[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - Sports Trivia Topic

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sports Trivia Topic
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 5:53 pm 
Master Pilot

I'll start off w/an easy 1: Who has thrown 4 the most yards in NFL History? The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i></i>

Post subject: trivia
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 11:07 pm 
Master Pilot

Maybe this one was TOO easy! I'll only answer by saying that I grew up 2 miles from him. (never met him but saw him play in 2 high school games; knew he was special and followed his entire career with a sense of wonder! <i></i>

Post subject: Re: trivia
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 4:51 am 
Master Pilot

Well! Will some1 answer the dang question, or ask another 1? Or both? The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 4:15 am 
Master Pilot

Dan Marino - right?

How abou the only team to win 4 consecutive AFC champion ships? <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 4:43 am 
Master Pilot

Good job, your turn... The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 1:57 am 
Master Pilot

I tossed my easy one in my previous post:

Who is the only team to win 4 conecutive AFC championships?

<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 12:22 am 
Master Pilot

Chiefs? The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 1:39 am 
Master Pilot

OMG!!! I can't believ you don't know this. I'll wait till Mhoram wander's in here - he'll know.

Hint for Danlo: AFC east <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 8:53 pm 
Master Pilot

Of course the correct answer is the Buffalo Bills.
4 consecutive Super Bowl appearances; 4 AFC championships!
Here's one for everybody:
Name the only team other than the Yankees to win 3 consecutive World Series. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 9:53 pm 
Master Pilot

I figured, just affraid 2 say Buf...Buff...Buffa....oh! my god there--said it

If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.
Lyall Watson
<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 10/24/02 8:57:53 am
</i>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 11:38 pm 
Master Pilot

Red Sox! --Not!

Hmmmm, this a tough one...IM gonna say Cincinnatti Reds?? Im not sure... Further up, and further in!<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 4:18 am 
Master Pilot

Oakland--c I'm wrong, agin::">
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.
Lyall Watson
<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 10/24/02 8:59:01 am
</i>

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 9:48 pm 
Master Pilot

You Are correct,Sir!! (In my best Ed Mcmahon Voice)
Oakland A's won in 72,73,74.Remember Charlie O' and them wacky orange baseballs? Sheesh!
Mhoram was rather close. You guessed the Reds,HLM, they lost to the A's in 74 and Won in 75 & 76. The Big Red Machine was awesome. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 9:53 pm 
Master Pilot

cool. let me see how many I can name:
Joe Rudi (my fav!)
Reggie, Reggie...
Sal Bando
Rollie Fingers
Vida Blue
"Blue Moon" Odham
Catfish Hunter
Rickey Henderson (?)
I'm missing my fav pitcher, and I can't think right now!
Lyall Watson
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 10:21 pm 
Master Pilot

You remembered more players than I would have danlo.
Gene Tenace is one more. If your'e thinking of Eckersley or
Dave Stewart They are later (late 80's)?

Anyone else gonna throw one out? <i></i>