[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - ...now I know ur gonna want 2 talk about FOOTBALL!!!!

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: ...now I know ur gonna want 2 talk about FOOTBALL!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:21 am 
Master Pilot

most likely people as well read and educated as we ( ) consider Football 2 b a barbaric, warmongering pastime. But admit it u secretly love it--if not 4 the sport 4 the cheerleaders (men...I hope!) or 4 what Tamara refers 2 as "those tight little butts!" (ladies...I hope!). Come on, let ur hair down--we don't know who u r...go wild! Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 7/31/02 4:46:42 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: ...now I know ur gonna want 2 talk about FOOTBALL!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 2:56 am 
Master Pilot

I love pro football. I refuse to watch college football (My college only had a basketball team, so I never did get that college feeling of football). Love the Saints though they usually find a way to lose when necessary. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 8:27 pm 
Master Pilot

It's heartbreaking 2 watch my college football team, the UNM Lobos, cause they rarely make it 2 a bowl and when they do the coach splits and they fall flat on their faces the next season. @least we produced Brian Urlacher, Terence Mathis and Jarrod Baxter. Baxter was drafted in this year's 5th round--look out 4 him cause he's going 2 b great he's a 6'2" 269lb fullback-solid muscle-can out benchpress Urlacher! The Houston Texans drafted him and plan 2 use him primarily as a blocking back which is GREAT 4 his developement as he's smart, will have a couple of years 2 scope out how 2 run in the NFL and then if he's traded in 2 years (which seems 2b the norm w/those type of fullbacks) whoever gets him is going 2 get the next Mike Alstott! I root 4 the San Fancisco 49ers (I'm a Steve Young era fan and Tamara's a Joe Montana era fan) and the Tampa Bay Bucs--originally coming from the east coast I used 2 b a Giants fan but I figured there was no life after Lawrence Taylor and my dad got all over me! Tamara turned me in2 a SF fan--one thing good about switching from the Giants 2 the 49ers is that I still get 2 hate the Cowboys, ain't life grand! King: my Bucs are soon going 2 b known as the Johnsons: Brad, Rob and Keyshawn and ur team is about to become the William's 2 Rickey's what next 4 them? What about Drew Bledsoe on Buffalo--that team may just come around--Randy Moss better get with the program or get out of the game-or I'll send Terrell Owens over there 2 kick his butt!
Top 5 fav teams:
1. 49ers
2. Tampa Bay
3. Jets
4. Eagles
5. Da Bears
Top 5 least fav teams:
1. Dallas
2. Greenbay (but gaining fast)
3. Oakland (xcept 4 Jerry Rice, but I hate their fans and owner more than their team)
4. Deadskins
5. Broncos (but the Rams r gaining)

Toughest player: John Lynch/Brad Johnson
Best quarterback: Jeff Garcia
Best runningback: Marshall Faulk
Best fullback: Mike Alstott
Best receivers: Terrell Owens and Tim Brown
Best Tightend: Eric Johnson (Mark Bavaro--all time best!)
Biggest crybaby: Jeff George
Biggest idiot: Randy Moss
Biggest mouth: Shannon Sharpe
Best defensive player: Bryant Young, Warren Sapp and Mike Strahan
Best linebacker: Brian Urlacher, Derrick Brooks and Ray Lewis
Coach I would least like 2 play 4: Mike Holmgren
Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 9/8/02 10:27:29 am
</i>

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 1:47 am 
Master Pilot

Hey, I think my college's football team has yours beaten hands down! By the time I got to Lousiana College (Pineville), the football team had departed for good. I am told that they lost so many games, that when they finally won one, there was this tremendous parade down the streets of Pineville!
I was in the band and was getting some scholarship money, and the "concert" band had to be disbanded because it was being funded by "marching band" money, and there was no football team! Fortunately, the jazz band got funded.
Lousiana College does excel in basketball. Rah! Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 1:54 pm 
Master Pilot

Yep Football. The sport of Kings. Is there anything more magnificent than seeing Brazil and England clash in the World Cup ?

What do you mean wrong Football ? Pah !!! Aure entuluva !<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 2:33 pm 
Master Pilot

LOVE FOOTBALL .. Aussie rules footy!! .. I back the Adelaide Crows .. naturally .. not Port Power .. the AFL .. the only football league worth watching!!

*wonders why faces have gone blank* health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 3:45 pm 
Master Pilot

Well King, MsMary I guess we're going 2 have 2 put up w/this 4 about 2 months until REAL football begins! These "foreigners" r 2 lazy 2 start their own thread or post in the World Cup topic! Thank God they'r so lovable and silly! Be it ever so overpaid, violent and drug-filled there's no sport like ours (the NFL, that is!). How far do you fall Pilot?<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 9/8/02 10:28:19 am
</i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 4:31 pm 
Master Pilot

I cant post about the AFL on the World Cup page silly!!

.. a toast to the AFL .. the only 'REAL' football on the planet!! .. a game thats rough as guts and you dont wear 300lbs of protective clothing to play!!! ... a real mans sport!! health and healing<i>Edited by: Skywier  at: 6/20/02 9:31:52 am
</i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 5:10 pm 
Master Pilot

ok silly--but soccer--British "football" goes on World Cup thread, just so we'r clear! How far do you fall Pilot?<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 9:00 pm 
Master Pilot

<b> I'm a little confused about the initials: AFL. Did that mean Australian Football League? Our NFL is made up of NFC and AFC, but it used to be National Football League and American Football League (NFL and AFL). Please help an old king who loves sports but can be confused when football means different things in different countries and initials are not recognized by an armchair quarterback! </b> Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:16 pm 
Master Pilot

The AFL ("Australian Football League") my liege!!

health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 5:30 pm 
Master Pilot

<b> Thanks, Sky! I'm learning! </b> Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 2:19 pm 
Master Pilot

as always my liege .. tis the greatest of honourable pleasures to be in your fine service ..

health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 11:53 pm 
Master Pilot

Okay! Time 2 post here now NFL freaks! Training camp has started, preseason games should start, well, almost 2day, or this weekend! 1 of the best opening games the season is my 49ers vs the Giants! I can't wait I'm 2 xicted!!! wooohooo! Can u believe the Emmitt (the Geek) Smith only needs 540 yds 2 break Walter Payton's all time rushing record? Oh it makes me sick (not hoping 4 an injury, but...)! Well he can have the record...he'll never beat "Sweetness" 4 moves and class!! Barry Sanders was 10 times better than Emmitt--but u do have 2 credit Emmitt 4 longjevity and staying alive w/such a horrible offensive live 4 the last 5 years... The power of ahimsa is not just the readiness to die. It is the willingness to live. To live utterly without fear - this is a fearsome thing. <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 9/8/02 10:29:58 am
</i>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 3:45 am 
Master Pilot

<b> I'm anxious to see what the Houston Texans will do, and as always, my New Orleans Saints. </b>
Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>