[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - March Madness!!!!!

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: March Madness!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 11:59 am 
Master Pilot

It's just around the corner! I really didn't have any interest until about a week ago as my alma mater doesn't chance in hell--the NM Lobos have Rueben Douglas, the highest scorer in the nation btw, but they'r also the crappiest team in the nation... But anyway they upset #22 Utah in the Pit last Sat and then it occured 2 me, damm it's already tourney time so March Madness can't b 2 far away!!!

I don't know who I'll b rooting 4: Arizona looks awesome! And I'm getting real tired (and prob jealous 2) of my lil sis' school, Duke. Maybe Maryland again (?) hmmm....Turtle Power!!!! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

Post subject: Re: March Madness!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:21 pm 
Master Pilot

BC gets a first round bye by defeating another team last night, and Miami earlier. He whose desires have been throttled,
who is independent of root,
whose pasture is emptiness-
signless and free-
his path is as unknowable
as the of birds across the heavens.
Dhammapada (93)

Further up, and further in! <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:11 pm 
Master Pilot

I deeply fear that we'll see very little basketball this month and march madness takes on a whole other meaning this year <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 2:13 pm 
Master Pilot

I guess people r more concerned about this war fiasco than thy r about the NCAAs--but u r missing a bunch of cool games--both of Auburn's games have been great and the St. Joes and Gonzaga/AZ were 2 cool! Mich St. Wins! Very cool!
I'm rooting 4 Terps but they just beat Xavier, the other team I was rooting 4...

On Sat the Lady Lobos beat miami and play a tuff Miss St team...BC women r doing good...but the men never made it... And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 2:47 pm 
Master Pilot

The Orangemen of Syracuse make it to the sweet 16!!!

(My local UB Bulls suck, so I'll root for the other NY team) Cripple but free; I was blind all the time I was learning to see<i></i>

Post subject: Final 4 is set!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:54 pm 
Master Pilot

Final 4 is set! Texas, boo Syracuse, YEA! (Go earthy! ), Kansas, scary! , and my fav:

Wade gives Marquette day to remember

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Gene Wojciechowski
ESPN The Magazine

MINNEAPOLIS -- Marquette's 83-69 wax-and-buff job against Kentucky wasn't even two seconds old when Golden Eagles' All-American guard Dwyane Wade grabbed the Wilson game ball and hugged it as if it were his little son Zaire. Wade didn't let go of the thing until his teammates snipped the Metrodome nets from the rims and returned to the locker room.

A full hour after the game he was still wearing a nylon necklace and a smile as wide as the Twin Cities. That's what happens when you lead mom-and-pop Marquette to its first Final Four since the bell-bottom, leisure-suit days of Al McGuire.

Wade didn't do much, just overpower helpless and hapless Kentucky -- and when was the last time you've seen those two words near Big Blue -- with his first career triple-double. It was nearly a quadruple-double if you add together his blocks, steals and dunks.

Dwyane Wade helped Marquette rekindle memories of 1977 -- the last time it reached the Final Four

Wade finished with 29 points, 11 rebounds, 11 assists, four blocks, one steal and an array of Rucker Park-quality slams. He posterized half of the Kentucky roster and energized the entire Marquette team. No wonder the mostly MU crowd at the Bradley Center ... uh, Metrodome, began chanting, "One more year! One more year!" as Wade started scaling the aluminum ladder to cut the net. Considering his vertical leap, it was a surprise that Wade didn't just go ahead and jump and clip the cords.

"It was unbelievable," said Marquette point guard Travis Diener. "I mean, it was just unbelievable."

Kentucky felt the same way.

And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 3/31/03 6:55:32 am
</i>

Post subject: Re: Final 4 is set!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:59 pm 
Master Pilot

Go Orangemen!!!! Cripple but free; I was blind all the time I was learning to see<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 2:03 am 
Master Pilot

Mhoram's rooting 4 Syacuse 2! Lobo women beat Miss. State and made 2 the Sweet 16 4 the 1st time--then promptly got spanked by Texas Tech! OW! Our 6-3 All-American, Jordan Adams averaged 22pts 10rebs and 3 blocked shots 4 the 3 games... And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:34 pm 
Master Pilot

One word: Carmello Further up, and further in! <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 8:28 pm 
Master Pilot

Marquette is crushed by Kansas!!! Syracuse wins by 10, and the Orangemen are headed to the NCAA Championship!! Further up, and further in! <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:22 am 
Master Pilot

Go Orangemen!!! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:39 am 
Master Pilot

I found myself shouting during the Kansas-Marquette game that Kansas wouldn't have so many fast break points if the man making the lay-up had his legs cut from under him! :"> It was then I realised that I should stop drinking beer during the game. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:05 pm 
Master Pilot

Further up, and further in! <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:22 am 
Master Pilot

I know I saw that post at lunch but didn't have time 2 log in! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:05 am 
Master Pilot

Orangemen up near half time - lookin' good so far!!!! Cripple but free; I was blind all the time I was learning to see<i></i>