1:38 am 
Lady Scryer

I remember those days! I would try to get him to sayYzerman. "Come on little man, Y-zer-man, Y-zer-man"
and he would keep saying "Ice-Cream-Man, Ice-Cream-Man!" Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
****Tavern Wench of DOGMA, the Defenders of George Martin's Art****<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 7:35 pm 
Master Pilot

! Where was Captain Y this year, Duchess?

It's been a looong time since the Bruins won a Cup... Further up, and further in! <i></i>

Post subject: Here come the Hawks
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 4:10 pm 
Master Pilot

My dad had season tickets to the Blackhawks in the late 60's early '70's when they had Bobby Hull, Stan Mikita and Tony Esposito. The played against Bobby Orr, and Phil Esposito among others. In '71 I went to a Stanley Cup game in the series against Montreal.

I havn't gone much in recent years, and my dad gave up the tickets in about '72 or '73, but I still follow the Hawks. Trading for Fleury last year turned out to be a mistake. It's not like he didn't show that kind of behavior before.

They have been competitive, and can be again, if they are can make smarter trades than the Fleury one. Then watch out Wings! <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Here come the Hawks
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 5:04 am 
Master Pilot

I dont even know what hockey is!!! So it stands to reason that I don't have a favorite team. :( "Molly is not afraid." Alf's voice was cold. "Molly is excited. She thinks that she will have me when I am done with you. She is a fool. I do not fornicate with animals."<i></i>