[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - NHL 2010

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: NHL 2010
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:41 am 
Master Pilot

Well Duchess, I did not see you starting this & I needed to blow off some steam on my Sabres....

Are you kidding me!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

The Sabres front office has to be the cheapest, most inept bunch of morons out there.
Darcy Regier has to be the worst GM in all the NHL - I'm not sure what he has on the owner that keeps him in a job, but it surely can't be because of his player aquisitions!!

Post subject: Re: NHL 2010
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:50 pm 
Lady Scryer

Thank you for starting this Earthy. :D 8)

But tell us how you really feel about Sabres management. :wink:

Wings are playing well thus far, as is each and every team in the old Norris division. Right now every team in the division would be in the playoffs. 8)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:53 pm 
Master Pilot

All of Buffalo is calling for Ruff's job, but the real problem is the front office - they cannot make a decent trade, nor can they seem to pay the right guy when they should.
They are stuck with the albatros of Connelly, who is perennially hurt/slumping and Vanak just can't do it by himself, plus Pommenville is out with a concussion.
Couple that with an injury to Miller - that means no goal keeping AT ALL and no goals scored!!
Can't win many games like that, which they haven't.

Have I told you how much fun it is to be the proud supporter of both a NHL and NFL PROFESSIONAL basement dwelling team????

I always try to look on the bright side though.....at least we don't have a NBA team anymore - they moved to LA many years ago to dwell in the basement there!!

:drool:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:18 pm 
The Timekeeper

Might there be hope for the Avs this year? They've started out on a fairly good note... :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:48 pm 
Master Pilot

Well, the Sabres have improved somewhat, luckily it's a long season.....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:19 am 
Lady Scryer

It is a long season, Earthy. Hang in there!

Sometimes franchises have to go through rough times before they get the right people in place. Look at how awful my Wings used to be when I was growing up. Dead Things! Dead Wings! Awful year after year after year! They finally got the right people in place and look at how they have been the last decade or so. 8)

There is always hope - except for the Detroit Lions. :wink: :lol:

Danlo, I think your Avs will be fine this year. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:27 am 
Lady Scryer

Speaking of the Dead Things Era - it began forty years ago today!

Just like with the last decade of Detroit Lions football with William Clay Ford and Matt Millen and the last three years of University of Michigan football with coach Rich Rodriguez - it is simply amazing how much damage just 1-2 key office personnel (owners, GM's, or coaches or the like) can do to an historic team franchise - and how long it can sometimes take to repair the damages. :faint:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:39 pm 
Master Pilot

looks like the Sabres will change ownership:

http://www.wgr550.com/Paul-Hamilton--Sa ... me/9086770

Golisano has been a good owner, but he left everything to his front office and, well, Darcie Reger is an idiot as a GM, so....

Hopefully this will mean a better team - they have some talent, but can't seem to get over the hump..

Time will tell.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:29 am 
Lady Scryer

It can only go up, Earthy! :D Things will get better; Buffalo is a great hockey city! 8)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:22 pm 
The Timekeeper

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate the Ducks!? Grrrrrrrrrrr..... :razz:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:37 am 
Pilot

hey Earthy - my Wings will be playing over in Buffalo this weekend! :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:10 am 
Lady Scryer

The second season began today...my Wings won their first playoff game vs. Phoenix. :sky: :sky: :sky:

Speaking of which, rumors are going crazy around here over the last few weeks that the Coyotes will be heading back to Winnipeg next season. has anyone else heard these rumors? :?

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:14 pm 
Lady Scryer

Earthy, your Sabres goalie sure looked good in what I got to see of your playoff opener. 8) Got to love Miller. :hearts:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:38 am 
Lady Scryer

When the Jets played their last playoff game (and last game period) in Winnipeg before moving to Phoenix they lost their game and series to my Red Wings. Now that the Coyotes might have just played their last playoff game (and last game period) in Phoenix before the rumored move back to Winnipeg they lost the game and series to my Red Wings. Irony in that, if they do move back to Manitoba!

Glad the Wings swept and can get a break so that stars Zetterberg and Franzen can heal up before the next round of the playoffs. 8)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 5:21 am 
Lady Scryer

Wow - what about the Lightning sweeping the Caps? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

We Red Wings fans are very proud of the job Stevie Yzerman has done down there in his first year as GM. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Image Image Image