[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - NFL Picks Game player's bios/idle chat

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: NFL Picks Game player's bios/idle chat
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:40 pm 
The Timekeeper

Let's try something new this year and see if our NFL Picks Game participants would like to say anything about themselves or just throw back and forth some idle chatter!

danlo is from Albuquerque New Mexico
fav NFL team: Chargers
least fav: NFL teams: Raiders, Cowboys, Broncos
fav college team: NM Lobos (if we weren't the laughing stock of the country :faint: )
fav all time athelete: Michael Jordan
fav website (aside from the Hangar): KevinsWatch
fav emoticon here: :danlo:

Go Angels! Catch and bring down Texas!!!

Post subject: Re: NFL Picks Game player's bios/idle chat
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:17 am 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
Ooo!
A reason to go "off topic."
I like it!

Menolly is from what she calls "Gator Town," aka Gainesville, FL. Home of the University of Florida. On a lot of other forums I am known as "Gator Pam." My favorite college teams? Go GATORS!!

Having moved to southeastern Florida at nine years old from Long Island only a few years before the 1972 "perfect season" of the Miami Dolphins, I am a lifelong Dol-fan, win or lose.

I don't really have a least favorite NFL team, but hyperception's father dislikes Atlanta and Dallas, so I have picked up his attitude towards them. However, unless playing the Dolphins, I will also pull for Pittsburgh (sister lives there), N'awlins (I just started pulling for them after Katrina), both NYC teams (I was born there), Seattle (as I have friends out there who are like family), Tampa Bay and Jacksonville (the other Florida teams), and lately Denver, simply because I liked Tebow as a person when he was here at UF. I hope Tebow remains true to his convictions and charitable nature as he matures. If he does, whatever community he winds up in, whether Denver or elsewhere, will be fortunate to have him, regardless of how good a professional player he turns out to be.

My favorite all time athlete is one whose name you don't hear much anymore, but I read about her as a child and have admired her accomplishments ever since: "Babe" Didrikson. She was, and her memory remains, simply awesome.

Favorite website: da Watch!

I'm not actually all that much a follower of sports. My interests are cooking, singing, and surfing the web.

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:52 am 

Well, at least I broke .500...

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:46 pm 
The Timekeeper

^wrong thread^ Those Pickers are so focused on the game I doubt anyone even notices the Hangar or even this thread... :|

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:30 pm 
Master Pilot

I missed this thread before, sorry.

My hometown is Hamburg, NY a suburb of Buffalo so therefore:
Fav NFL Team: Bills
Least fav NFL team: AFC dolphins, NFC NY Gints (and yes, as a sign of my distain, I spell Giants as gints) Why, you may ask?
Lets just say for the dolphins, the 1970's and need I say anymore than 'wide right' when talking about the gints???
Fav college team: Penn State Nittany Lions!! Go State!
Fav athlete: Pele`
I would say Kevinswatch would be my fav website

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:27 pm 
Pilot

I'm from Tampa, Florida

fav NFL team: Tampa bay Buccaneers
least fav: NFL teams: JErseyToeSuckers, Panthers, Falcons, Saints.
fav college team: USF Bulls
fav all time athlete: Victoria Vanucci
(I....uhhhh......think she plays....tennis?)
fav website (including the Hangar): KevinsWatch
fav emoticon here: :banana:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:56 am 

~Avatar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:18 pm 
Pilot

Let's see...

I hail from Albany, Ohio (that's about ten miles from Athens).
Favorite NFL team: Erm... Browns? (It kinda has to be if you don't want to be lynched around here)
Least favorite NFL teams: Green Bay and Patriots. Filthy punks...

Favorite college team: Not the Buckeyes. If it's anything else, it would probably be my favorite.
Favorite all time athlete: Randy Johnson? I remember his name, anyway.
Favorite website: Kevin's Watch

Favorite emotiocon here: :duel:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:53 pm 
Master Pilot

Fav emoticon???

what other than:

:earthy:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:47 pm 
The Timekeeper

Gods the Chargers are sucking :swear: ! Take away Marcus McNeill & Chris Dielman and there's nothing left! Nothing! :bang:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:59 am 
Master Pilot

..from New Orleans, live in LaPlace, LA (nestled on I-10 and I-55 25 miles west of New Orleans, 45 miles east of Baton Rouge)
NFL team...unless you do not know very much about me...Saints all the way baby
Least favorite NFL teams...Cowboys and Falcons
...what is the difference between a dirty bathtub and a dirty bird??? A dirty bathtub at least has a ring!
College team...Geaux Tigers!...the realt Tigers, not them posers from Auburn or Clemson
Favorite all time athlete...(a lot of grief coming, I am sure)...Danny Ainge
Website...da Watch
hobbies...spending time with my boys, playing guitar / bass, writing music / lyrics, poetry, driving my wife crazy