[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - ...now I know ur gonna want 2 talk about FOOTBALL!!!!

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: ...now I know ur gonna want 2 talk about FOOTBALL!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 11:21 pm 
Master Pilot

Yes the Houston Texans r THE most awesome looking xpansion team I've EVER seen (I predict they will win @ least 5 games this year!)--very xciting!!! They play this Mon. in the Hall of Fame game! 49ers play Wash this Sat. in the Japan Bowl! The power of ahimsa is not just the readiness to die. It is the willingness to live. To live utterly without fear - this is a fearsome thing. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 10:45 pm 
Master Pilot

Saints will do better this year, dont worry Theo my man.

Theo- your job is to keep track of that QB over at Neville High in Monroe, Robert Lane, gimme any scoop on whether or not hes gonna play football at LSU or if hes gonna be like that bastard Josh Booty and go play baseball.

BC7-LOL what do you think of Gascoigne playing in America? "I say the right things but act the wrong way, I like it right here but I can not stay. I watch the tv forget what I'm told, well I am to young and they are too old. I'll make it you see, I'm never so pleased, pretend to be nice tho I can be mean. I missd the last bus, I'll take the next train. I'll try but you see, its hard to explain." Hard to Explain, The Strokes<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 10:49 pm 
Master Pilot

God the 49ers took a walloping from Wash!!! But it's just the 1st preseason game... The power of ahimsa is not just the readiness to die. It is the willingness to live. To live utterly without fear - this is a fearsome thing. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 1:03 pm 
Master Pilot

Well, it's halftime...right now my poor alma mater New Mexico is getting the _____ kicked out of them by North Carolina State! NC State is ranked #25, but the Lobos are really stinking up a storm, so far. Anyway getting in2 a Football frenzy w/college games starting and the NFL season about 2 begin.
Predictions: Some Detriot tracker from ESPN said on the radio today that the Lions should be terrible this year...I disagree...w/Joey Harrington at QB an improved defense and a, fairly, weak schedule I think they can win 5 or 6. And may contend 4 "most improved". The Houston Texans have the most awesome looking roster of any expansion team I've ever seen! It wouldn't suprise me if they won 6 games in their 1st season. David Carr seems to possess much more poise than most rookie QBs.
I think the Bengals, Falcons and Panthers will have awful seasons. Phoenix, Cleveland and Kansas City may suprize. I don't think Washington will suprize anyone, tho, if they have a good 2 great season--they have been building a good neucleus and Steve Spurrier's air offense may be 2 much for some teams.
The Patriots, Baltimore, Buffalo, San Diego, Seattle, Saints, Giants, Jacksonville, Dallas and (I hope) Green Bay look to be so-so this year. I think my teams, of course, could be very tuff this year, with San Fran constructing it's team specifically to stop and beat teams like St. Louis and Tampa Bay much improved by John Gruden, Keenan McCardell and Rob Johnson.
Along w/those 2 the teams 2 beat this season should b: Oakland, Chicago, Pittsburg, NY Jets and Philadelphia. Possible challengers: Denver, Miami and Indianapolis--who knos what 2 expect out of the Vikings-and let's not mention Green Bay or the Rams again... The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i></i>

Post subject: top 5
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 11:29 pm 
Pilot

My top five NFL Teams
1- Pats!!!!!!!!!!!
2- Packers
3- Bucs
4- 49ers
5- Jets <i></i>

Post subject: A New game?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 2:21 am 
Master Pilot

What the heck is going on? Did New England change the game forever last week? They come out throwing, and throwing and throwing againt the Steelers and it works like a charm. As I'm posting this Oakland is using the same strategy against the Steelers (40 passes 1st half!) and it works! Surely it's not just the Steelers this can work against? <i></i>

Post subject: Re: A New game?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 2:45 am 
Master Pilot

If u have a killer offensive line and use that stinkin' "shotgun" everytime u'll eventually pick the opposition apart! Mayb we should outlaw it! The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 3:11 am 
Master Pilot

Wasn't it those :"> Cowboys :"> that invented the stinkin' shotgun? <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 4:46 am 
Master Pilot

Another of the multitude of reasons y I have a profound dislike 4 "America's Team" (oops! there went another reason! ) The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i></i>

Post subject: A Question
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 1:47 pm 
Master Pilot

Hey everybody,I thought of something that at first seemed a joke but now I think may need a serious answer.
When crossbars were first introduced into the game, the players probably couldn't jump up and touch them.
Now we see guys dunking the football over them in celabration after a TD.
If a kicker were to attempt a long field goal that probably won't clear the bars by much, is there a rule that states the back man can't slap the ball away? <i>Edited by: diamondraught at: 11/3/02 9:44:01 am
</i>

Post subject: Re: A Question
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 1:12 am 
Master Pilot

? Never did He make two things the same; never did He utter one word twice. After earths, not better earths but beasts; after beasts not better beasts, but spirits. After a falling, not a recovery, but a new creation, not a third but the mode of change itself is changed forever. Blessed be He!<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 4:53 pm 
Master Pilot

That IS funny--like blocking the dunk? is that what u mean? I don't think it's possible...a endzone guy can catch the missed FG and run it out, can't he? Again congrats Emitt 4 breaking the rushing record. Yea! Brad Johnson's rib is healed, or heavily taped, look out Farve the Bucs r seriously gonna get u in a few weeks! Dolpins can't do it w/o Fiedler--if I picked the Fish this week I better go change it. Chris Carter is slomo! he'll get in shape in 2 weeks or so....
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.
Lyall Watson
<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 4:13 am 
Master Pilot

Yeah, jumping up and slapping the ball away,just as it's going over the crpssbar. Kinda like goaltending in basketball. I emailed a sportswriter here in in Indy and he said he could find nothing against it in the rulebook! It might be worth a try on a long field goal if making it means you're gonna lose! Just to see what happens! <i></i>