[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - Top Ten Fav Baseball Players!

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:53 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Top Ten Fav Baseball Players!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 5:09 pm 
Master Pilot

Well King Mudd got me thinking about this topic (and so did the All-Star Game) so here goes:
1. Mariano Rivera (NY)
2. Curt Schilling (AZ)
3. Tim Salmon (CA)
4. Jim Edmonds (StL)
5. Barry Bonds (SF)
6. Frank Thomas (ChiS)
7. Kevin Brown (LA)
8. Randy Johnson (AZ)
9. Luis Castillo (FL)
10. Jason Giambi (NY) Mathematics is a game. It's pieces are the axioms we create, and it's rules our logic. That mathematics is occasionally useful to mechanics and pilots is accidental -Mahavira Lal, third Lord Cantor<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 7/8/02 9:18:35 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: Top Ten Fav Baseball Players!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 9:37 pm 
Master Pilot

<b> I don't watch much of baseball besides the Astros, but if you'll allow a Top Ten for favorite all-time players, ....
1. J.R. Richards
2. Nolan Ryan
3. Mike Scott
4. Juan Marichal
5. Willie Mays
6. Ken Johnson
7. Rusty Staub
8. Jeff Bagwell
9. Craig Biggio
10. Lance Berkman </b> Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 3:24 am 
Master Pilot

*Sigh*

Old People.

*Sigh*

Umm... I can't remember El Listo.

1.Vladimir Guerrero
2.Andruw Jones
3.Rafael Furcal
4.Torii Hunter
5.Kenny Lofton
6.Jose Vidro
7.Pedro Martinez
8.Chipper Jones
9.Johnny Damon
10.Randy Johnson What crazy person watches soccer at four in the mornin?<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 1:52 am 
Pilot

John Galvin (I think that's how you spell it) pitcher for the Braves. He is still a fine looking man after so many years!!
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 5:07 am 
Master Pilot

Tom Galvine! very good, consistent pitcher 4 the, dreaded, Braves. But methinks u would rather have him being good and consistent @ something else Lady Fid? The power of ahimsa is not just the readiness to die. It is the willingness to live. To live utterly without fear - this is a fearsome thing. <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 7/31/02 6:10:32 am
</i>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:59 pm 
Pilot

That would be acceptible, yes
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 3:49 am 
Master Pilot

<b> Tom Glavine irritates me. He lives on the outside corner of the plate (or beyond) and gets upset with the ump when the ump doesn't give him the area "outside" that corner. Spoiled little guy (IMHO).</b>
Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 10:23 pm 
Pilot

You mean spoiled AND cute......right?
<i></i>

Post subject: top 10
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 11:33 pm 
Pilot

heres my top 10 baseball players
1- NOMAR!!!!!!!!!!
2- Greg Maddux
3- Ichiro
4- Johnny Damon
5- Jorge Posada
6- Barry Bonds
7- Luis Castillo
8- Jim Thome
9- CLiff Floyd
10- A-Rod <i></i>

Post subject: Re: top 10
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 4:37 am 
Master Pilot

Your list indicates you REALLY know your baseball!!! Very cool!! The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i></i>

Post subject: espn
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 2:24 pm 
Pilot

Thank you, Danlo. I just get a healthy doses of ESPN!
P.S What does ESON stand for? <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 9/8/02 10:30:55 am
</i>

Post subject: Re: espn
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 1:55 pm 
Master Pilot

Is this a trivia question? Hey that would make a great topic! A sports trivia game! ESON did I make a typo? Where??? The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 9/1/02 6:46:41 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: espn
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 1:41 am 
Master Pilot

Id like to have a sports forum on the Watch. And a just trivia forum would be cool, people could ask questions on it and the like. <i></i>

Post subject: I owe A-Rod an apology!!!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 11:27 pm 
Master Pilot

It's apparent, from my past posts in The Ice Dome, that I don't like Alex Rodriquez. I take that back and I owe him a deep apology. For someone who does so much in the community, offers huge sums of his salary 4 team developement and salary cap concerns, plays on a crappy team, hits over 50 homeruns (4 the 2nd season in a row, btw), a ton of RBIs, batting over .315, has the class 2 swap a signed bat and ball 2 the fan who returned #50 and keep his head when every1, like me, is calling 4 it--he's a class act. I still can't stand the Rangers, but A-Rod's a class act. The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 9/8/02 10:31:48 am
</i>