[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - NCAA Football 2010-11

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:00 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: NCAA Football 2010-11
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:05 pm 
Lady Scryer

I think that the BCS and NCAA are in cohoots to keep non-conference BCS teams out of the national championship. The Cam Newton eligibility question will be revisited - but only after the national title game. I think they think it is better to strip a team of a national title and void their wins than it is to have an undefeated non-BCS team compete!

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:52 pm 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
Urban Meyer resigns from Florida... :cry:

In my opinion, the season we had does not justify such.
I wonder if his stepping back due to the illness he originally resigned over last year is coming in to play?
...or if the opening for a coach with the Broncos may also have something to do with it?
Will we see a Meyer/Tebow reunion?

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:10 am 
Lady Scryer

I dunno. Some SEC fans are pretty mean to their coaches if they are not in a national title hunt every single year. I do not even live down there, but still heard plenty of nastiness directed both at Meyer and the coach at LSU, too, in the national media and on sports discussion boards. Madness! :box:

And neither one destroyed a forty year winning program like Rodriguez did with Michigan, either. :box:

In fact, both of their teams had pretty good seasons especially considering Florida was undergoing a rebuilding phase. :box:

I am sure Ann Arbor will be aswirl with rumors that Meyer will be heading here. :box: He and Harbaugh were supposedly the top two picks for the new coaching job once RichRod is fianlly fired. :?

You would have to be nuts to try to pick up the pieces of the UM football program at this point, though. :box:

(Do not know how long people down there have known this was coming, but Detroit sports talk radio (which my hub inflicts on me regularly) has been saying for at least a week that Meyer was leaving Florida. Supposedly he is honked off at the University for pressuring him back to coaching before his health was ready for him to be back (or so the sports radio rumors say).

They say there are three possibilities:
1. his heart is bad and he is taking a long (possibly permanent) medical leave from football
2. Denver Broncos job
3. University of Michigan job (he supposedly had a clause in his contract with Florida that he could leave at any time without penalty if he got a job offer from Michigan or Notre Dame).

My guess is that #1 and #2 are most likely).

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:55 am 
Lady Scryer

To any positive power in the universe who will listen to my plea:

Please please please please let today's Debacle Bowl be the last game Rich Rodriguez coaches at the University of Michigan. Please. Please. Please.

Thank you!

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:55 am 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
Good-bye Urban.
Despite this year's record, it was a terrific six years.
Thank you. For everything.
But especially for guiding Tebow into the awesome team player he is and will yet become.

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:49 pm 
Lady Scryer

I am so glad that the circus in Ann Arbor about the hiring of the new coach is over. :cloud:

And this time they hired a coach I wish they had given more consideration to last time - a very good though fairly unknown coach named Brady Hoke, a former UM assistant who bleeds maize and blue. He was the football coach at Ball State when my son went there and took BSU from being a bottom feeding MAC program to being a nationally ranked team. He is great on fundamentals and on recruitment and knows the Midwest as a recruiting ground. Unlike the Rich Rod hire, I feel pretty good about this one - though obviously only time will tell.

Menolly - sounds like Florida got a good solid new coach too. :) Former heir apparent of Texas so must be quite good. :)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:54 am 
Lady Scryer

Wow, has the rampant corruption rumored for years down in Columbus been exposed this spring or what??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

(Of course the rumors have been saying that the basketball team is also crooked, but I think there has been zero proof of that).

Image Image Image