[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - Yao Ming: Fact of Fiction?

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Yao Ming: Fact of Fiction?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 7:32 pm 
Master Pilot

Many people, Houston Rockets mainly, have a lot of confidence in Chinese player Yao (thats Yow) Ming. Other sare more skeptical. What do you think? Will he be a good center?
Can he do what Vlade and all the rest couldnt? Contend w/Shaq? Good God that boggles the mind! Further up, and further in!<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Yao Ming: Fact of Fiction?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 3:26 pm 
Master Pilot

I figure by the time Ming learns the NBA fundamentals necessary 2 deal w/Shaq, Shaq will retire. I think Shaq may retire at the end of this year because the toe surgery, in my opinion, wasn't 2 successful--but we'll see. I'm exicted about Ming's mere presence on the Rockets as Kenny Thomas could add 5 to 7 more points 2 his scoring arv. and that presence could make Steve Francis' already great game that much better. I think it will take 2 years for Ming 2 develope--it's also a matter of conditioning and attitude. Take Luc Longley 4 example (go New Mexico! Thomas and Longley!): When Longley (who was 2 nice and mellow a guy 2 play in the NBA) ran and had an attitude he could but Shaq on his butt 70% of the time. Unfortunatley Luc only combined those attributes about 40% of the time and 15% of that picked up stupid fouls. Ming would have to get 2 an ideal 65% 2 start messing with Shaq's head. The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 10:18 pm 
Master Pilot

Looks like hes fact, every game scores 15 plus, hes going to get a lot better as time goes on...if hes not an all-star this eyar next year he will be! The dead pay the debts of the living. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 6:59 am 
Master Pilot

I heard Dan Partrick's assesment of Yao, after he went 2 the Rockets/Spurs game, on his radio show. He said he was shooting over Robinson and Duncan is if they weren't even there. He described Yao's trunk as Bradley and Mutombo combined!
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.
Lyall Watson
<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 1/31/03 9:31:55 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 9:04 pm 
Master Pilot

Fact, baby! Hes starting over Shaq for the Wester Conference in the All-Star game!!!!! Further up, and further in! <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 4:34 am 
Master Pilot

And Shaqs cryin' BIG tears! What a baby! "Opening up the voting 2 the Chinese, they should have opened it up 2 the Germans 4 Dirk 2...Yeah don't tell me it wasn't rigged" Whay a BIG baby! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 12:57 am 
Master Pilot

Is that an actual quote? Further up, and further in!<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 6:19 am 
Master Pilot

pretty much dude! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 11:47 pm 
Master Pilot

All-Star games can be really cheap. I mean, fans are obviously going to vote for hometown heroes and favorite players, leaving some of the better ones in the dust. Vince Carter has played 11 or 12 games this year! And, lo and behold, he is now a starter for the East in the All-Star game. Steve McNair, man I hate him, but he's good. Well, well, well, Drew Bledsoe makes the Pro Bowl. His team didn't make the playoffs. McNair makes it to the AFC Championship, and he doesn't make the Pro Bowl. Disgusting. Further up, and further in!<i></i>