[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - '12 Playoffs/Super Bowl Challenge

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: '12 Playoffs/Super Bowl Challenge
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:20 am 
The Timekeeper

Rules:
Once again-Pick the playoff winners for Wildcard Weekend, Divisionals, League Championships and the Super Bowl. And, most importantly, predict the scores of those games. Not only does your record count but the LEAST number of negative points you accumulate counts as well.

example: Colts 44 Chargers 40-if you predicted Colts 38 Chargers 35 you would be 1-0 but also -12 (look at the '11 Playoff/SB thread to see how the scoring goes).

You can erase your negative numbers like this:
exact score: +20
total points: +15
closest pick of the week: +10
Wildcard Weekend

Saturday, Jan. 5th
afternoon
Bengals at Texans
late
Vikings at Packers

Sunday, Jan. 6th
early
Colts at Ravens
afternoon
Seahawks at Redskins

bye: Broncos, Fortyniners, Patriots, Falcons

Post subject: Re: '12 Playoffs/Super Bowl Challenge
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:44 pm 
Master Pilot

Saturday, Jan. 5th
afternoon
Bengals at Texans31-15
late
Vikings at Packers28-15

Sunday, Jan. 6th
early
Colts at Ravens21-15
afternoon
Seahawks at Redskins21-15

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:48 am 
The Timekeeper

:shock: Wow Cleburne was brave enough to go first! So here I go...I know I mistakenly picked Cincy right off the bat the same time last year, but now they're much better rounded with AJ, Harrison and the Law Firm and Houston appears to be fading, they'll win if they can somewhat contain Foster Bengals 31 Texans 25.
Love AP and Ponder's looking better and better, not Minn's year, not yet. GB with even a fledgling running game is scary whether Jones and Cobb start or Jennings and Nelson start, or any combo of the two Packers 24 Vikings 17.
OK, this is what I get for listening to Doug Gottlieb espouse the leadership ability of Ray Lewis today, that and the fact that Flacco never fails to win at least 1 playoff game. Rice could go pretty crazy v. Indy's style of D and if Ed Reed's halfway back in form they could be o/o Luck :roll: Ravens 17 Colts 13.
I thought GB/Minn was going to be my toughest decision, but this final game is. I LOVE Seattle this year, but Washington is very young and exciting with RG3 and Morris. Historical odds say never bet on the Seahawks on the road, however they have been playing much better away lately and I think Wilson and Lynch steal this one, just barely 38-32. Whew! :faint:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:13 pm 
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:razz: big red

cinn 23 hou 21
gb 10 minn 7
indy 23 balt 19
wash 21 sea 20

:sneak: mr sun

cinn 23 hou 20
gb 35 minn 31
balt 24 indy 17
sea 38 wash 24

8) cali

hou 24 cinn 20
gb 27 minn 20
indy 24 balt 20
wash 31 sea 27

:wave: :wave: :wave:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:17 am 
The Timekeeper

The fab 5!!! Cool! Cincy's facing and uphill battle right now...GOOD LUCK everyone!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:26 pm 
The Timekeeper

Wildcard Weekend Results:
Texans seem to have the Bengals number in the postseason beating them 19-13 Image Arian Foster 140 yd rush 1TD. Aaron Rodgers 274 yd pass 1TD, D wakes up with Woodson and others back, but the Packers pay the price for a 24-10 victory over Vikings with other key injuries. Ravens 24 Colts 9 Joe Flacco 282 yd pass 2TDs Anquon Boldin 145 yd rec 1TD. Despite a costly fumble Marshawn Lynch makes up for it with 132 yd rush 1TD, RG3 hobbles valiantly to the end, but it wasn't enough Seahawks 24 Redskins 14.

current standings:
Cleburne 3-1 -29 +10 (missed it by 2): -19
cali 3-1 -57
Sun 3-1 -70 +10: -60
danlo 3-1 -67
Bigred 2-2 -42

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:32 pm 
The Timekeeper

Divisionals

Saturday, Jan 12th
afternoon
Ravens at Broncos
late
Packers at Fortyniners

Sunday, Jan 13th
early
Seahawks at Falcons
afternoon
Houston at Patriots

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:49 pm 
The Timekeeper

OK, here I go, gulp!
Broncos 27 Ravens 20 road to the Super Bowl goes through Denver, two tough Ds, but ponies have the edge on O. Fortyniners 24 Packers 21 again two tuff Ds, 9ers don't do anything special except match up Cundiff comes in for Akers and kicks the winning FG. Seahawks 35 Falcons 17 I just don't see Atl waking up in time before birds roll them...Patriots 31 Texans 14 if Hou does, roughly the same to Cin NE will do roughly them same to them as Baltimore did last year... :shifty: :think: :football:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:37 pm 
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

California Baby's picks:
Ravens at Broncos 27-20
Packers at Fortyniners 31-27
Seahawks at Falcons 23-20
Houston at Patriots 34-27

Big Red Bulldog's picks:
Ravens at Broncos 31-27
Packers at Fortyniners 24-16
Seahawks at Falcons 27-23
Houston at Patriots 45-20

Mr. Sunshine's picks:
Ravens at Broncos 24-13
Packers at Fortyniners 20-17
Seahawks at Falcons 24-20
Houston at Patriots 31-20

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:02 am 
Master Pilot

Sorry I didn't get in - I totally forgot last week and it turns out i would have been 1 and 3 and this week it looks like I would habe picked 0-2 today, so I think I would be out of the running anyway....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:52 pm 
The Timekeeper

:wave: Good to see you Earthy, we lost England and I thought was only talking to Michigan in the waning days of the Hangar, unless we really do something to spruce things up around here. Very intense weekend for football. All scores were a lot higher than I expected...

Divisional results:
Up the road from me Peyton couldn't handle the cold as Justin Tucker hits a 47 yd FG in DOUBLE OT. Tough, exciting game Ravens earned it 38 Broncos 35 Joe Flacco 331 yd pass 3TDs Torrey Smith 95 yd rec 2TDs Ray Rice 131 1TD. Even MORE exciting was Cole freaking Kaepernick Image looking like he could singlehandedly win the Super Bowl: 263 yd pass 2 TDs and 181 yd rush 2TDs 2 to Michael Crabtree 119 yd rec Frank Gore 119 yd rush 1TD FortyNiners 45 Packer 31. Carroll can put together exciting teams but he's still a rook in the playoffs Falcons 30 Seahawks 28 Matt Ryan 250 yd pass 3TDs Michael Turner 98 yd rush. Patriots have their way all day Tom Brady 344 yd pass 3TDs Shane Vereen 83 yd rec 2TDs & 1 rush TD Stevan Ridley 82 yd rush 1TD Wes Welker 131 rec almost double up on the Texans 41-28. Image

current standings:
Bigred 5-3 -95 (closest score 4 off the NE game)
cali 5-3 -142
danlo 5-3 -154
Sun 5-3 -167

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:32 am 
The Timekeeper

Sunday, Jan 20th
afternoon
San Francisco 49ers at Atlanta Falcons
late
Baltimore Ravens at New England Patriots

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:52 pm 
The Timekeeper

San Francisco 30 Atlanta 24
New England 38 Baltimore 24
:pilot: :me: :ick: :shrug: :football: :rocker: :bmu:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:10 pm 
Master Pilot

Hi Danlo sorry completly forgot last week hope u dont mind putting picks in for this week

San Francisco 49ers at Atlanta Falcons 21-32

New England 31 Baltimore 27

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:48 pm 
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:razz: big red

SF 41 Atl 31

NE 45 Balt 27

:shock: mr sun

SF 31 Atl 27

Balt 34 NE 31

8) Cali